We are 204,601 members in 81 forums discussing 148,297 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1058 of 1,170 (35,087 results)

Posts 31711 - 31740 (35,087 total)

May 26, 2017 08:39AM - edited May 26, 2017 08:40AM by ruthbru

Lovely post, Falconer. Thinking of you as you end the school year & prepare for your upcoming surgery.

I am going to do some sort of exercise in a few minutes, and then be treated to lunch by a friend (I gave a little talk to her classes earlier in the year & she wants to pay me back......heck, yes!). After that, I think I finally dare to go flower shopping & planting. Yea!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 26, 2017 09:52AM pat01 wrote:

Falconer, that was a wonderful post. And then I just noticed Ruths tag line "invisible threads are the strongest ties". I was on this thread a lot when I was first diagnosed, then drifted away, then came back and found the same loving caring women and some new ones too. I treasure you all too.

Been raining here for what seems like weeks, but I know I am exaggerating. Have caught a bit of a cold too, and the weather is not helping. Later today I'm going yet again to help my friends sister clean up his place. Tomorrow I am going to an all day music event in Boston with some family members, including my niece who had a mastectomy in March. It will be good to catch up with her. At least it is supposed to be clear tomorrow - cool but no rain. Hope you all enjoy your memorial day weekends.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy

May 26, 2017 10:15AM VelvetPoppy wrote:

Husband and son are playing in a scholarship golf tournament today. They left early this morning and will be gone until mid-afternoon. I could have stayed in bed, but I decided to make the most of this free time. I so seldom get alone time anymore.

PCP told me I could start walking again, but to take it slow. I went over to the pavilion and planned at least 10 minutes of a casual walk, but my foot said otherwise. It allowed me 6.5 minutes and then started to complain; when it convinced my left hip to join in, I gave up. 6 minutes is better than nothing, so I will take that and go again tomorrow. Slow and steady.

Long weekend. Son is off 4 days, so he will want to use the laundry room. I am doing a mega-wash today, while they are gone. I can fold while I watch a movie tonight. I thought about hanging a load or two out, but it's still a bit wet under the lines from the storm that came through Tuesday night. Will run the robot through the house while they are gone as well.

Husband is going to barbecue tomorrow. He has a brisket, pork ribs and a pork roast (for pulled pork) in the garage. I will season the meat and get it bagged to marinate before they get home. I have the fixings ready for the potato salad and will soak the beans overnight. He will be up early to start cooking.

Oncotype Dx: 11 Dx 12/9/2015, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/7/2016, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/27/2016 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 26, 2017 02:02PM NatsFan wrote:

Falconer - you've put into words exactly how I feel, and why I'm still on this thread nine years later. Thanks for expressing it so beautifully. Velvet - sorry your foot and hip didn't cooperate after 6 minutes, but as you say, 6 minutes is better than no minutes. Maybe they'll shut up next time for a few minutes longer. Sounds like you're going to have a yummy feast! Pat - have fun at the music fest, and hugs to your niece.

The Harriet Tubman trip was wonderful. The tour guide was excellent and really brought her to life for us. Her place on the $20 bill (replacing Jackson) will be well-deserved (barring the current administration throwing a wrench into the process). Did some work on my consulting project this morning, and getting ready to head out to the grocery store - rib eye is on sale, so we plan to splurge for a cookout this weekend. If I have time, I'll try to take a walk this afternoon to take advantage of the non-rainy day before DH gets home and we head to the cabin.

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 26, 2017 06:38PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Falconer - I totally agree with you on this thread. Six years into this, I still come here to this positive place and gain my motivation.

Mary I didn't realize that Harriet Tubman is replacing Andrew Jackson but my Cherokee ancestors lost their home thanks to Jackson, so I'm thrilled to see him kicked off the $20 by a true hero, a person of color and a woman.

Manchester: as always - makes no sense to any of us. I don't know how to solve the problem but comforted by the overwhelming good in people in the aftermath

Octogirl - have a fabulous vacation and I demand pictures!

I've been down and out with a horrible cold this week but finally managed a 14 minute walk yesterday and 30 minutes of lawn mowing today.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 26, 2017 09:12PM ruthbru wrote:

I just spent 4 hours planting flowers. I am pooped SickTiredand am going to be sore tomorrow!!!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 26, 2017 09:51PM - edited May 26, 2017 09:51PM by Falconer

The flowers will be nice, Ruth, so a little soreness will get you a lot of beauty.

Today was my last day of work, and I finally told my students I'd be out for the last two weeks ofschool. It was a bittersweet day. Interesting to me that the student who resisted time the most was the first to ask if she could hug me. Funny how that goes.

