We are 186,053 members in 80 forums discussing 140,354 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1040 of 1,052 (31,537 results)

Posts 31171 - 31200 (31,537 total)

Mar 18, 2017 07:51PM badger wrote:

Nice evening for a walk here too. Sun came out and so did the people, many with dogs.

We all have cabin fever, c'mon Spring!

6,523.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2017 01:55AM karen1956 wrote:

80 in Denver today and same forecast for tomorrow! This has been a good walking week for me.

Falling asleep at the "keyboard " (well on my iPad) so should go to sleep. Though trying to stay up till midnight to wish DD a happy 19th birthday!

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Mar 19, 2017 02:05AM hbcheryl wrote:

Gorgeous day here but I spent most of it house cleaning but did spend a little time weeding my what used to be rose garden which is now a bona ride weed garden thanks to all the rain we've had. Wonderland I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friends 😥.

Did Body Combat this morning. I am dog sitting an English Bulldog and walking him is quite a trial, he just stops and digs in and so getting him to move is a workout in itself as he weighs a ton.
Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2017 04:35PM ruthbru wrote:

3 humans, 4 dogs.....walking, walking n the park. DS comes home late tonight so I can relinquish the dog duties (although it has actually been fun).

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 19, 2017 10:56PM hbcheryl wrote:

Body Pump this morning then lots of yard work.

Mar 19, 2017 11:16PM karen1956 wrote:

I am totally spent!!!

Day started out great...DD's 19th birthday. Talked to her early this morning and she faced time me this afternoon while I was driving...She said keep your eyes on the road and I told her I could talk without looking at the phone!! Had a great time chatting with her. Her friends made her a surprise party at the end of the day and her room mates gave her a necklace in the shape of Israel. It was fun reading all her friend's posts and pictures on fb. I was missing her this afternoon so when she face timed me it was perfect timing as that was when I was feeling not being with her for her b'day. The last year as a Mom of a teenager. There were a couple years when I didn't have a teenager but I knew she would be one in a couple years (does this make sense? Her older brother and sister and 9 and 12 years older than her). Very weird feeling having all my kids grown up.

Got lots of walking in today...Walked with my DH this morning and after dinner and a friend this afternoon.

Great day, till I got a call f

Mar 19, 2017 11:27PM - edited Mar 19, 2017 11:28PM by ruthbru

???? I think your post got cut off, Karen.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 19, 2017 11:47PM sweetandspecial wrote:

40 minute walk in Queenstown botanical gardens early this morning☺. Also lots of just plain old tourist type hoofing it about town. At hunting lodge now for two nights, hopefully a bit of hiking tomorrow. Will log in when I can depending on WiFi availability.

It's currently 4:45pm on Monday in New Zealand.....How cool is that?

Hugs and kisses my sculpted sisters!

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/5/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Mar 19, 2017 11:50PM ruthbru wrote:

Enjoy, Sweet! Send back pictures of the scenery when you get a chance!!!

Mar 19, 2017 11:58PM - edited Mar 19, 2017 11:59PM by Wonderland

Karen: Did you fall asleep? Glad you were able to face time with your dd.

Sweet: Have fun!

Falconer: I do not know Nina Riggs so I looked her up. So, so sad. She was an amazing woman and writer. She died way too young. Thank you for letting me know about her. Also, I had a delayed DIEP in 2009 (left mastectomy in 2006). You have to take the first several weeks easy because you can't walk upright due to the abdominal incision. Once I was able to walk upright and all the drains were removed I started slowly back to my walking. I was out of work for 6 weeks and by that time my energy had returned and I was back to regular walking (but very careful about it and didn't overdo).

Had a fun weekend. My nephew is getting married at the end of April so on Saturday we had a family bridal shower. I love my family so much and we always have a great time together.

Walked/ran this afternoon.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 20, 2017 04:50AM LilacBlue wrote:

Morning, Monday once again. Gray and dull here. Spent the weekend in London finishing up a Pilates course and passed with flying colors. Must turn attention to BB #76, choreography and technique, including level 1 layering of coaching. Release date is April Fools and I don't want to come across as a fool.

