We are 194,695 members in 81 forums discussing 143,965 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1065 of 1,105 (33,149 results)

Posts 31921 - 31950 (33,149 total)

Jun 15, 2017 10:55PM Wonderland wrote:

burner: So glad you have joined us! One day soon you'll be shakin' it again. Now do what you can!

LB: OMG! You have one hot body! Congratulations on 5 years!!!

Falconer: What a sweet picture!

Ruth: Ya'll are having so much fun and looking forward to seeing you again next week.

Hi Everybody. Pushed mowed the yard - took over 2 1/2 hours. Talk about a sweaty, filthy mess afterwards!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 16, 2017 03:44AM Heidihill wrote:

Burner, shimmying is harder than it looks. But you will get there.

Ruth, love your quads. You can tell they are getting a good workout.

Wonderland, great upper body workout.

I got my lower body workout. Pushed pedals almost 3 hours. I did have to carry the bike way too many steps uphill so was pretty exhausted. 

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 16, 2017 07:43AM pat01 wrote:

hbcheryl, thanks for Scotland recommendations - we are renting a car and have Inverness and Stirling on our list. We fly in/out of Edinburgh, so will do the castle too. Our son will join us for 4 days, flying into Inverness and out of Glasgow - he want's to see Loch Ness and Skye.

A good friend messaged me last night about a trip to Ireland in the fall - and I thought "why not?" - life is short, and Ireland is beautiful, and I have family there as that is where my Mom was born. We went a couple of years ago (husband and London son met us for a few days) and got to see the farm where my Mom was born.

Ruth, looks like you are enjoying your vacation!

Today is my 6 year Cancerversary - I stopped publicly celebrating them, but inside I am still grateful every day for beating this disease. Today I am getting my hair done, and then a Pedi. Then home to plan a little more of our Scotland itinerary.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 16, 2017 12:46PM - edited Jun 16, 2017 12:46PM by LilacBlue

Terrific photos Ruth and Burner welcome and you will get the shaking back, no doubt it. Wonderland that was quite a workout. Pat, your Scotland trip reads as terrific, adding Ireland in the fall, wow, and happy 6 years. HeidiHill, you are awesome! I'm off 'm off to London early on the high speed tomorrow for a day on a course of Pilates for Older Populations. Afterwards, come home, have dinner and then drive DH to Gatwick Hilton, as he stays over for a very early flight to Trondheim, Norway. He won 1st. prize given by a classical radio station he listens to, to attend the Starmus Festival https://www.starmus.com/ DH is such a science head, (we never go on relaxing beach holidays, it's like National Geographic, all history and geographical science of the area of the world we visit) is over the moon, taking a week off work to attend lectures, dinners - everything on offer he get's a VIP pass and he will meet Buzz Aldrin, Charlie Duke and Harrison Schmitt and was to also meet Stephen Hawking,who is now not going. I'm home with son who is in the middle of his A Level exams, helping to keep plates spinning, so tonight we celebrate Father's Day at our house.

Happy start to the weekend everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Jun 16, 2017 01:17PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Since it's cool enough for me to workout later in the house, I will do it after dinner

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/25/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/25/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/27/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/28/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/21/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jun 16, 2017 02:03PM ruthbru wrote:

Here's a picture to make the foodies jealous. We had to walk really far to get to it......m

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 16, 2017 02:11PM NatsFan wrote:

Burner - welcome! You've come to the right place. Walking always counts as exercise, so you're off to a good start. And you'll be the Zumba Queen again someday!

Lilac - your DH's trip sounds fabulous!! Wow.

Pat - definitely yes to Edinburgh Castle. Also, if you want a nice hike, hike up to Arthur's Seat. Here's DH and me a few years ago when we were there - as you can see the top of Arthur's Seat gives you a beautiful view overlooking the whole city. And congrats on hitting the 6 year mark!

Hit the fitness center for elliptical and treadmill running, plus my PT exercises. After my 5K last weekend, I realize that I've been doing too much flat running on the dreadmill and need to work on hills, so today I programmed in a basic Hill program to start getting used to inclines again. I hate hills, but I need to do them. I'd love to run outside but it's just too hot these days, even in the early a.m., so I'm stuck running inside.

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 16, 2017 09:28PM patoo wrote:

You all are looking/doing great. I really have to get back to it. Pickleball is my activity preference but not doing it enough and it's not really going to keep the pounds away. They are adding up so need to make myself get back to daily, extra workouts, knees permitting. Think it will be lots of water which is easier. Have to come here again regularly as well to keep me accountable.

Thanks to all for continually posting for those of us who fall away from the fold.

Night sculpted friends.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel

Jun 16, 2017 10:00PM Falconer wrote:

I walked two miles yesterday and again today. So much to be grateful for, dontcha think?

