We are 205,933 members in 81 forums discussing 148,889 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 03:56PM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1040 of 1,180 (35,387 results)

Posts 31171 - 31200 (35,387 total)

Mar 22, 2017 06:38PM - edited Mar 22, 2017 06:42PM by ruthbru

Finally got to walk with my Wednesday friends. The other lady in the boa and I are celebrating our March birthdays, everyone else is just plain celebrating Happy.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 22, 2017 09:43PM Falconer wrote:

LilacBlue, another year a ok! Awesome! thanks for the exercise info. Since you specialize in it I'm going to PM you. I'm going for small Flap recon- 34bish.

Two miles on the elliptical today 15 minute quickie!
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 22, 2017 09:56PM - edited Mar 22, 2017 10:48PM by Unbreakable01

Earlier this week one of my mom's friends told her I'm meaty. In our language the original saying is I'm "fat". I know I've gained some weight, but I've been through 4 surgeries and radiation. I was a workout fiend before cancer, but when you have to rest and not workout after surgery, you listen. The left is pre cancer, the right photo is post.

I've been running, not lifting weights as much. After I heard that I decided to kick it into higher gear. I'm running 3 miles a day, and now trying to lift 3 days a week. Strength training helps and I've lost some muscle over the 1 1/2 years. I am cutting out processed foods (I didn't eat much to begin with).

I'm doing this for me, not for her. Although I was rather annoyed at that comment. If I could, I wouldn't have gotten out of shape, but I didn't get to choose cancer. In my culture people don't have a filter. I just smh.

Dx 5/11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/29/2015 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/11/2016 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 8/15/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 22, 2017 10:00PM ruthbru wrote:

Just start where you are, Unbreakable, and work back up slowly.....it will come.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 22, 2017 11:48PM Felloco1 wrote:

unbreakable ... you have faced a massive challenge in dealing with cancer and the side effects / tiredness add to that tough time . Be proud at how strong you are and have been so far ...a little progress every day will add up.... I love to run but I am halfway through chemo ( post double mastectomy) so in the last 6 months it's not always been easy. I stay strong knowing that if I can't run I walk and give my self a break every now & then ! We are all traveling the same hard road....so stay strong knowing you have many friends here who really understand just how amazing you are doing.... keep going you will get to wherever you want to be 😀👍

Dx 10/10/2016, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 2/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left

Mar 22, 2017 11:58PM Falconer wrote:

Unbreakable, my heart is with you. I am in disbelief every time I step on the scale. I've always had a stable weight but I've gained 10-15 lbs. On me, that is a significant percentage. But now is the time to be gentle with yourself. You are beautiful, don't doubt it for a minute.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 23, 2017 01:18AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

workout accomplished

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Mar 23, 2017 01:31AM Unbreakable01 wrote:

Falconer, Felloco1,Ruthbru,

Thank you for the encouragement and for truly understanding. Its not only a battle of the body recovering, but I don't think tamoxifen helps either.

Doing pull ups is definitely not the same with the muscle pushing on the implant. Because I look healthy, people don't always realize the struggles to do the same workout as before.

I appreciate you all!

Dx 5/11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/29/2015 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/11/2016 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 8/15/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 23, 2017 02:25AM badger wrote:

hi all and welcome Unbreakable01 and breastcanceryogi. Do what you can when you can. All movement counts. I'm over ideal weight (doggone GS cookies LOL) but healthy and that's worth more than a number on a scale. But I'd sure like to drop ten.

Gotta share This Girl Can. I jiggle therefore I am.

7,401.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 23, 2017 02:36AM badger wrote:

Oh yeah, exercise LOL - met my walking buddy yesterday for a Capitol constitutional over lunch break. Today worked through so could leave early for doc appt.

Six-month follow-up with onc. He's pleased to see me looking healthy. We discussed DEXA scan result and since I have mild osteopenia he said to ask my PCP (primary care physician) about Reclast. He'd give me a shot once a year if she concurs. Anyone do a pharmaceutical bone-builder?

20,120 steps = 9.5 miles walked since last post.

7,401.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 23, 2017 03:58AM ruthbru wrote:

Cleaned the house this afternoon & went to yoga tonight.

Love the giggle, badger. Don't know about bone-builders but I imagine that somebody does.

Unbreakable, I tried to be very stoic & stiff upper lip etc. etc, during treatment and then was secretly miffed when people would comment that I must have had an easy time of it. Shocked It kind of brought out the crazy in me!

Mar 23, 2017 08:05AM hbcheryl wrote:

Unbreakable its one step at a time, you will build your muscle strength again and being healthy is far more important. LB great news congratulations. Badger I love that campaign.

