We are 196,325 members in 81 forums discussing 144,696 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1058 of 1,114 (33,401 results)

Posts 31711 - 31740 (33,401 total)

May 18, 2017 02:43PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Did my exercise for the day in this blasted heat. Washed and hung out my sheets and towels earlier.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 18, 2017 02:56PM ruthbru wrote:

Falconer, WWW stands for Wednesday Walking Women. We are a group of retired teachers who walk for an hour every Wednesday at 8 am (because Wednesday is 'hump day' and 8 am is when school starts), and then we go out for breakfast (and eat for 2 hours to make up for all the 20 minute lunches over our teaching careers Winking). A very fun way to get some exercise, keep up with old friends, and make new friends too.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 18, 2017 08:48PM Falconer wrote:

Ruth, they must let you retire early in ND. Like in your 40s? You ladies look too young to be retired. Must be all the walking and talking that keeps you young.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

May 18, 2017 09:34PM ruthbru wrote:

Hahaha.....our skin stays nice and smooth because it is too cold to get a sunburn for most of the year. In the picture I posted this week, four of us are in our 60s, two are in their late 50s, and two ladies are 72 years young. Walking, talking, and doing interesting things absolutely keeps you young!

Speaking of interesting things, tomorrow I am subbing in 6th grade Science where we will be dissecting owl poop (it has a nicer name, but I can't remember it) to investigate their diet. Learning something new every day! Loopy

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 18, 2017 09:42PM Butterfly1234 wrote:

Yup owl pellets lol SickTired

No matter what you look like or think you look like, you're special and loved and perfect just the way you are. Ariel Winter Dx 1/24/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/11/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 5/9/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 18, 2017 09:49PM ruthbru wrote:

Yes, that's what they're called!

May 19, 2017 02:35AM LilacBlue wrote:

Ruth, I like your retired teachers community and get to see the seasons change as well in your weekly WWW photos. Falconer, all the best to you on your diep follow-up tests, I also had a scan to find the best vein to use. ErenTo welcome! Mary, wow, now consulting and reads that you are back on the beam for full recovery - great.

Today, after my mid-day Pilates class, off on the M25 to drive up to Nottingham (three hour drive) for a weekend course titled: Tai Chi for Arthritis for Falls Prevention with one of the few master trainers here in the UK. DH was going to go with me if we could visit his niece&family (live in the area) yet they have guests all weekend with busy things planned. So, on Saturday night, rather than just practice tai chi in my hotel room, I've bought a ticket to see the musical Rent, at the Nottingham Playhouse, which is within walking distance of where I'm staying. Also had an interview on Wednesday and picked up two more weekly Pilates classes to teach at a newly opened, upscale spa and health club. Need to finish packing a get a move on.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

May 19, 2017 03:54AM Falconer wrote:

Owl Pellets

A month ago
in biology lab
you sat close to me
knee touching mine
your sweet smell
almost drowning out
the formaldehyde stink
which crinkled up
your nose
while I dissected a fetal pig.

Now I take apart
this owl pellet
small bag that holds
skin and hair and bones
little skeletons
what the owl ate
but couldn't digest
and coughed back up

You sit with Jon Fox
ignore me completely
laugh at his dumb jokes
let your head fall onto
his bony shoulder
while I attempt
to piece together
with trembling hands
the tiny bones
of a baby snake

Certain things
are just about
impossible
to swallow.

-Ralph Fletcher

Thought of this poem, perfect for that middle school lovesick child, when you mentioned owl pellets, Ruth.

It's a bit hard to sleep tonight; hot weather and the thought of all I have to do in a week with my 8th graders before I leave them.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2017 04:43AM - edited May 19, 2017 04:44AM by LilacBlue

Nice poem Falconer and hope you can fall into a deep sleep beauty. Ruth & TW, chiming with enjoyed your stream photos and Mary, your garden is so zen and serene - wonderful,and hope the bears leave it alone.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

May 19, 2017 02:41PM NatsFan wrote:

Wonder - ick on the tick! Great that they got your DH on antibiotics right away to prevent Lyme. LOL on the owl pellet poem, Falconer! Hope all the pre-DIEP tests go OK and you can get it done ASAP. Lilac - sounds like a fun weekend, and congrats on picking up ever more classes at the spiffy new place!