Pat01- congratulations on 6 years; and it sounds like you treated yourself well.

Happy weekend, everyone

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Jun 16, 2017 10:26PM pink_is_my_colour wrote:

Been walking on the treadmill for 30 - 40 minutes a day since being diagnosed. Had first chemo treatment today and only a headache for side effect. Hopefully I can still get on the treadmill again tomorrow.

I've got a Garmin Vivofit which I found in a parking lot recently and it's tracking my steps. I've managed to do my 10k steps most days. Exercise is suppose to help manage the side effects.

I've always been active but never really into exercise. More into sport activities.I'm actually kind of starting to like exercising.

pink_is_my_colour Dx 4/4/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/4/2017, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/16/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Chemotherapy 8/18/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/23/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 17, 2017 09:10AM pat01 wrote:

Lilac - what a trip for your husband! Plus you get a week with control of the remote :) - Ruth, is that Oysters Rockefeller?? Yumm. And that chocolate drink looks pretty divine too.

Trying to book hotels for Scotland is exhausting - we are looking for bargains and so far have only booked 5 nights out of our 14. We should have started earlier, but it is what it is. Thanks Mary for Arthurs seat info, that looks like a lovely view.

Patoo, I hear you about falling away from the fold - aside from walking I have not been doing much of anything except thinking I should be doing more! Next week is beach camping vacation, so I will try to walk the beach 30 minutes every morning it isn't raining.

Jun 17, 2017 02:14PM burner wrote:

Wonderland and Heidihill- whoa, multihour workouts, congrats!

NatsFan- what a beautiful pic!!

Patoo- Pickleball is tons of fun. Haven't done it in years, but reminds me that yes, even things like ping pong and pickleball count as exercise for the stage of recovery that I'm at. Anything to get moving...

Falconer- 2 miles, consecutive days! *bows*

pink_is_my_colour- wishing you much strength during your chemo!!

I did 3 laps of mall walking yesterday, including arm-pumping. Had to stop at take breaks to catch my breath, but I pushed to get that 3rd lap in, yay!

Mr. Burner is going to take me for a walk up and down the local beach's boardwalk today. More like he'll be jogging long ellipses around me as I do what I can... it amuses me, at least. ;) Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!

Dx 12/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

Jun 17, 2017 04:04PM pink_is_my_colour wrote:

Day two after treatment and still managed to get in 40 minutes on the treadmill. Although not quite as intense as usual.

pink_is_my_colour Dx 4/4/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/4/2017, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/16/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Chemotherapy 8/18/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/23/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 17, 2017 04:41PM annoyingboob wrote:

I'm doing a challenge where I have to do 1 soul cycle- style class/day for 15 days. I'm on day 5. What was I thinking??? The lead instructor says ' you could do 2 classes one day and then take a day off'. I've never wanted 2 weeks to pass so quickly!! Not to mention I'm twice as old as most of the girls there who arrive 30 min early to do makeup and take selfies in the changing room mirrors. Ahhhh youth!!!!

On the plus side, 6 months out from surgery and xrt and I can lift 1.5kg weights and keep up with the arm part of the workout. Yay for small victories!!

Dx 12/2016, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 17, 2017 07:14PM pink_is_my_colour wrote:

Every little bit helps!

Jun 18, 2017 08:38AM pat01 wrote:

Off in the morning for a week of camping at Assateague. Recall cell signal was spotty in the area, so will catch up with you all next week when I return. Now to finish packing! And mow the lawn if it stops raining.

Jun 18, 2017 09:14AM TwoHobbies wrote:

Welcome to Pink and Burner This is a great place for motivation.

Ruth, dang that looks good!

Thursday I did P90 with my son - oh my it was hard but did what I could and then rested the other half for some of the exercises. Yesterday I weeded and dug and planted (never-ending) and then walked around the mall looking for clothes for my son.

I read an interesting article about aging and exercise this morning. They studied two groups, young (18-30 group) and old (65 to 80). To sum, those in both groups that did HIIT changed their muscle tissue at the cellular level. This was specifically looking at muscle tissue , but he comments that it probably applies to more than muscle tissue and that exercise is the only thing we have to delay aging. Strength training groups improved strength, but didn't change their mitochondria or ribosomes. The study author said if you have to do one exercise, do HIIT. Best may be three or four days of HIIT and two of strength. Here's a couple of links and discussion. Second link describes the actual training better:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170307155214.htm

https://www.si.com/edge/2017/03/10/anti-aging-hiit-workouts

I guess I will go back to focusing on those walk runs or do it on the bike.

