We are 193,652 members in 81 forums discussing 143,546 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1074 of 1,100 (32,975 results)

Posts 32191 - 32220 (32,975 total)

Jul 15, 2017 05:57PM - edited Jul 15, 2017 05:59PM by ruthbru

Yoga, walked, and went to a "Junk Fest"......not that I need more junk..... a friend of mine who makes & sells 'Button Bouquets" (I will post a picture instead of trying to describe them) had a booth set up there. I needed a couple of presents, so I figured I could support her & get some unique gifts all at the same time.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 15, 2017 06:59PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Wonderland, you are so creative, whether it be pumpkins or driftwood and seashells. Very cute.

Ruth I've seen brooch bouquets but haven't seen button ones. Your friend is also very creative.

We had some horrible flooding here, 7 inches of rain in one night. I am so thankful to have escaped the basement flooding. Two blocks north they had six feet of water in their basements and we had none. All my normal walking trails are flooded, so I am having to exercise around the neighborhood. I walked 25 minutes yesterday at lunch around the neighborhood and then 28 in the evening with DH. Today I mowed for 40 and walked the dog 15.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 15, 2017 07:13PM - edited Jul 15, 2017 07:17PM by Falconer

evening, everyone! Been thinking about you, Lilac, knowing it was a big weekend for you.

Ruth, thanks for that page on walking meditation. How can we save things we like from here? Anyone know?

Pat- hope the hubby's eye cleared up.

Heidi- what's the difference btwn combat and jam?

Octo- hope the knee surgery helps. Are you having a knee replacement

So there we are at the Cubs/Orioles game- what a beautiful place to watch a baseball game. Now; I haven't been to many games (3, actually in my whole life) so what do I know? But we had great seats and it was a fun time!We did lots of walking that day and night to get around Baltimore.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Jul 16, 2017 12:09AM LilacBlue wrote:

Did anyone make the sexy beetroot recipe(?)..it was again a big lunchtime hit! It was an amazing day for Pink Ribbon Pilates and the 18 all showed up and enjoyed it immensely. The event brings together all of us who attend the weekly pilates class and give us a chance to work side-by-side, chat and laugh together, which brings us closer as a group. Sue (retired school teacher), a member who has been with us since the start in February 2013, was fantastic in making the bunting, little lavendersewnsewn hanging thingys as a thank you gift to the treatment women and those who give their time, and she created the time sechedule for the treatment people, which was 6 clients each in 40 minute time slots during the day.

The women who paid to attend were perfect, they really revelled in it, even if they were a bit skeptical of receiving a indian head massage or hearing about cannabis oil, from Robert Phipps, the international body language expert, who is convinced it can help all of us. Had a slight panic late Friday afternoon, when I spoke to the yoga teacher Hannah who told me she and her young daughter were diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease so I needed to get a replacement last minute. Strangely enough, my girlfriend who was to teach Pilates called me just as I found out, she is also qualified in yoga, so she taught yoga session and I taught the Pilates, so that worked out. The food was fantastic and the Tunisian cauliflower frittata recipe that I baked was terrific and was the best chocolate cake recipe was once again a hit, very rich. And OMG, the woman who does the singing for health, was so on point, and was mesmerized by her teaching style, her passion for singing and how she got a room of women up and singing beautifully almost immediately and the first thing she said was, alright, who really does not want to be here and off they went. She is a big wheel in this country initiative, here she is leading a group on the cover photo of this pdf report that she helped produced. The UK is the leader in singing for health and it does work. The best was at the end, a truly amazing gong sound bath, that everyone present, felt and had excellent results with; feeling relaxed, clear headed, one women told me she went back to the womb and many want to do it again. The vibrations of the experience, shifted everyone to a new and relaxing level - it really does change you. The weather was meh and had a light shower just as we broke for lunch, the Tram Hatch gardens in full, lovely aromatic bloom and as always one does here, we ignored it and carried on. Needless to say, I was shattered at the end of yesterday and filled with gratitude for the experience.