Yesterday was my 3 class day - Sprint, Body Flow Express and LM BodyBarre, BodyBarre trial ends next week and I sure hope they keep the program as I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Tonight a friend and I walked the wetlands, they are right off the ocean on Coast Highway, the wind was fierce but such a lovely refreshing walk breathing the fresh ocean air.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 23, 2017 10:31AM LilacBlue wrote:

Cheryl, LM barre or vinyasa flow never made it here and can't see it happening in the foreseeable future. I'd love to teach vinyasa flow and #76 contains two track 2 sun salutations, courtesy of Kylie. Beautiful walk/photo. Falconer feel free to PM. Unbreakable, can so relate and between 1st. & 2nd. revision surgery, lost 20 lbs. I realized that for me to go through all this body harvesting/crap - to get to the results desired, the best way was to present with the best possible canvas I could to my PS. It was from this thread, Ruth (super B'day www photo!) actually, that showed me the way. I forget the name of the app, but I logged all that I consumed during the day and kept to very low calories (below 1000) and higher energy output, and cut out carbs. The flab on my tummy, hips and thighs left, yet cankles will never budge.

I think there is a hole in the bc book market for one on comprehensive diet & exercises - during tx and after, especially SE's of AL's, to get back to fit or become fit - to be in the desirable low BMI part of the scale for helping to keep recurrence at bay. The sad truth so far and including reports from a few of the bc ladies I work with at Pink Pilates, near starvation (1200 calories tops, or better to be below, per day) coupled with either big muscle movement (walking) or for quicker results, whole body workouts, several days a week, can do it. Truthfully, not many are willing to go to those lengths and as we know, high BMI exacerbates lymphedema, as all dots connect.

Going to go in to practice #76 and BB tonight, waiting for washer repair man to arrive.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 23, 2017 01:32PM Ginger48 wrote:

unbreakable- people can be so thoughtless. What you think is the only thing that matters. You have lots of support here to get healthy and strong again. Do what feels right and forget the rest.

Lilac- thinking of you after all that has happened in London.

Wonderland- I got into Hydro Running class! Someone dropped off at the last minute. 45 min of running drills in the pool. I feel it already.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 23, 2017 02:48PM - edited Mar 23, 2017 04:30PM by ruthbru

I am glad you got into your class, Ginger!!

loseit.com is free and a good way to track calories, exercise, what % of your food intake came from which food group each day & week etc. etc. I should probably go back there myself because I have a couple 'vacation pounds' that don't want to come off (but not today because my Book Club meets tonight which means wine and a rich dessert....hmmmmmm.....might there be a connection there to the pounds not coming off? Loopy).

I am going to do an hour of toning this morning, maybe the treadmill (it's raining here today), and I am subbing this afternoon so will get in some steps roaming around a classroom.

Beautiful ocean picture, Cheryl!

Mar 23, 2017 03:08PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Did a quick walk around the neighborhood this morning. Was pretty cold even though I was bundled up.

Mar 23, 2017 04:42PM - edited Mar 23, 2017 04:42PM by breastcanceryogi

badger - thanks for the welcome. It's very reassuring to find a community while going through this.

Yesterday: Some abs work, 40 mins on the stationary bike (very slow—I'm still on restricted activity), and an hourlong gentle yoga practice focusing primarily on hip openers. Crazy how tight my hips get from sitting around!

Another "funny" observation on yoga: surgery really turns your abilities upside down in some respects. I can do "hard" poses like Warrior 3 all day, but am struggling to get into "easy" poses like child's pose. Every day I get a little more movement back, though 🙂

Today: Probably more of the same, but I haven't yet broken free from the gravitational pull of the couch and the coffee cup.

Dx 12/27/2016, DCIS, Right, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 12/27/2016, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/6/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 3/19/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 24, 2017 12:54AM - edited Mar 24, 2017 12:56AM by sweetandspecial

hey all - posting from beautiful Queenstown today! DH had a successful red stag hunt earlier this week in Wanaka. While he was hunting our friends and I saw Cromwell and Cardrova areas. Ate lunch at the historic Cardrova Hotel, visited a distillery and had a tasting and finished up the day with a 4pm quadrunner excursion up the mountain (and back down again of course). Loved the quadrunner ride - had no idea I'd have such an incredible blast with that!

Wednesday was a quiet morning packing back up then a guided drive back to Queenstown with a lunch/shopping stop in Arrowtown. Red stag steak with eggs, toast and fruit for breakfast yesterday followed by a flight to Milford Sound, 2-hour BEAUTIFUL boat cruise and flight back to Q-town. Nary a cloud in the sky all day which is apparently unheard of in Fiordland area so we felt extremely blessed to experience the sound under such gorgeous conditions.

Red stag burgers with salad and sauteed mushrooms for dinner last night.

DH and I just returned from a Segway tour this morning (11:30am Friday right now). Next adventure is a guided tour to Glenorchy for sightseeing and a Lord of the Rings experience this afternoon. Will cook the last of our red stag supply tonight with leftover salad and some sauteed fresh vegetables and head out for Haast in the morning.