Lilac it seems there's so much emphasis on aging of the face, but less on aging of our bodies. I have read that exercise helps with the skin aging too, but I wish it could do more miracles! Oh well, we are focusing on our health and at least we are making that effort.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 18, 2017 10:15AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Just did a brief workout in the garden by staking and supporting all the veggie plants.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/25/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/25/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/27/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/28/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/21/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jun 18, 2017 11:02AM - edited Jun 18, 2017 11:07AM by LilacBlue

TW, excellent links and why many gym programs are doing so well,and I know one PiYO instructor trainer who has a 30 minute PX90 class in a town rec room and brings all her own equipment. A friend of mine took it the other day and said it whooped her. For those don't know what HIIT is: High intensity interval training predominantly focuses on exhausting all energy in short bursts of time expanding maximal effort. An example being a short sprint for 15 - 30 seconds followed by a rest period. (the greater your fitness level the shorter the rest should be). Other examples - jumping, high knees, shuffling side to side, medicine ball slams, battle rope ,skipping rope - mountain climbers. I second ya on the face vs. body. Focus on health,and wellness - it is the effort, no doubt about it. Ruth, wow, what a meal. Annoyingboob, well done and Pink, you are awesome too, and helpful tip, make sure you give at least 24 hours after each infusion, to let your immune system adjust. Mary, loved the photo of you and DH with beautiful skyline of Edinburgh in the background.

Went on my course yesterday in London and it felt different; the fire and attack has given a more quiet sense in public that I noticed at St. Pancras/Kings Cross and in Islington, where my course was held. Enjoyed the workshop, only four of us on it. Drove husband to Gatwick Hilton last night. He flew this morning at 6:30 to Trondheim, Norway, arriving at 11:30 their time. I'm sure he is having a super time. Anyway, going to run the vacuum to rid us of the long border collie fur that abounds. Then watch body balance 77 filming with notes (was going to go and practice yet, I want some me time) and read 3 Sunday papers. Making confit duck legs for son and myself for dinner.

Pilates this morning. Have a enjoyable Sunday everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Jun 18, 2017 01:27PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Catching up with all the activities. Ruth.....yes, I'm jealous, but then I could take myself to one of the Seattle seafood places and have something equally yummy.

Well, I didn't go as far as planned in the Tour de Blast yesterday. Really challenging course, as I should have figured out from the 85% men. That said, I do have a personal best in the 2 mile hill I climbed at a 6% grade. I thought South Hill on the Seattle-to-Portland was bad!! It's a weenie hill (one half mile 4.5% grade) compared to the one I did yesterday. So 36 miles total, not the 54. The big reason I didn't go for the next distance is that my knee was complaining and I didn't want to really injure it. It's fine today. Quads are still talking though.

Cycling comes with built in HIT...otherwise known as "hills" so I think I'm covered. The same goes for Nordic skiing, and hiking.

Toutle is fascinating, very small, quite remote, and much more looks towards Portland, OR than Seattle. The Mountain (Mount St Helen's) dominates the imagination, and the Big Event was the 1980 eruption. This is Big Foot territory. (Big Foot is a mythic gentle giant who inhabits the forests of the American West.)

The big surprise was the unplanned entertainment at the Pasta Feed. This was in the high school cafeteria, and suddenly there was very good jazz music. I turned around expecting middle aged men. No....high school students!!! They were practicing. I was blown away.

The funny thing was a lack of planning for the overnight camping which was in a field next to the school. However, no one checked out the construction, and the fact that all the "facilities' were chained off at 6p for the night. No good bushes around either. Fortunately, there was a café next door and the owner had a good laugh and took pity on me. Long wait the next morning for everything to open at 6 am.

Happy to be home...talk about sleeping well, especially since it took 5 hours to get back with the traffic. I should have gone the scenic route. Toutle cuisine is burgers - elk and bison in addition to variants of beef. I had elk and took in the view of the river.

So a literal "Blast". - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Jun 18, 2017 01:51PM Scottiemom11 wrote:

Pink. . .way to go. Hang in there.

Pat. . .hang on to that list of cheap hotels. Dh and I may need them soon. I wanted to go there for our 25th renewal vows so it may still be possible. Do they still round up the wild Assateague horses every year?

Bad weather here keeps derailing my lake hikes, but there is always the dreadmill.

Scottie

Diagnosed at age 48. Oncotype DX 11. BRCA Neg. Additional Therapy: Lupron & Gabapentin 2/5/15. . .Truncal Lymphedema 9/2/16. . .Capsular Contracture 2/10/17. . .Writer, photographer, mother of two autistic children. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dx 10/10/2014, ILC, Right, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, LCIS, Both breasts, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/3/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 7/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/19/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jun 18, 2017 02:31PM ruthbru wrote:

Hi to the new gals. I will have to really read through and catch up when I get home. We are back at my sister's. Here's the woods by her house where we walked this morning (pretty, but it is too broiling hot for me!).