We are off to the Jersey Shore for a few days; the weather is not supposed to be beachy but the ocean is always lovely to see. My 15 year old is looking for a summer job there so we must go. Then home again on Memorial Day and Tuesday AM is DIEPland! I know many many of you have gone through this so I'm just following in your brave footsteps.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 26, 2017 10:14PM ruthbru wrote:

Falconer, the ones who are the naughtiest need you the most....and they know if you really care about them. I have to laugh because when I did the long term sub gig; along with the fun history classes, I had a big, HORRIBLE study hall 5th period. I dreaded that hour and had to really, really work to get us all on the same page. Well, once the real teacher was back and I'd go in on an occasional day when he had appointments etc. I was always greeted with hugs, High 5s, and general happiness; to which I would reply, "Well, well, absence makes the heart grow fonder." Kids are so interesting! Enjoy the ocean, my favorite place to be. Tuesday will be a good day to get behind you!!!

May 27, 2017 01:53AM LilacBlue wrote:

Falconer, thank you for your kind words and you are brave. Will be with you in spirit on Tuesday.

Yesterday was my son's last day of school, completed his formal - compulsory education. No graduation ceremony, no cap and gown, no printed announcements, no class ring, no all night party with his class. He bought a leavers sweatshirt with Leavers 2017 and all names of those leaving and did have a year 13 assembly and no parents or family, just an hour out of the school day and at lunch time barbecue for these leaving (not graduating). DS now studies at home and only returns to take what I consider UK SATs, although he takes them in 3 subjects: physics, biology and design technology and finds out in mid-August where he will go to uni in September. The head of his 6th form department, Jenny Tompkins used to be his design tech teacher who encouraged him and nurtured his love of DT, as has Sarah Neale, the head of 6th form DT, who had 9 boys in his year to work with these past two years. Out of the 9, our son is the only one who wants to go on the obtain a design technology degree at uni, the others are going off to read for other degree. I sent two large, beautiful, summery bouquets of flowers, to each of the above teachers, with a appreciative note card for all they have done for our DS. Needless to say, they loved the gesture. In my estimation, teachers and nurses are the unsung heroes of this world.

Three day weekend here too, yet I'm busy and off the body balance in a bit - after more coffee of course.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

May 27, 2017 11:33AM VelvetPoppy wrote:

I did 5 laps around the pavilion this morning. That's just over 1/2 mile. That's all my hip and heel would allow. At least it was more than yesterday. Slow and steady. I am being reallycareful with this foot.

Humidity is horrible. My husband got up at 3:30 or 4:00 this morning to start the coals for his barbecue. I joined him at 4:30 and it was 80 degrees outside! It's going to be hot & humid all weekend with likely heavy rain-possibly storms-late Sunday, all day Monday and into Tuesday & Wednesday. Every one here is keeping fingers crossed. We have had bad flooding the last two Memorial Day weekends. Some areas are trying to recover from tornadoes last week.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun kick-off to summer and remember those who have sacrificed so we can.

Oncotype Dx: 11 Dx 12/9/2015, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/7/2016, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/27/2016 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 27, 2017 12:17PM - edited May 27, 2017 12:18PM by Heidihill

Falconer, count me out, unreconstructed here. You are much braver than me. Wishing you all the best on Tuesday. Velvet poppy, hope no flooding. What a pain that would be. Lilac, congrats on your son leaving. No rituals here too except the kids go to somewhere like Spain to celebrate. Which will hopefully happen this time next year for us. 

We have a four-day weekend. But to each his own. DD has gone off with friends, DH is on a bike trip and I have some peace and quiet.

Biked to do errands and now walking 30 minutes to meet some friends.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 27, 2017 01:04PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

May go for a walk a little later otherwise, I will do a workout.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

May 27, 2017 07:24PM - edited May 27, 2017 07:29PM by ruthbru

Lilac, congratulations to your son and thank you for sending flowers and notes to the teachers. They will be MUCH appreciated!

Velvet, I hope your weather behaves.

I have had a super busy day. I went to Wakeup Yoga, bought MORE flowers (supporting the local greenhouse economy!), brought the grandpuppy over to help me plant (DS is out of town for the day.....we have already gone on one short and two long dog walks), went to a graduation party (I am glad they have graduation parties around here because I like all the food and cake!), and had coffee with my crabby old lady friend at the nursing home. Here is a picture of Stella helping out with the flowers:

May 27, 2017 09:50PM Wonderland wrote:

Falconer: Nice post from earlier. Wishing you the best on Tuesday. I had a delayed diep almost 2 years after my unimx. I'm sure you've studied the procedure and know what to expect. Please keep us informed after your surgery!

Ruth: Stella is precious. She wants to lick your pretty flowers.

TH: Hope you recover from your cold soon.

Velvet: May your foot continue to heal. How was your barbecue?

LB: Congratulations to your son! Wishing him luck on his tests. Such a nice gesture to send flowers to his teachers.

M0mmy: Did you go for a walk or some other type of workout?

