Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Morgan513
Morgan513 Member Posts: 303

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Comments

• London-Virginia
    London-Virginia Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2009

Hi there.

I have done my 10,000 sterps today and that is  roughl;y 5 kilometers, not to mention lots of cals!  (about 500).

Lovely sunny day here in London

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,756
    edited September 2009

I walked 2.3 miles in my neighborhood. 

Hot and humid here in south Louisiana.  Came in dripping with perspiration.  Should be less humid tomorrow.  Here's hoping!

• Jorf
    Jorf Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009

20 minutes on some new machine at the gym (bastard son of a treadmill and a stepper and an elypitical), 5 minutes on the erg (recovering from injury), 20 minutes of physical therapy/strengthening for the right shoulder/lat/neck/rotator cuff (from an injury) and the left pec/rotator cuff (left over from surgery/implant 3+ years ago - never ends). Trying to save my knees so that I can actually do Tae Kwon Do tomorrow night rather than poop out early like last night because I'd run earlier in the day.

Tough getting old - especially on tamoxifen!

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009

Walk for one hour at lunch - not sure of mileage. Went to climbing gym after work and climbed for two hours.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

Hi!  Awesome exercise!  I love the description of the new gym machine!  

Lisa-the climbing didn't bother your arm or chest after mx?  

I did step aerobics 45 mins yesterday.  I wanted to walk the dog too but didn't have time.

I'm trying to think about what to do for exercise today....I'll post later!

Lorrie 

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

I just complete the Firm Fat Blaster!  Now on with my day!  The kids have a half day so one of them will be home for lunch.  

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009

Lorrie,

Climbing is actually the only thing that helps my chest feel less tight.   I do wear  a compression shirt and sleeves when I climb, but so far it has not caused my mild le to flare up.  When I started climbing again after my mast, I built up slowly, so as not to overwhelm my lymph system.  So far so good!  

I also had a total hip replacement a month before my inital bc diagnosis.  I think climbing has helped my recovery from that surgery too.  Now it is my non-surgical hip that bothers me.  Ah well . . .

I went to pilates this morning and am just about to go for my lunch hour walk. 

Cheers!

• Sassa
    Sassa Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2009

I am trying to lose weight so I am little overboard on the exercise.

In the morning I do a Leslie Sansone video that is a circuit/interval walking routine.  The walking is a two mile boosted walk that is interspersed with strength training with a resistance band.  I follow that with a half hour of firming (total body) floor exercises and stretching.

In the afternoon I work out in my pool using aqua bars to strengthen my arms.

After dinner I ride my bike for an hour.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009

Oh boy, this is a great thread. Especially since I'm JUST NOW getting serious about regular exercise. My oncologist has been telling me that women who exercise are less likely to have recurrence than women who do NOT exercise. Sooooo.....I got a new bike this weekend. Actually, Faithandfifty has inspired me to start riding. I'll NEVER match her distance, but I've gotta start somewhere. I've been riding 30 minutes everyday, so I have no idea how far that is. I can't get the crazy odometer thingamajig to work. I'm hoping to work up to more each week.

Good luck to all!!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009

30 minutes/day is a considerable distance.  Way to go!!!

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Thanks Snookums---come join me:) We'll get a bicycle built for twoWink

I'll let you drive though....LOL

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2009

Howdy all..... Sloth-girl here. Coonie I was riding about 13 to 15 miles an hour toward the end of summer.... 12 to 13 per in the beginning.

Any 'real' cyclist would cringe.....but I kept it up for a total of 827 miles by the end of the summer!!! I know my heart was happier.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

• Jorf
    Jorf Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009

Tae Kwon Do class tonight. Good sweat and hot flash sweat.

Now, if I don't go to sleep soon I won't be able to go to the gym in the morning and will have to go after work and I don't like that as much. But I L O V E my new running shoes so it's more of an incentive to go.

Sleep is what I'm missing. (DH is away and I just don't go to bed when he's gone.) So I'm way too susceptible to food - eating way too much. Not enough exercise in the world for what I ate today....Undecided Oh well.

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Hey Jorf--what kind of running shoes do you have?

I didn't have time for exercise today....I worked about 10 hours. Of course, I took alot of steps, so maybe that counts a little.