New day and I'm up and off in a bit to teach Pilates at Champneys Spa and developing a little core of Sunday regulars as this class started in May.

Have terrific Sunday everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Jul 16, 2017 05:18AM badger wrote:

Congrats LB you did it, and in style!

Walked to the farmer's market yesterday morning and got some lovely fresh beets. Didn't make the sexy beetroot recipe but instead roasted beet salad with lettuce from DH's garden.

Beet and Pear Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese

This is a beautiful beet and pear salad recipe. The deeply colored, sliced beets are topped with sweet pears, goat cheese and a simple walnut vinaigrette.

(note: I use Bragg's organic BraggBerry dressing instead of making my own.)

Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 1 hour / Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes

Serves: 4 if served as the first course / 2 if served as the main course

Ingredients:

• 2 large red beets, stems trimmed, washed
  • 1 ripe pear, cored, sliced thin
  • 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
  • 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp walnut oil
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 cups baby arugula leaves
  • 4 oz goat cheese (I use the plain fresh goat cheese)

Preparation:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Wrap the beets in foil, place in a small baking dish, and bake for 1 hour, or until tender (test with a small knife). Allow to cool completely. When cool, scrape off the skin with a knife, and slice the beets as thin as possible; reserve.

Fan the beet slices on four chilled salad plates. Top with the sliced pear and walnuts. In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and walnut oil. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

Toss the arugula with a couple tablespoons of the dressing, and divide on top of each salad. Top each plate with the goat cheese (grate fine if using firm, aged goat cheese, or simply crumble if using soft goat cheese).

Drizzle each beet and pear salad with more of the dressing, serving any extra on the side. Serve immediately. (note: while the pre-arranged salad is pretty, I keep the ingredients separate as they stay fresher if we don't eat it up at one meal.I put out one bowl with the beets & pear slices, one with lettuce, one with toasted walnuts and one with goat cheese, and let people make their own salads.)

6,882.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 05:26AM ruthbru wrote:

Lilac, what a wonderful day! Your description almost makes me feel as if I were there. A mountaintop experience! I haven't tried the sexy beets yet, but they are on my list......and it sounds like the best chocolate cake should be in my file too!

Octo, isn't it annoying that once you decide to have a surgery that you have to wait, wait, wait.....GRRRR!

Twohobbies, I am glad your basement wasn't flooded, that happened to us once many years ago. We got 8 inches of rain in a couple hours and what a MESS!

Falconer, you and DH look absolutely fantastic!

I am shutting down to do some abs.Happy Sunday!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 05:40AM pat01 wrote:

Lilac - sounds like an extraordinary day!

DH's eye is still a little swollen and feeling better. Even though we did not go to the boat gathering yesterday, we did bike to the beach in the afternoon. Apparently he just didn't want to be seen by friends with his big swollen eye, but strangers (with shades on) were OK. Wasn't feeling the bike ride on the way to the beach, but got a second wind on the way home. It's about 16 miles round trip. I found myself thinking of you Claire and all the miles you were putting on your bike! Hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Hubby is out riding now, he gets more exercise if he goes without me - later we will probably take the boat out to a coastal pond and do some clamming, relaxing, etc. Have to enjoy these summer days!

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 01:07PM badger wrote:

Falconer, great pic! Go Cubbies! (and Nats, and Twins, and Brewers LOL)

Spent an hour at the gym today, did treadmill (20 mins warm-up, 10 cool-down) & weights (30 mins).

Lots of little bits of leftovers so it's "this'n'that" for supper tonight. Have a great week ahead, everyone!

6,882.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 07:02PM sweetandspecial wrote:

Yesterday did sidewalk, driveway and curb edging and about an hour sanding down the frame of 2nd hand kitchen table top frame. Got a coat of primer on the table and shortened legs and tomorrow hope to get first of coat of paint on. Should be able to get it put together later this week and post a pic of the final result.