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 18, 2017 02:54PM Teese wrote:

Decided to join in. I was able to ride my stationary bike for 30 min today. My steps goal has been 10K since surgery and hoping to get back to 15k before chemo starts July 10.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day with our fathers or the fathers of our children.

Tees

Dx 4/24/2017, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/16/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/10/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Jun 18, 2017 06:14PM Falconer wrote:

Took a short walk yesterday- just 1.5 miles. I had a bit of anemia following surgery so been boosting iron rich foods- spinach lentils Brazil nuts sesame seeds maple syrup in my yogurt and today a big juicy burger w BBQ sauce to celebrate Father's Day. As a result, I've hardly moved at all! Blargh...

Welcome Teese Burner and Pink; you've joined an inspiring group of women here, as you can see!

Lovely walk Ruth; sorry it was a drippy one.

Annoying boob, congrats on the arm strength. It is quite an achievement.

Lilac, sorry that the city seemed hushed. It is amazing how the broken hearts of a place contain a collective consciousness. Do you have the place to yourself while your DH is in Norway? Well, besides the furry collie, that is.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Jun 18, 2017 09:34PM burner wrote:

pink_is_my_colour- good for you!

annoyingboob- laughed at your SoulCycle challenge... you can do it! I don't do SoulCycle, but Mr. Burner does (only because his company subsidizes some sessions). He hates going, but feels so much stronger afterwards, so drags himself there. :)

TwoHobbies- love your avatar. Thanks for the links on HIIT. I have a colleague who did p90 and his whole entire body was transformed in two months (along with some strict nutrition he was doing that I wasn't following at the time he did it). The "muscle confusion" did a lot for him... he loved it, although it kicked his butt.

M0mmyof2- the garden sounds awesome. What kinds of veg?

Claire- oh, your adventure sounds fun. I took one trip to Portland OR and loved hiking there.Never got to Seattle, but am going to try to make a Seattle trip in the fall. Depends on exchange surgery date...

Scottie- loled at "dreadmill"!! Good for you that you can still do it, despite detesting it!

Ruthbru - thanks for the outdoor pic! I find if I can't be outside or in a class where everyone else is moving, my motivation is lacking.

Only got in a mile walk today, but spent some time on flexibility and stretching... joined Falconer (great family photo avatar!) in chowing on an iron-rich salad (spinach, sesame seeds, and chickpeas for protein), but still need to get iron infusion this week. Legs are sore and joints are painfully stiff, but I'm glad to have done something today.

Thanks gals for the fitspiration!

Dx 12/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

Jun 19, 2017 07:32AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Got beans, peas, cucumbers and tomatoes planted.

Jun 19, 2017 01:38PM NatsFan wrote:

Pink - I love your avatar picture! Are those your adorable little poodles?? Hang in there during chemo. Good for your for doing what you can, but also listen to your body and be good to yourself.

Lilac - My heart just breaks for all the sad news coming out of England lately.

Pat - enjoy Assateague. I love the quiet beaches, interrupted only by an occasional pony herd.

Teese - hooray for getting back on the bike!!

Beautiful trail, Ruth!

More Garden N Sculpt this weekend including a lot of watering to keep our new plants alive in this heat. There's a good chance of storms today, so that will give us some much-needed rain. I had my fitness class this morning - even though the room had A/C everyone was wilting in the humidity. There's a new gentle yoga class starting on July 12 that I'm going to sign up for. I have a good yoga DVD, but somehow I don't make myself do it nearly as often as I should. Having to go to a class should take care of that.

A box turtle has apparently moved into one of the daylily beds at the cabin. As you can see, he was a bit shy about having his picture taken, but he was definitely keeping one eye on me! I love box turtles - they're so cool, and the fact that they can live for almost 100 years commands respect. I hope he decides to stick around.

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 19, 2017 06:47PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Well, Mary,, that just looks like a lovely place to rest. Welcome to Teese, too!

Yesterday I did a 32 minute walk and added 4 intervals in there. Then I weeded and weeded and weeded for 50 minutes. Twenty mminute walk at lunch today. I planned on going this evening a little more but it has rained again and not sure I will get anything in.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 19, 2017 07:22PM Wonderland wrote:

Welcome Pink and Teese!

Sweet turtle, Nats.

Hi Everybody. Just a quick note. Had a good walk/run last night and this evening. I'm getting used to the humidity again as it's here to stay for the summer.

Looking forward to having lunch with Ruth tomorrow!!!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 19, 2017 07:44PM ruthbru wrote:

Walked the dog this morning before it got super hot (and now stormy). My niece was supposed to fly out to Denver this afternoon....we just picked her back up as after four weather delays, they cancelled her flight! Yikes, hopefully I will have better luck. See you tomorrow, Wonderland! Happy

Page 1065 of 1,105 (33,149 results)