Good news on the post-surgery front. The PT discharged me yesterday, saying I was "A+" in my rehab. She gave me me exercises to keep doing at home, but said that no need to keep coming in for sessions wit her. And today the surgeon discharged me - he did all the standard ROM tests, and he must of been impressed because he kept saying "Oh wow!" and concluded with, "It's almost like you never even had surgery." I still have a few hand-behind-the-back ROM and strength exercises, but overall they seemed pleased with my progress.

We have 17 year cicadas coming out!! They're not due until 2021, but apparently for some reason many of them are confused and coming out early. Many people don't like them, but I think they're so neat, and having some come out 4 years early is a small treat.

Hit the fitness center after my dr appt - elliptical, arm bike, and slow treadmill run. Off to the cabin!

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 19, 2017 03:55PM Wonderland wrote:

Nats: Congratulation on your discharge! Love that you impressed your surgeon.

Falconer: That poem LOL!

LB: What an interesting weekend you have planned. Congratulations on picking up new classes at a new upscale club!

Welcome ErenTo!

Push mowed for 90 minutes.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2017 08:02PM karen1956 wrote:

Nats...great news!!

Ruth..when does school get out for summer vacation by you. I'm done in 2 weeks, but some districts are done next week.

This lousy weather we've had for the last couple days is messing with my walking. Did not get a walk in before work because it was too wet!! Snow in Denver but not sticking to grass or roads and today it is mostly rain. Great for the trees and grass.

Have a great week-end

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

May 19, 2017 08:29PM sweetandspecial wrote:

Can't remember when I posted last.

Two hour pushing a non-self-propelled mower and 20 minutes weeding neighbors rock garden. Plus faithfully doing 45 minutes body sculpt and 30 minutes treadmill every Tuesday and Thursday.

Picking DD up tomorrow for 2 weeks stateside☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ I haven't seen her since August! She'll have a week here at home then off to Baltimore for a week with the boyfriend and she's maid of honor at a wedding in DC on the 3rd.

DH and I are attending the wedding too (DD's bf from high school and our kitty corner neighbor since toddlerhood). Black tie affair so invested in a beautiful evening gown and DH will be handsome in a tux😉. We'll represent the bride's hick home town with a touch of class (I hope). The ladies at the local bridal shop are geeked about their wares brushing arms with Washington 'elite'......lol

We are also flying into Baltimore and are hoping to hook up with Nats Fan for brunch on Friday the 2nd.

Vegging out for the rest of the evening - sleep well my sculpted sisters!

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 19, 2017 09:41PM - edited May 19, 2017 09:42PM by ruthbru

I LOVE the owl pellet poem. Sadly the shipment of pellets did not arrive so I didn't get to be part of that lesson (we watched a movie about storms instead & then had a great discussion as everyone has a storm story). I went to birthday party of a teacher friend after work and ate mounds of junk food, so this is my exercise day off.

Karen, school here is done next Thursday.

Lilac, I'm sure you enjoyed rent. Congratulations on the new classes.

Mary, yea on being the model patient! So fun if you and sweet can get together!!

Wonderland, watch out for those ticks when you are mowing!

May 20, 2017 04:04AM annoyingboob wrote:

ive been pretty good with the exercise - spin class every day/every otherday, BUT ive been eating sweets as a prize for working out, so that just about nulls it all out, lol. need motivation to kick the sweets habit. advice?????

Dx 12/2016, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 20, 2017 08:47AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Didn't get the planting done like I was going to yesterday because of another day of 90 degree heat. Much cooler today so I am going to get going on it today

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 20, 2017 08:57AM bareclaws wrote:

annoyingboob, the only way I can keep away from sugar-added sweets is to not have them in the house, not bake them, not buy them, not order them at a restaurant. It's paid off. My non-fasting blood glucose before chemo yesterday was 90. I'm not diabetic, or pre-diabetic and intend to stay that way. Vegetables! All the vegetables! For breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I buy fresh produce at least twice a week and my grocery bill is outrageous.

