We are 212,141 members in 82 forums discussing 151,797 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1082 of 1,219 (36,548 results)

Posts 32431 - 32460 (36,548 total)

Aug 14, 2017 08:33PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Wow, Heidi, what beautiful places to exercise in. Just gorgeous. Forest Bathing, I'm in!

Mommyof2, some people used to say Claritin helped with that pain- you might give it a try. Hope you feel better over the next couple of days.

Happy Birthday, Sweet!

Brightness, hoping for good news for you on your pathology.

Sunday I went to the lake and walked around the lake, 50 minutes, with two bouts of my one-minute bone building runs. It was only 75 degrees and every soul in the county seemed to be there enjoying the fine weather. Today I'm resting and trying to fight my kicked up appetite all day.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 09:06PM Ginger48 wrote:

I am back after being away for 3 weeks. Skimmed as much as I could. Welcome to newbies. This is a great thread to follow.

mommy-sorry to hear of your reoccurrence. Hoping your pain is going away.

Ruth- first surgery and then bees? You need a break!

Falconer- nice pictures! We had a great trip to Vancouver. We did some service work with the homeless, people with mental health issues and addiction. It was eye opening, exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Our kids (16 high schoolers) really stepped up and worked incredibly hard. We also went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, the Botanical Gardens and saw the Fireworks competition. We stayed at a hostel in West End. We were in Stanley Park on the 9th following a visit to the aquarium. We flew home that night. Missed you by a day. The only disappointment was that the smoke from the wildfires prevented us from seeing the mountains.

We walked around 19,000 steps each day and I was down about 5 pounds when I got home.

Caught a terrible cold/cough upon returning home and I am not getting much exercise. Cancelled my oncology checkup because I do not want to share these germs with anyone who has a compromised immune system.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 11:34PM octogirl wrote:

Hope that cough gets better soon, Ginger!

I am back from visiting my daughter, SIL and grandkids. The day at the pool was fantastic! We had a cabana for shade, my daughter made a picnic lunch, and we basically spent the entire day. DGD (9) spent most of her day on the water slides....I enjoyed sitting in the water and watching her...DGS was too small and young for the slides (at 4) but he enjoyed the water and playing in the sand...the pool is HUGE (about a city block wide and perhaps two or three blocks long) with an artificial 'beach'. It was big enough that I could swim laps quite a bit even (40 minutes or so) though lots of folks were enjoying the hot day in and by the water.

I leave Wednesday for my next trip, to Boston to see my son and his fiancee: time to start planning a wedding! :-) So, today, my exercise was running errands, and I did do a bit of clothes shopping. Back in the (local) pool tomorrow....

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 15, 2017 06:05AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Leg pains are pretty much gone and feeling a little better. Got that stupid tingling in my fingertips still.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Aug 15, 2017 12:36PM Brightness456 wrote:

It's raining in a dreary way here today, but I did manage to get in a short walk this morning. I'm in the process of building a new house and getting ready to move, so I'll be packing today. I've got family to move the containers, but I can fill them as able. Nothing like packing up a big house to realize how much stuff you have, yet don't really need.

I hope everyone has a lovely day

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/14/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 15, 2017 02:37PM Peregrinelady wrote:

Walked Murphy to park and back. 30 min. brisk walk, then running errands. Hope to bike ride this evening. Weather here has turned beautiful, 70's and blue sky after a month in the 90' with no rain and thick smoke. Feels like Fall!

Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/18/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 15, 2017 05:32PM ruthbru wrote:

Walked this morning and again this afternoon. It has been 'threatening' to rain all day, which I hope it does as we are still below average in the moisture department. My Book Club meets tonight. I read our book right after surgery and remember NOTHING about it! Loopy

Moving is lots of work. Good luck on all the organizing, sorting, packing etc. Brightness!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 15, 2017 07:32PM Wonderland wrote:

Heidi: GORGEOUS pictures!

Ginger: Such a special trip - sorry about your cold. Hope you recover soon.

M0mmy: Yea for no leg pain!

Octo: What a fun family day at the pool!

Brightness: It's amazing how much stuff we collect. Good luck packing!

Peregrinelady: Please send your weather my way!

Good Evening! Another hot sweaty day. I walked/ran a little bit ago and finished in a pool of sweat!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 16, 2017 08:24AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Felt good enough to go to Dunkin to get my breakfast! Little winded when I got back but feeling good. Now doing the last of the laundry and then it's relax time

Aug 16, 2017 08:28AM Brightness456 wrote:

Heading out to walk with my grandson. He agreed to no climbing, jumping etc since grandma is still sore. He's such a blessing.