Today went to church then to a cute tourist town about 45 minutes away for lunch with friends. After lunch we golfed 18 holes at a beautiful course. Just got home and am vegging for a bit before bed.

Sleep well 😴

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Jul 16, 2017 11:17PM LilacBlue wrote:

Falconer, you and DH look so terrific! Pat, hope your DH's eye issue resolves soon. Ruth, those button bouquets are quite unique. Thank you for your kind and supportive comments for our fundraiser. I'm now loading the car to take with me to Pink Pilates this morning with what was left, such as, a casserole dish, platters, etc..as I was there to the last of the clean up. Warm morning, warm fitful sleep last and body balance in early evening, and I just might be dragging my caboose by the time that rolls around; the wonders of a cup of coffee, not only will I stay awake, also burn more fat: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cpf.12279/full

Have a good start to the week everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Jul 17, 2017 12:47AM Falconer wrote:

Lilac, what a lovely event you had! Is this an annual experience? I can hear the joy in your writing about it. Soon after reading your post, my little ds was in the bath, singing away, and it dawned on me that singng does create happiness. And we all know how happiness can help ones health! I'll follow the link you shared.

All of the recent recipes sound delicious; thanks badger for adding the beet and pear salad to the mix.

I'm up in the middle of the night as the ds, while happy singing in the bath by day, is also sometimes still a bed wetter at night. Fortunately I don't have to return to work until Sept so I can get a few extra 😴 in the morning. I'm planning to start my running again tomorrow and it's best to go out before the heat of the day is too much.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Jul 17, 2017 07:02AM pat01 wrote:

Spent yesterday at a coastal pond - very relaxing, motored out to a sandbar to have our lunch, then on to a strip of beach where I read and DH clammed - steamed clams and salad for dinner, yumm! We are so lucky to live here, at least for most of the year! Winter is another story. DH has stopped mentioning his eye, so I guess it is feeling better, and tomorrow we both have eye appointments, so it will get another good look.

Yard and housework for me today, then off to Tunes on the Dunes tonight. Hope to squeeze in classical stretch at some point, that would be 3 days in a row, maybe a new routine for me!

Jul 17, 2017 09:33AM Scottiemom11 wrote:

Way behind in reading posts again. I have been one the dreadmill and hiking around our lake. One or the other daily. It's gotten really hot and humid -- standard Southern weather.

sweetandspecial. . .Gabapentin does wonders for nerve pain. I have never been completely nerve pain free since my BMx. My latest surgery for CC did correct most of it though.

Scottie

Diagnosed at age 48. Oncotype DX 11. BRCA Neg. Additional Therapy: Lupron & Gabapentin 2/5/15. . .Truncal Lymphedema 9/2/16. . .Capsular Contracture 2/10/17. . .Writer, photographer, mother of two autistic children. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dx 10/10/2014, ILC, Right, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/2/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 12/3/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, LCIS, Both breasts, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 7/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/19/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 17, 2017 02:36PM ruthbru wrote:

POUND this morning & yoga tonight.

Jul 17, 2017 03:48PM hbcheryl wrote:

LB I am so glad your fundraiser went well and yes I can tell of the joy you experienced in your writing, the gong sounds so interesting and the food, well I would certainly eat it if someone would cook it for me and I love beets (or as we say where I grew up beetroot), Wonderland you are very creative and clever that board is gorgeous if it was me it would be a board with a bit of blue paint on it!!!! Ruth they are cute gifts and its nice that you get to support a friend. Heidi I feel your pain I'm driving 86 miles to Escondido to do Body Jam, Jam and Shbam are still my favourites, luckily Shbam is OnDemand and Jam is there as LM Dance, they're old but still good. Great picture Falconer, Combat is MMA/fight based you do jab crosses, upper cuts, hooks side kicks and roundhouse kicks - Jam is dance its hip hop, house fusion cardio. TH I feel so bad for those poor people whose basements are flooded what a mess water creates.