Exercise has been walking up and down steep hills from rental home to town and the Segway ride was a bit of a leg workout.

Will check in again when I can. I'm on my little notepad for this so typing a lot takes me a while.

Inspirational thought for today: Wake up, drink water, work out, eat healthy, give joy, be awesome!

Keep moving my sculpted sisters!

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/5/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Mar 24, 2017 01:02AM ruthbru wrote:

Great advice, sweet. I will only add one more piece of advce: eat some cake too!!!! SillyHeart

JEALOUS of your upcoming Lord of the Rings experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mar 24, 2017 02:42AM badger wrote:

me too!

Winking

Another busy day but productive. Being in a carpool is good because we leave at a set time which focuses the mind on the clock. Turned in 1st draft of today's project then took a 20-min 7th inning stretch. Came back to more inputs and had final draft in by COB.

Mar 24, 2017 05:13AM Wonderland wrote:

Ginger: So glad you got in the class! When I was in my 20s I took a water aerobics class at the Y. Each class ended with running in the pool. I thought it would be a breeze. Boy, was I wrong! The class was mainly older women and they were passing me left and right. Finally I got my rhythm and was able to keep up with the ladies. You'll have fun and a good workout.

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Unbreakable: that took guts to post your pictures. Some of us have been where you are, some of us are still there. We are here to support each other no matter what.

Karen: (((HUGS)))

Badger: Sounds like your new job is going well. So happy for you!

Sweet: Wow, just wow. What a fabulous time you are having!

Lilac: Congratulations on your yearly report!

Cheryl: Gorgeous picture!

Ruth: I look forward to your WWW pictures.

M0mmy: Yea for getting in your walk!

Walked/jogged this afternoon. It was perfect!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 24, 2017 09:52AM - edited Mar 24, 2017 10:57AM by LilacBlue

Sweet, good to read your holiday check in. Thanks Ginger, and this is how horrible terrorists incidents are handled over here (and why I love London):

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 24, 2017 01:07PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

I was horrified over the incident in London. I had been in that area when I was over there on a school trip in '93. It just made me sick to think that such a terrible thing happened that close to where I had been once.

Mar 24, 2017 04:10PM ruthbru wrote:

Happy Birthday, Cheryl! Let the adventures continue!!!!Heart

Mar 24, 2017 04:48PM Scottiemom11 wrote:

Sweet also jealous of your LOTR tour. That will go on my wish list. Can't wait to see your pictures. Enjoy.

On the bright side my PS said I can start back walking in another week.

Scottie

Diagnosed at age 48. Oncotype DX 11. BRCA Neg. Additional Therapy: Lupron & Gabapentin 2/5/15. . .Truncal Lymphedema 9/2/16. . .Capsular Contracture 2/10/17. . .Writer, photographer, mother of two autistic children. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dx 10/10/2014, ILC, Right, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, LCIS, Both breasts, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/3/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 7/27/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/20/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Mar 24, 2017 07:57PM hbcheryl wrote:

Thank you Ruth Heart Ginger glad you were able to get into the class. LB, I love the train board, people in Britain have had to deal with so much through the years what with all the IRA bombings. Barre and Vinyassa are on the On Demand app under Mind and Body if you every get a "try it free" for a week you should go online and look (and they put that of out all the time) it should be available over there as I am in a closed group for On Demand and there are people from the UK posting in the group. Sweet one of my my favpurite memories is flying on a private plane from Queenstown to Milford Sound, it was like you could reach out and touch the tops of the very jagged and snow covered mountains and then those cravasses were terrifying they were so deep then he took us through the sound sideways it was spectacular, NZ is so beautiful.

Last night did Sh'bam and Body Pump, was so tired after the gym that after dinner I fell asleep and woke up in my recliner at 2am.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 24, 2017 08:06PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Workout tonight

Mar 25, 2017 12:46AM karen1956 wrote:

I'm officially on spring break! Making almond cookies, but the dough needs to be refrigerated for an hour....I put in the freezer for less time....waiting to make/bake the cookies.

Feeling really stressed about Mom so enjoying a glass of wine a bit early...so of course I have to snack!

Have a good week-end. Karen

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Mar 25, 2017 01:29AM Vargadoll wrote:

Almost back to my pre-surgery steps! This week I have logged over 120,232 steps on my fitbit. The night isn't over so I should end my work week hussle with about 124,000 + steps.

Of course all this goes down tbe drain again when rads start....sigh....unbreakable, I totally understand and hope to have the same get and go when this BC journey is over!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Proverbs 31:25 Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/6/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/12/2017 Breast

Mar 25, 2017 05:02AM Wonderland wrote:

Cheryl: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are such a special person and I'm so glad I know you!!!

Vargadoll: Your step totals are awesome! Hopefully rads won't be too bad for you and your energy stays level.

Karen: Wine and almond cookies together sound soothing.

Hi All! Walked/ran this afternoon.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1040 of 1,180 (35,387 results)