Falconer asked:< I've noticed some of you have had DIEP recon. How did you feel when you returned to exercise> I did not have delayed diep, mine was immediate and could return to the gym, limited at first, about 6 - 8 weeks post surgery. I had a frozen left shoulder a resultant collateral damage, and could not do too much in group exercise classes like step with a clap overhead nor lift anything. Lower body, using legs only was ok, as long as the workout pants were soft and no elastic pressure against the 21 inch hip-to-hip healing incisional scar. There are women who can run 5 miles (what seems like) days after diep, yet I've fallen within normal limits of healing - slow with forward momentum, no recovery set back other than frozen shoulder that resolved with physio and one cortisone injection. Took me 9 months to do a up dog. It was the mental and physical awkwardness to going back to the gym post surgery, wearing my same clothes yet being physically rearranged underneath (and painful range of motion limited), to found with another instructor, Pink Ribbon Pilates in our Kent hinterlands, what was (at that time) a waste land of bc cancer aftercare - 65 miles out from London, with little or nothing locally for women recovering from bc. Not everyone is a joiner, yet programs devised for bc or general cancer exercise are worth the time (on many levels) to attend. If there is something like that near enough to you, go for it. When I've expressed this in the past on BCO exercise threads, some women, think they are too fit to attend a class like that - fair enough, maybe they are, but the support and inside information is so valuable as well. Ok, off my soapbox. I've blabbed enough..Have a good Monday everyone!

Pink Ribbon pilates in the morning, Blockfit this afternoon and Body Balance/Flow tonight.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 20, 2017 07:19AM - edited Mar 20, 2017 07:19AM by KB870

Managed normal swimming drills today - taxol must be working it's way out. Big energy boost!

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Mar 20, 2017 10:58AM Vargadoll wrote:

Good morning girls! The sun is shining in NC today. Should be 70 degrees today. It is warning up slowly. I have over 8,500 steps on already inside the house. A little spring cleaning is going on!

Over the weekend Saturday was almost 23,000 steps and Sunday only 14,000. I actually watched 2 movies with DH and my girl after church. It was cold here all day yesterday. DD and the family came over after dinner. New granddaughter is almost 2 weeks old! The almost 2 year old is doing so good with the new edition!

Heading out of a walk when it warms up more.

Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Breast

Mar 20, 2017 08:18PM badger wrote:

Happy Spring! Wore my leaf-green sweater set to work today.

Walked at lunchtime, outside for a change. It was 60 degrees this afternoon!

6,523.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2017 08:19PM ruthbru wrote:

Subbed, yoga, treadmill.

Mar 20, 2017 09:06PM Ginger48 wrote:

Hoping Karen is ok. Feels like a cliffhanger; waiting to hear the rest of that story..

Zumba today. Waiting to hear if I got into my hydro running class. I am first on the wait list. It runs for 5 weeks starting this Wednesday.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2017 09:18PM Falconer wrote:

back to teaching today- my student teacher finished her requirements. I do love my job.

Jogged two miles outside with the DH before picking up our little one from daycare.

Ruth- always say I'll never sub, but you do yoga and the treadmill which I will do! Makes me wonder...
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 20, 2017 09:33PM ruthbru wrote:

Falconer, I only sub at my old school, so I know the staff and how things are organized, and I only do subjects I enjoy, and only if I feel like it (I am good at saying 'no'). So it is actually fun; I get kid time, teaching time, but no meetings, no paperwork, and no hoops to jump through. I would still miss all the excitement if I didn't do it at all (although I think I will take tomorrow off because I talked so much today that I'm losing my voice!).

Mar 20, 2017 09:50PM Wonderland wrote:

Badger: Neat idea to wear your leaf green sweater set.

Vargadoll: I live in the piedmont area of NC. We had a gorgeous day, also. Enjoy your new granddaughter!

Ginger: Hope you get in your class. Sounds like fun.

Walked/ran this afternoon.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 20, 2017 11:07PM karen1956 wrote:

Thanks, Ruth, yes my post got cut off...I don't have the raw emotions when I posted yesterday, but I'll explain what happened. I was at Mom's yesterday afternoon and all was well when I left mid afternoon.. Mom's evening aid calls me at 5:30 in a panic and telling me that she has to call 911 for Mom...she said mom had non-stop "D", was out of it and having trouble breathing. I tell the aid to NOT call 911. Mom lives 3 miles from me so I head on over there. It takes me about 10 minutes to drive, park and get to her apt. When I get there, the aid had Mom in her mobility scooter and Mom was doing better. The aid had gotten Mom all cleaned up and we got Mom into bed. I stayed for about another hour to just be sure Mom was okay. Mom has a "Most" form on her front door and it specifies DNR. no article feeding and only comfort care. Its been on the door for 2 months...the form is bright green and the aid says she never read it!!! Really!! Well at least she now knows. The day time aid read it and know all about it. We now only have 2 regular aids for Mom. The day time aid and the evening aid who also does the week-end care.The evening is so so competitive with the day time aid and makes snide remarks about the day time aid, but she takes good care of Mom. I was soooo stressed last night. But today Mom sounded good.

