We are 214,201 members in 82 forums discussing 152,679 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1083 of 1,234 (36,999 results)

Posts 32461 - 32490 (36,999 total)

Aug 18, 2017 05:16AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Felt every step of the walking from yesterday last night. But at least it was a good reason to be tired. Hubby was impressed that I did all that walking once I got off the bus coming from the cancer center.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Aug 18, 2017 08:01AM ruthbru wrote:

Lilac, so sorry for DS's disappointment. It's much harder to watch your kids go through hard things than to go through them yourself! But, maybe this will actually be a better fit for him and it will turn out to be a really good thing.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 18, 2017 08:04AM ruthbru wrote:

Oh yeah, exercise.....I am out of town for a few days and it's hard to type on my phone so I will check in when I get home. Lots of walking (good), and sitting (bad).

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 18, 2017 08:07AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Ran to Dunkin to get an iced coffee this morning. Planning a workout later.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Aug 18, 2017 08:23AM pat01 wrote:

Back from Scotland - what a wonderful trip! My steps were off the chart, as we did a lot of walking and hiking. Best and most challenging hike was to the top of the highest peak on Loch Ness. You start out hiking through slopes of blooming heather, eventually making your way up to a ridge that goes to the top, with gorgeous views of Loch Ness. Scotland scenery is amazing, even with the rain. If I can figure out how to post pictures from my phone I will. We also went to a couple of highland games, seeing the caber toss, menzies stone carry, lots of dancing and bagpipe competition. Was great to see our youngest son for a few days. Now home to lots of laundry and yard work, and company this weekend!

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy

Aug 18, 2017 02:09PM pat01 wrote:

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy

Aug 18, 2017 02:09PM pat01 wrote:

Aug 18, 2017 02:10PM pat01 wrote:

Aug 18, 2017 02:11PM pat01 wrote:

sorry for the one at a time pics but couldn't figure out how to send multiple photos. Just a peek at beautiful Scotland.

Aug 18, 2017 02:35PM 2FUN wrote:

beautiful photos. I was there on my honeymoon 23 yrs ago!

DD returns from a trip to Iceland and Scotland tonight.

I walked an hour this morning. Feels good to start the day with exercise.

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Aug 18, 2017 07:42PM NatsFan wrote:

Is that the Monty Python Holy Grail castle?????

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 18, 2017 08:36PM Falconer wrote:

Nats- "It's only a model." Lol
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 18, 2017 11:53PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Pat, I so remember those views from when I was in NW Scotland! Thank you for posting. I also learned that the way to "meet the locals" was to repair to the pub and have them explain the merits of their single malt vs. the one produced a few miles away.

We became fast friends at that point. - Claire

p.s. I must get back as one of the most stunning places on earth.

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Aug 19, 2017 02:13AM - edited Aug 19, 2017 02:24AM by Falconer

Claire, that certainly sounds like a memorable Scottish experience!

Pat, really lovely photos. And so good for you to be w your DS.

Lilac, I'm sorry to hear about the challenges that your DS is going through while making choices about the next steps in his life. It sounds like such a daunting process from what you've described all year. I agree with what everyone said, as mothers we live our children's emotions. It's hard to feel their disappointment. I hope things turn out well soon

Mommyof2, hope the Dunkin was good to you.

We are off to the beach again this afternoon. I'm taking my 9 AM yoga class before we go as it really helped my aching body last week. I seem to have plenty of scar tissue above and below the DIEP recon. Any advice out there for managing the pectoral weakness following surgery or ideas for dealing with limited range of motion? Thanks in advance!

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 19, 2017 06:17AM Peregrinelady wrote:

Falconer, over a year later, I am now going to a physical therapist and she is breaking up the scar tissue. I thought it was something I just had to live with. Nipple reconstruction today went well. No pain in chest area but headache and back pain are preventing me from sleeping. I have oxy but reluctant to take them.

Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 19, 2017 08:13AM - edited Aug 19, 2017 08:16AM by octogirl

Peregrinelady, I hope that headache goes away soon!

Beautiful Scotland pics: I've never been but it is definitely on my list.

Yesterday's exercise was walking around Cambridge and Harvard; seeing the sights while visiting DS and his fiancee,who will be getting married here next fall (a year from September). I walked about 1.5 miles all told, which is about all I can handle till the knee surgery. More walking today.

(Edited to correct mileage per my iphone recording, which says I walked more than I thought. Yay!)

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 19, 2017 08:36AM - edited Aug 19, 2017 08:39AM by LilacBlue

Falconer, I too had a PT help break up the hip-to-hip and that is where I started, along with BodyBalance/flow & yoga (took 9 months to do up dog again because of frozen shoulder issues and loss of upper body strength) - take it slow. Even though 5 years out, every now and then, I feel a slight internal tugging in the low abdominal scar (seated forward folds mainly) and assume unresolved scar adhesion - mention it at yearly BS appointment and get a shrug. Any frozen shoulder issues? Peregrinelady, good to read all went well and feel better quick. Nice photos Pat and good to see you back. Have fun Ruth and thanks.

BodyBalance this morning.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Aug 19, 2017 08:39AM badger wrote:

LB sorry to hear of your son's disappointment. He's a good kid in a strong family that's gone through a lot in the past few years. It'll turn out all right. As we all here know, waiting is hard.

Gorgeous Scotland pix Pat and LOL at your drinking story Claire.

Pretty morning and got out to deadhead the flowerbeds while still cool. Gym later.