Friday morning did Sprint and then in the evening 4 of us drove to San Diego for Body Jam - traffic was awful it took us 2-1/2 hours to get there and made it just in time for class then on Saturday one of the gym chains I belong to had a Les Mills Mash Up launch day for all the new releases, I had such a hard time deciding what to do and where to go I made a spreadsheet - I ended up doing Sprint, Grit Strength and Body Combat then jumped in my car raced to another and did Body Jam and Body Flow and yes I was exhausted by the end but it was a fabulous day (LB - flip dog = corpse pose for me Happy)

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 05:51PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Been catching up post ride. Just copied the beet salad, as just love this sort of recipe. My big news is that I have now finished 11 STP rides. Great day Saturday, but ran into a spot of trouble yesterday. Just no steam with a hilly stretch to go. Guess what??? It was the Kind bar with dark chocolate that rescued me. After that, I was just fine.

Perhaps it had something to do with not packing an extra blanket and shivering in my tent all night???? Anyway, no harm done, other than needing to dry out the soaking wet tent as a very heavy dew. The most amazing sight was entering Portland where it was crystal clear, and I was able to see Mount St Helens, Mount Adams, and Mount Hood. I had never seen all three mountains out, and the view was spectacular. Alas, no pictures as I couldn't stop on the bridge, but I was able to slow down and relish the view, and will always remember the sight.

This is me with a bit of post ride "recovery" (Fremont Brewing's Interurban IPA)...... I am off to get a bit of bubbly for tonight. I also made sure that I posted my odometer picture which reads 205.08 miles! - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Jul 17, 2017 06:37PM Ginger48 wrote:

LB- your event sounds like it was wonderful!

Zumba on Saturday, 17 mile bike ride yesterday before heading out to celebrate our 29th anniversary. We went on a lighthouse tour on a ferry. Then back home where both DD's made us a delicious dinner and hung around the fire pit on our newly finished patio. They are both moving out in the next couple of weeks so it was a special night to all be together. Did Zumba today and got in a little time kayaking in the late afternoon.

Pic of us on the boat

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 06:55PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Everyone is truly enjoying summer, I see! Lilac, your event sounds divine. I wish we could all go. Wouldn't it be a blast to get together in that way! Claire, Falconer, Pat, Ginger - enjoying vicariously your weeks with you. Falconer, so glad to see the Cubs hat on your hubby. I was hoping he wasn't routing for the other team!

Sunday was housecleaning day. Dragged my living room rug out to the deck and used the carpet cleaner on it and then cleaned the family room carpet. Took advantage of moving the furniture out to do a deep cleaning and even washed the curtains. Also cleaned two bathrooms. Today I went for a twenty minute walk. Oh and we also moved at work, so last Thursday was packing up day and today was unpacking day. Since my back hurt all weekend - I'm counting it!

Cheryl, corpse pose...I always say instead of downward facing dog can we do lying down dog.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 09:18PM Wonderland wrote:

Ginger: Happy Anniversary! Fabulous picture. What a special dinner and family time. Your dds sound like lovey people and I'm sure you will miss them.

LB: I really wish I had been present at your event. I was relaxed reading your description of it. You need to be very proud of your hard work.

Claire: Great picture and as always you continue to amaze me with your cycling. Glad you had your dark chocolate bar with you!

Cheryl: I'm exhausted just reading your post! Love all the classes you are committed to.

Pat: Glad your dh's eye appears to be better. Fresh clams for dinner sounds divine.

Falconer: Such a cute picture! Pretty smiles.

Octogirl: Hope your find out your surgery date soon.

Ruth: the Button Bouquets are cute.

TH: I'm glad that you missed the basement flooding. Sorry for others in your area that had flooding in their homes. I know who to call when I need furniture moved!