Wonder...nope I didn't fall asleep!!

Ginger, I'm okay. Thanks for asking. It is very hard with Mom. She has degenerative neurological condition that will only continue to get worse. Other than the aids she has helping in her apt, I'm the one responsible for everything. She has known my DH for 40 years, but will not let him help her physically because it hurts her pride. She relies on me, which is okay as that is why I moved my parents near me 4 years ago (my dad passed away a month after they moved here). I miss who Mom used to be. We used to go to lunch together and she would come to my house for meals. She can no longer do either. It is not possible to get her in and out of my car. Mom is dependent for all her daily living skills.

Work was crazy today, and I'm sure it will be all week. Counting the time till Spring break next week. Since I don't work Fridays, only 3 more work days, but lots more paper work to do..Looking forward to having time to see some girl friends and do stuff in the house. i have 2 appointments next week and I'm sure the time will fill up, but hoping I'll be productive.

Need to go write a report for work.

Sweet dreams...

Mar 20, 2017 11:28PM ruthbru wrote:

Sending you a hug, Karen. I went through a similar thing with my dad, so know how draining & hard it is. And being a special ed. teacher for all those years, I know all about the paperwork too......one of my main reasons for retiring SickTired.

Mar 21, 2017 01:07AM hbcheryl wrote:

Oh Karen I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, sending you a big (((hug))).

Cardio Dance Party tonight, I am so tired I will probably fall asleep in my recliner.

Mar 21, 2017 08:31AM LilacBlue wrote:

Reads as highly stressful Karen - may all come to calm soon. KB870 - super and reads like you are back on your way up! Have yearly mammo later this afternoon with new bs as my previous wonder-woman Dr. retired.

Pilates class in early afternoon.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 21, 2017 10:17AM KB870 wrote:

Oh and when I saw the MO she cleared me to scuba again Yay! I'll be doing drills in the pool to get back into dive shape for the summer because the river is challenging.

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Mar 21, 2017 11:13AM breastcanceryogi wrote:

KB870 - Congrats! I'm also a diver and can't wait to get back to it. I dove in the St. Lawrence once upon a time and it was super challenging! good luck!

Dx 12/27/2016, DCIS, Right, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 12/27/2016, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/6/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 3/19/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 21, 2017 11:34AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

workout tonight

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/16/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Mar 21, 2017 05:46PM - edited Mar 21, 2017 07:12PM by ruthbru

Yea on the scuba diving!!!!

I did the treadmill & and a FIRM DVD (cardio & toning) this morning and shopped until I dropped this afternoon. There are some seriously good end-of-winter sales here; I got $100 boots for $20, a $60 dress for $17 etc. etc......(I spent $128 and saved $218. Whoo hoo!).

Mar 21, 2017 06:14PM Falconer wrote:

Lilacblue, thanks for the info about healing and exercise. I'm trying to focus on exercise as often as possible since surgery is scheduled for May 30- want to have as much muscle as I can build in the next few weeks, which probably won't be much. Though I'm trying!

Karen, I'm sorry you had all of those difficulties with your mom's care, as that must be so hard.

Ruth, You're a woman after my own heart.

Thanks, everyone, for continuing to provide me with inspiration even though I want to just turn into a sloth.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 21, 2017 11:26PM Ginger48 wrote:

Karen- giant hug headed to you. I know how stressful that is. We went through a year of it with my MIL after a brain surgery. She ultimately has gotten some independence back now but it was physically and emotionally exhausting at the time. Your mom is lucky to have you nearby. Enjoy spring break. Ours is not until April 10th...

Wonderland- unfortunately,I did not get into the hydro running class this time. I am bummed but am first on the list if/when they run it again.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 22, 2017 03:32AM - edited Mar 22, 2017 03:34AM by LilacBlue

Falconer, very doable and major muscle growth isn't achieved solely by exercise. Little and often protein, weight training 3-6 days a week, upping reps & speed, stay active moving major muscles - eating to get into calorie deficit = less fat & more muscle. A few divers here and something I've always wanted to get into. Had my 5 year out mammo and met with new bs. He was checking out my left diep, from all sides - lifting arms, feeling all around and remarked at how it well formed and matched my untouched rightie. I'm the smallest diep my PS had ever done and stated it was as difficult as a large one. Anyway, all was well for another year.

Tai chi this morning and BB tonight.

Page 1040 of 1,052 (31,537 results)