Have a wonderful, healthy day everyone

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/14/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 16, 2017 08:47AM Falconer wrote:

Ginger- what a nice trip! We did many of the things that you mentioned, though the suspension bridge wasn't on our itinerary. How nice to take HS students on a service trip such as that. my daughter and I loved the botanical gardens the best. She'd never seen a giant redwood before so that was a surprise. She's a real nature girl. Someday I'm sure she'll get to the Pacific NW again and see some giant giant trees!

Yesterday I ran a really fast 1.6 miles (for me) as I had about 15 minutes before I had to pick up my daughter and bring her to work. Tonight I hope I'm going to slow flow yoga. My posture is horrible thanks to the DIEP so it's time to straighten out these aches and pains.

Mommyof2- so glad to know that you're "up and running" with Dunkin'.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 16, 2017 09:33AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Yep. Got the laundry done and hanging out

Aug 16, 2017 02:23PM octogirl wrote:

wish I had a dunkin' anywhere in this town, much less walking distance! Yay for you, Mommy...and yay for walks with your GS Brightness and for fast runs, Falconer!

did 45 minutes in the gym pool yesterday. Heading out to Boston with a stopover in SoCal tonight, so my exercise will be walking through airports! Will be seeing my son and fiancee and working on wedding planning (Fall of 2018) with her parents...and since hubby has never been to Boston we will have to do some tourist stuff too! See you all in a week if I don't check in before.

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 16, 2017 05:15PM - edited Aug 16, 2017 05:16PM by ruthbru

I met up with the Walking Women half way through their walk out by a local marina. Fun!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 16, 2017 06:44PM 2FUN wrote:

ruth, you look like you have the funnest friends!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Aug 16, 2017 08:41PM ruthbru wrote:

I do!!!! Happy

Aug 16, 2017 08:54PM Brightness456 wrote:

Your friends look like fun Ruth

Aug 16, 2017 09:08PM ruthbru wrote:

Since we are teachers that means we have to be fun......and a little crazy!

Aug 16, 2017 09:42PM - edited Aug 16, 2017 10:31PM by badger

hi all, great pix! HeidiHill I'm just a smidge jealous of your mountains. I miss Colorado but life is good here too.

80 mins gym tonight-30 treadmill, 45 weights, 5 mins Tabata intervals on stationary bike (OMG kick my butt!).

7,715.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 17, 2017 07:24AM Heidihill wrote:

Love the WWW t-shirts, Ruth. So cool

badger, the mountains are beautiful but I do miss the sea being so landlocked. I may have to abandon DD and DH to get my marine fix in the fall. I will be thinking of you guys in Daytona in any case. Tabatas are really good for kicking your own butt.

Have fun in Boston, octogirl. Glad you are feeling better, mommy2

Have been sitting on my butt... riding my bike (hehe). I need to give it a rest today so some tennis is on the agenda, as well as rowing and pedalo-ing, if my butt permits.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 17, 2017 09:33AM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Cycling shorts are worth every penny, Heidi, and the best ones come from Switzerland - Assos. I think the S5s are the best as the new S7s have too much compression for regular cycling. They make a major difference in butt soreness.

Relatively little exercise yesterday as went to see Madama Butterfly last night at Seattle Opera. However, as felt out of sorts and not my favorite opera, I bailed after the first act. I am glad I did as just so busy for the next several days and got to bed at 10, not midnight.

This weekend will be less exercise than normal as have the event in Oregon (NOT the eclipse), but I will be doing one last summer ride in 10 days. That should see me well out of summer. I am ready for the cool, crisp days of Autumn.

Catching up with everyone's exercise and mentally cheering you on. Want to send a reminder about next Monday's 5k "Made in the Shade" Virtual Walk/Run to celebrate the eclipse. I will be out doing a run and promise pictures. Hoping for at least a glimpse. - Claire 

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Aug 17, 2017 11:37AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Well no more issues with the Taxol. It's been taken off the treatment plan. So I am still on targeted therapy but will be able to have a normal life as it is much easier on me. The buses in my city got rerouted to an alternate central location to start/end their runs because of the funeral for a former mayor today, so after taking the bus from the cancer center to the alternate drop off, I had to go to the hospital for some blood work for a test on Moday with my GYN. So I walked all the way to the hospital and got that done. Ten walked from the hospital to the mall to pick up the bus for home. So with all that walking, I got my exercise I for today

Aug 17, 2017 04:35PM NatsFan wrote:

Brightness - yuk - moving. Take it easy and don't overdo with the packing. Mommy - know you were having a lot of trouble with the taxanes, so I'm glad that you won't have to deal with those s/e any longer. Wonder - wow - you are really good at art! It's all I can do to draw stick figures. Heidi - beautiful pix. Thank you so much for sharing! Ginger - hope you're feeling up and about. Smart and thoughtful to cancel your onc appt with a cold. Octo - Boston will certainly be different than your SoCal weather, Have fun! Ruth - you all look shipshape! Badger - I could see the Tabata times in your graph. It's amazing how 4 minutes can totally wear you out.