Heidi: Love Love Love my family but also cherish those moments when it's just me.

KB: Picnic at the waterfront sounds delightful!

Went to our local Farmer's Market with dd and a good friend. We hung out together for awhile. DH and I mowed this afternoon. It takes 2 1/2 hours for one person to push mow the yard. Thankfully we started together (usually I start before he does) so I only mowed for 75 minutes. Then I trimmed tree limbs in the backyard and hauled them to the front for one hour. Couldn't wait to take my shower!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 27, 2017 11:20PM sweetandspecial wrote:

tuesday was body sculpt and treadmill

Thursday was two hours pushing a lawn mower and emptying the bag what felt like a hundred times.

Today was 3 hours hauling tree debris. We used a friend's tractor to start clearing 30+ years of creeping tree and shrub growth in our back yard. Looking good but still a lot of work to do.

Sleep well my sculpted sisters!

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/5/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 28, 2017 03:21AM tessu wrote:

Was going stir crazy --- can't walk for exercise while my inflamed knee joint/meniscus tear quiest down. But I attended Friday's "Hot Stretch" session at the health club. The physical therapist leading the group recommended using our exercise bike for aerobics now, bc that's what she was instructed to do for her torn knee ligament last year. So far, so good. And I've thrown in seated upper body work with hand weights. Happier now that I can get sweaty again :) :) :

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 28, 2017 07:08AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Didn't get to the walk, I did a workout at home. Was a bit shorter than usual but I am in the process of breaking in new sneakers.

May 28, 2017 07:16AM Castigame wrote:

did walk for about 50 min. Did recommended PT routine. Short walk at night. Epsom Salt bath and topped it off w flexitouch pump. Slept like a baby.

Mimi Dx 1/11/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes Dx 1/11/2017, IDC: Papillary/IDC: Cribriform, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy Chemotherapy 3/20/2017 Radiation Therapy 7/30/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 10/29/2017

May 28, 2017 10:43AM ruthbru wrote:

Welcome, Reba!

May 28, 2017 04:59PM ruthbru wrote:

Some toning with the FIRM gals, and now off to some more graduation parties........

May 28, 2017 06:34PM sweetandspecial wrote:

nothing today but I forgot to report well over 40 trips up and down the stairs hauling tubs of DD's belongings to sort through on Friday.

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/5/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 29, 2017 06:32AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Weather is a bit iffy here. Going to workout later today.

May 29, 2017 07:38AM octogirl wrote:

having a blast in Queensland Australia. Lots of exercise walking. Here is a pic from one of the beach walks we took...

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 29, 2017 07:40AM Vargadoll wrote:

Busy week! I got 143,909 steps in for my 7 day total! 11 miles was done on Saturday alone. Hope to get another 11 miles in today. Any fitbit gals looking for friends?

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Proverbs 31:25 Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/13/2017 Breast

May 29, 2017 07:48AM tessu wrote:

Recovering from a torn meniscus in my left knee two weeks ago. Guess sitting on my b*tt for a week without any exercise walking has paid off: just got back from a slow, careful four-block walk, with only a tiny bit of ouch at the end. Going to Pilates this afternoon (did Friday; instructor gave me modified moves for my knees). Hoping I can soon get back to lots of walking, for my sanity's sake --- that's my de-stressor

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 29, 2017 07:49AM tessu wrote:

octogirl: WOW!!!

May 29, 2017 09:29AM Falconer wrote:

Spent the weekend at the Jersey Shore- lots of biking and walking. Tomorrow is the surgery day, so I'll be out of it for a bit. Have a healthy week, everyone!

Lilac, I, too, have been thinking about the kindness you extended to your DS's teachers. Much appreciation for parents like you! Congratulations on your son's accomplishments.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 29, 2017 09:44AM - edited May 29, 2017 09:46AM by TwoHobbies

Beautiful scene , Octogirl. That is my favorite kind of vacation.

Tessu heal up quickly. Absolutely walking is my sanity saver too.

Vargadoll wow good stepping.

Falconer good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery to you.

We are having a perfectly gorgeous holiday weekend. Did a half hour walk and planted my flowers Saturday. Yesterday I worked in the yard moving bushes and plants around that lost their shade when we took out a tree. More than three hours of digging, hefting, hauling and weeding.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 29, 2017 01:38PM ruthbru wrote:

Beautiful ocean pictures, Octo & Falconer!!

I did an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin & half hour of Hip Hop with Marshall Fitness online. It is cool & rainy here so we are going to The Pirates of the Caribbean this afternoon. I will try NOT to order any popcorn.

Good luck tomorrow, Falconer. Check in when you can. Heart

May 29, 2017 01:41PM - edited May 29, 2017 03:16PM by tessu

My morning slow walk didn't bother my knee, so I went to Pilates this evening :)

Page 1058 of 1,170 (35,087 results)