May 20, 2017 01:24PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

All flowers and veggies are planted. Enough room left to put more tomatoes in

May 20, 2017 03:06PM KB870 wrote:

Planted 2 blackcurrant bushes and a memorial rose for our dear kitty Muppet, a hardy one called Bill Reid - golden yellow. Cleaned 2 coops out with the added benefit of a wonky step acing like a balance board for core strength, I think it must count.

Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

May 20, 2017 03:17PM bareclaws wrote:

One hour of hula hooping! I ran/walked for the last four days straightand my legs needed a break.

May 20, 2017 04:18PM ErenTo wrote:

Thanks for the welcome!

Ran for 30 minutes today and did 20 min upper body circuit. It's perfect running weather.

Survived an unexplained sudden cardiac arrest b/w surgery and chemo (while attending a chemo info session at the hospital). Code blue, CPR, induced coma, ICU, ICD. Escaped alive with heart and brain unscathed! Dx 12/8/2014, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/19/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/23/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 8/3/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

May 20, 2017 05:19PM ruthbru wrote:

Early bird yoga & a 45 minute walk.

May 20, 2017 08:25PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Sweets have always been my weakness, anniyingboob. i try to avoid all added sugar in everyday foods and then can have a little treat now and again. Plus everything tastes really sweet then so I can get away with baked apple slices and pretend its apple pie. In general I keep two things around-a lot of frozen fruit and Lindt truffles. Frozen blueberries. mango and cherries are reliably sweet and satisfy my sweet tooth and two or three Lindts have minimal sugar and also satisfy. Summer is my biggest challenge with ice cream and mango bubble smoothies.

Boy that poem does take you back to high school. Dont miss those days of angst over boys or smelling a fetal pig.

Mid week I got in another 43 minute walk and next day a 14 minute walk and then the rain came so two days of slacking here.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 21, 2017 06:41AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Going to workout some time today

May 21, 2017 06:13PM Falconer wrote:

Ran 3 miles this morning after working in the garden. Then I had to drive my DS to his away soccer match about an hour from here. Man did I have a creaky time walking from the car to the field. Woah there, Aromasin. Ease up on the joints there, aight

May 21, 2017 06:22PM carmstr835 wrote:

I did 1 mile on the treadmill 3.0 m/h and 3.5 on the recumbent bike for 20 minutes. Not a lot but I thought I would at least get a couple days in, it makes me feel much better and I am not sure if tomorrow I will have the ability. The neulesta shot is supposed to kick in tomorrow.

Dx 3/1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/17 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/22/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/28/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 5/17/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 6/27/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/27/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 6/27/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 9/11/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 21, 2017 07:21PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Did two hours of digging and planting which means a lot of squats and this evening I am already feeling it.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 21, 2017 10:26PM ruthbru wrote:

It was cold and rainy here today. I did some toning & indoor walking.

May 22, 2017 03:27AM LilacBlue wrote:

Annoyingb, upping protein helps me to curb my sweet tooth - a palm of almonds helps and also magnesium, as food rich in magnesium helps as well to keep sweet cravings at bay. Welcome carmstr835 and wonderful and inspirational that you are exercising during active treat, yet taking 24 hours off exercise - a down day, on either side of a chemo day is best as it helps your heart and immune system stabilize. Got in last night from a weekend away of tai chi. Wonderful weekend in Nottingham and took in the play Rent, at the local playhouse and loved it! Off to knock out a lesson plan for Pink Ribbon Pilates and an agenda for the meeting afterwards regarding our fundraising Wellbeing Day in July.

Have a good start to the week everyone!

May 22, 2017 07:02AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Going to be up and down on a stepstool to change over the curtains

Page 1058 of 1,114 (33,401 results)