Did a lot of Garden N Sculpt at the cabin this weekend, but I was sure to get in some serious hammock time as well. Yesterday the Nats had a day game with the Angels, so I convinced DH to play hooky and off we went. Lots of walking - close to 15,000 steps. It was a lot of fun, but the Angels beat my Nats by one run. The game was not over for a minute when DH's phone rang - it was his Angel fan Mom, calling to trash talk (at least as much as an 89 year old proper lady can trash talk). She is a pip! We chuckled all the way home. I did a 45 minute yoga DVD today to stretch out all the muscles after yesterday's walk. Ahhhhh.

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 17, 2017 04:42PM Brightness456 wrote:

I decided to take it easy today. I ran some errands and went to lunch with family. I'll probably use my exercise bike a bit later, but then again maybe I'll just go ahead and put on pajamas and do nothing!

Aug 17, 2017 05:21PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Think I did well over a mile with all my walking.

Aug 17, 2017 05:52PM Falconer wrote:

Mommyof2- so glad to hear of your release from T and your ability to walk where you needed to go! Beautiful these past couple days here in the NE, don't you think?

Heidi- I loved the cycling photos you posted.

Wonderland- what a beautiful gift you have, resulting in a beautiful gift to give.

Today I ran 3.2 miles and it felt alright. Wondering if letrozole will do my joints better than exemestane.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 17, 2017 07:12PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Yes it is. Looks like rain tomorrow though and cooler temps.

Aug 17, 2017 09:46PM Ginger48 wrote:

Mommy- glad to hear they changed your plan so you can get some relief. I am impressed that you were able to deal with traffic changes and walk to your appointment.

Falconer-great job running. I loved the botanical gardens too. Those trees and the ones in Stanley park were huge and impressive. Did you know they were filming the movie Deadpool 2 while we were there? I read there was an accident and a stunt woman was killed. Very sad.

It sure was a beautiful day in CT today. I had a hair appointment and an outside lunch with a friend whose bday was today. Am starting to feel more like myself. Back to water fitness in the morning.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 18, 2017 01:19AM Peregrinelady wrote:

Biked 16 miles this evening. Don't know how you do your long rides, Claire. I am impressed and inspired

Nipples tomorrow!

Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/18/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 18, 2017 02:21AM - edited Aug 18, 2017 02:41AM by LilacBlue

Sun is trying to shine out early this Friday morning. HeidiHill, loved your photos and you look terrific. Living near the channel helps this water sign to cope. Falconer, good on the running and yoga & BB helped me to get shoulders back and the hip-to-hip stretched across, flexing and over time, and released some scar adhesions. Peregrine, hope all goes smooth for the revision and nips tomorrow. NatMary, hehe, trash talk, love it! Ruth, terrific photo and Ginger, are you back in the classroom next week?

Ok, well, results of exams came in yesterday and let's just say it's been a huge mothering challenge. My DS tanked terribly (didn't see this coming) on physics so he did not get his first choice uni yet did get his insurance choice. Now, we are dealing with known as clearing - sort of. It is a way for universities to fill any spaces they have left for the new academic year. You call schools and over the phone see if you can get a place - sight unseen; a real last minute scramble. DS has not given up his one offer yet sent his portfolio to two other unis to see if he gets an offer. Last night at BB, one woman said to me, it will never get easy to deal with our children's disappointments, even as adults. I think she is right. Was so hoping DS would nail it and the shock was starting to wear off, by yesterday evening. So life trudges on, and I need to get a lesson plan worked up for Pilates at noon. I signed up for a two day course in October, called, Move It or Lose It, a module training for group fitness aimed roughly at the 75+, including 'elderly and frail' as much of it chair based or assisted standing. This is a class to be taken into the community, such as a village hall. It dovetails with the qualification I'm getting soon for exercise and older populations. Hope the sun lasts and feels like autumn here. Have a terrific start to the weekend everyone.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Page 1082 of 1,219 (36,548 results)