It's always hard for me to find a good shoe. I think that's why my feet hurt so bad when I've tried walking. Any ideas??

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

Do any of you guys get hot flashes during a workout?  I do and it drives me crazy!  Sweat on top of sweat!

Coonie--I used to have really sore feet.  I solved it by getting sneakers that are very cushioned and are not too big.  I tend to buy them a little big but then my foot slides foreward in the foot bed and makes them sore.  The best thing I did was get running shoes with lots of cushioning.  I tend to do aerobics more than walk or run but the cushioned running shoes made everything better!

No workout for me today either.  I worked extra hours.  Unfortunately, I'm really tired but it wasn't from moving my body!  

I'm so happy we are posting our workouts!  This is great!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Hey Lorrie--yeah, I know what you mean about the hot flashes sweating over the sweat flashes....uggghhhhh

Do you mind my asking what brand shoe you prefer? I have Nike, New Balance, and Reebok, but none of those REALLY feel just right.

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Hey Lorrie--yeah, I know what you mean about the hot flashes sweating over the sweat flashes....uggghhhhh

Do you mind my asking what brand shoe you prefer? I have Nike, New Balance, and Reebok, but none of those REALLY feel just right.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

I'm a long time New Balance user but I switched over to Saucony.  I love the fit and the cusioning.  I'm on my second pair!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Thanks Lorrie...I may check our Academy Sporting Goods here in town. I'd like to try them.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009

Today was a rest day - I got a massage after work.

Tomorrrow's plan to walk and yoga in the morning, and climbing in the afternoon.

Lorrie and coonie, I have turned into a sweat ball. The least bit of exertion and I start dripping.

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Ok Ladies......got out and rode my bicycle 7 miles this morning. Even got DH to ride with me. We stopped by the local Sonic and got a big Diet Coke......yummmm. The temp is a wonderful 75 degrees, so that sure makes it easier:)

(((hugs to all)))

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009

Oh, I'm glad I found this thread. I'm ramping up my activity after a crazy year of surgeries and hip pain (which is finally getting better with chiro and really deep massage, as well as laying off impact stuff like running.)

Today was an hour long, hi-intensity spin claass at the Y. My hubby teaches it, and I help develop the play list and routines. Great fun.

Tomorrow I climb, and hope to get in a long walk, too, to enjoy the fall colors.

Anne

• coonie
    edited October 2009

Sorry to report I have not exercised today!Embarassed Raining cats and dogs, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.....LOL.

Hope some of you others have maybe done a little extra on my behalf today:)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009

Found this thread yesterday and immediately went and did 2 miles on the treadmill.  Will get up in a few minutes and go do it again today.  Thanks for this thread.  To feel I need to post daily may, and I stress the "may" keep me on task.  Will report tomorrow.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

Hi girls!  No exercise for me yesterday but I did the treadmill for 65 mins.  

Coonie--you're too funny!

Hey Patoo--where in NJ are you?

Lorrie 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009

Hey Morgan - North Brunswick just south of Edison.  Where are you?

So I didn't sign off but did do 2-1/2 miles on the treadmill just now - 55 minutes - Yay!

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

I live in Massachusetts but I grew up in NJ.  I have a brother in Avenel, a cousin Edison, niece in Woodbridge, etc.

Awesome workout, Patoo!

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009

I went to yoga class this morning and went to the climbing gym in the afternoon. I am pleasantly toasted now.

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2009

Can I join??? I have always been active, fell off the wagon after lumpectomy  and chemo-got back on during radiation, fell off again-- am now taking swimming lessons (helps with the joint pain) and walking and lifting weights---

Had my swim lesson this morning-maybe about 13 laps... will try to take a walk at lunch today depending on meetings....

good health to all--- exercise is the best medicine!!!

carole

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009

Welcome Carole!

I just finished Cardio Step Mix again.  I love this workout!  Now I'm off to our dog training lesson.  Yikes!

The way I look at it is this...if I do nothing else for myself, I exercise.  It is known to help prevent recurrences, so I have become a regular exerciser.  I exercised before bc but now, it is a much higher priority.  I exercise before just about anything else.

Have a great day!

Lorrie