Walked/ran yesterday. It rained this evening so I stayed in and painted a big sunflower. When it's finished I'll post a picture.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 17, 2017 11:39PM Falconer wrote:

Agree! Summer looks and sounds good on you. Had a run/ walk today of 2.2 miles. First time back since DIEP. Although it was warm, I wore my abdominal binder for extra support and it felt alright.

Jul 18, 2017 08:28AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Too hot to walk this morning. Going to see if I can get hubby to go walking with me after dinner tonight

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/25/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/25/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/27/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/28/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/21/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 18, 2017 09:38AM Heidihill wrote:

Cool picture, Claire. What a run you are having with 11 STPs. Happy Anniversary, Ginger. Love the pic, Falconer. Pat, clamming must be so much fun. 

LB, sounds like all had a great time. Wish I could have been there, too. I believe in the benefits of singing. I sang Karaoke for some time as a way to workout my lungs on days I couldnt get outdoors. Did crunches on a Swiss ball while singing. 

Cheryl, love the variety of exercise that you get in one day.

Yesterday was dreadmill and weights. Today finally got a chance to do something with DD. Played badminton and went swimming in the lake. We challenged ourselves by switching hands after every hit. 

Renting a SUP (stand up paddle) board is on my bucket list for the summer.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 18, 2017 11:40AM - edited Jul 18, 2017 11:59AM by ruthbru

Zumba this morning & then picked up Stella the grandpuppy and met up with a friend who has been on vacation and her dogs for a walk. The three dogs are great friends so it was fun to watch how happy they were to see each other.

I passed my pre-op physical and (I am going to brag here) the doctor noted "She appears to be athletic and in good shape." Since I have never been called athletic in my life, I was pretty excited and will maybe have to blow up and frame that sentence!!! Loopy(Apparently if you live long enough, doing activities we would consider as normal puts you in the 'athletic' category. Whoo Hoo!)

Jul 18, 2017 12:32PM KB870 wrote:

Just done more shingle moving! If the weather would stay decent stand a chance of getting the job done!

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/18/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/30/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/28/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Jul 18, 2017 06:12PM Wonderland wrote:

Ruth: Now that's a compliment! WOW!!! You are athletic and in good shape all due to your commitment and hard work. Way to Go!

Walked/ran this evening after a bad thunderstorm.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 18, 2017 06:20PM sweetandspecial wrote:

Body sculpt and treadmill after work. Toast and bacon for dinner and have been a slug since. Two nights of not enough sleep followed by tough workout = 😵💤

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Jul 18, 2017 10:30PM hbcheryl wrote:

Great picture Ginger, Happy Anniversary. TH that is funny. Heidi if you come here I have an instructor friend who has a boat moored in Long Beach harbor with two paddle boards and I know she'd let you use one. What a fabulous compliment Ruth.

Tonight was Grit Strength and CX Works - waved to Nats as I drove by Angel Stadium on my way home as she's at the game tonight.
Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 19, 2017 03:41AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Did a walk just a bit ago.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/25/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/25/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/27/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/28/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/21/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 19, 2017 06:04AM pat01 wrote:

Claire, congrats on your ride.

Ruth, Congrats on being athletic - But anyone who reads this thread knows that you are, now you just have a doctor confirming it.

Got to the gym Monday, no alarms went off when I entered the building :), though I didn't recognize any of the staff. Did some arm work and felt it yesterday, so there are still muscles hiding in there. Went to Tunes on the Dunes Monday night, beautiful beach evening but wasn't feeling the music, so we left early. Yesterday was yard work and laundry, trying to clear the path to the pool, it's amazing how quickly vegetation wants to take over open space. Very warm and humid here today, may head to the gym later, at least it is air conditioned! How's that for motivation?

Jul 19, 2017 07:36AM KB870 wrote:

Put more torn off shingles in the trailer, awesome core workout. I must be getting stronger because this was almost no effort!

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/18/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/30/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/28/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Page 1074 of 1,100 (32,975 results)