7,715.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 19, 2017 08:42AM LilacBlue wrote:

Thanks Badger & Falconer and he made a decision today - Derby Uni. Onwards!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Aug 19, 2017 08:44AM pat01 wrote:

We saw so many castles! We did go to Urquhart castle, completely mobbed with tourists, we even lost my DH, DS and I climbed a tower, DH waited at the bottom. Took us forever to get up and down with all the people, when we got to the bottom DH was no where to be found. We started looking for him, but never found him, lost him for a good 1/2 hour. Turned out he was around the corner for a bit when we came out, then patiently waited for us at the same spot the entire time!

The Island castle is indeed one of the holy grail movie castles, Castle Stalker. The darker castle picture is Eilean Donan, such a gorgeous place we stopped there twice.

Aug 19, 2017 12:20PM Ginger48 wrote:

pat- beautiful pics. Looks like a great trip.

Falconer- I had a frozen shoulder and very tight pectoral muscles after my surgery. I found relief with PT using myofascial release and also through acupuncture and a couple of shots to the shoulder.

Lilac- it is so hard to watch our kids deal with disappointment. I am glad he has a plan to move forward with. I start back to school on the 28th.

Octo- be safe in Boston. I know there is a lot of protesting going on up there today.

Just went to walk-in center and I have an ear infection. I missed Zumba and water fitness due to it and Iam feeling very impatient. I only have a week of vacation left and I do not want to spend it feeling sick.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 19, 2017 02:26PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Lilac, my friend always says "whatever happens, happens for a reason". I'm not sure I believe her but I try too Hope your son will be happy and successful at his choice.

Gorgeous Scotland pictures, Pat. It's such a unique landscape that it is easily recognizable even if I haven't been there.

Yesterday I did a lunchtime walk of 22 minutes. Today I did my usual lake walk, 42 minutes, and then a dog and son walk as soon as I got home - 15 minutes. DS is recovering from the cough/cold thing too, Ginger. He could only do the short walk. Must be going around the pacific NW because he got his in Seattle.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 19, 2017 03:33PM Peregrinelady wrote:

Thanks for the well wishes. Headache improved after I took off scolpamine patch. Love the Scotland pics. I traveled there by train with my English mother when I was 16, many,many years ago. It was in November and I remember eider down comforters in the hotel in Edinburgh. So cozy! No exercise today. They told me to take it easy and not lift anything over 5 lbs. for two weeks. Tomorrow I can take a shower and see what they look like.
Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 19, 2017 05:32PM sweetandspecial wrote:

Scotland is sooooon my bucket list - love castles! Beautiful pix?

This week was body sculpt and treadmill on Tues and Thurs and 90 minutes push mowing today. Hot, humid and exhausting. DH is fighting sinus issues today so I filled in for the mowing - OMG 😵

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/5/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Aug 19, 2017 11:43PM Wonderland wrote:

Pat: Gorgeous pictures! What a wonderful trip.

LB: Glad you son has made a decision. Like you said: Onward!

Hi Everybody. I met a friend today for a 10 mile hike at Stone Mountain State Park in NC (not GA). Hot but lots of fun. Treating ourselves to ice cream afterwards.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 20, 2017 05:45AM Brightness456 wrote:

I love the pictures. Scotland is also on my bucket list.

I haven't exercised much the past few days. Between various family functions and the hot weather, there just hasn't been time. Plus, I still don't have the results of my surgery pathology and I'm going down hill fast emotionally. The waiting has me worrying about all the bad things I might have looming in front of me. Seriously, how did everyone make it through this? I'm tired of being strong and positive and resilient. I just want to huddle up in a ball and cry and scream at the world. I want someone to make me feel safe. I don't want to be alone and facing this.

I'm sorry for being negative again this morning. I have a big family function in a few hours and have to put on my fake happy face, so I guess the truth is exploding here where it's more acceptable.

All my whining aside, I hope you all have a wonderful day. You truly are a lifeline to those of us facingmthis uncertainty

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/14/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 20, 2017 05:57AM tessu wrote:

Putting Scotland on my Bucket list --- beautiful pics!

I've been having a hard time sticking to regular exercise. Good for a few days, then just can't push myself :( However --- Just finished cleaning out our refridgerator and feel completely woofed, so I am calling that "exercise" for today.

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Aug 20, 2017 07:48AM TwoHobbies wrote:

Hugs, Brightness. We have all been in your shoes and it will drive you crazy. I really found "healing meditations" on youtube extremely helpful at calming me down and giving me some peaceful hours, and then when the worry comes back, do it again.

Happy about my day yesterday. Usually when I do those long walks it makes me so hungry I eat more and gain more weight. But yesterday I was able to eat reasonably and this morning I am down .9 lb. Now let's see if a similar routine will continue to work.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 07:49AM badger wrote:

((Brightness)) waiting is the pits but you are not alone! We are with you, and we get it.

We did what you're doing... rolled up into a ball then came here to cry and scream at the world.

You don't need to be strong for us. Just take one step at a time and know we're "in your pocket."

7,715.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 11:56AM pat01 wrote:

Hugs Brightness - Badger put it very well, you are never alone on here, we get it.

Son and wife was supposed to visit this weekend, but all flights cancelled Friday evening, so they didn't come - was a bummer, I was looking forward to their visit. Last night DH and I walked to the local county fair (right near our neighborhood), so my exercise was a lot of walking at the fair and both ways. Finally back on US time, for several nights since we've been back I kept waking up at 3am and wondering what hotel I was in and where the bathroom was located!

Page 1083 of 1,234 (36,999 results)