We are 208,558 members in 82 forums discussing 150,082 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1084 of 1,198 (35,927 results)

Posts 32491 - 32520 (35,927 total)

Aug 20, 2017 01:48PM sweetandspecial wrote:

Brightness - I hadn't found this site yet when I was waiting for pre-surgery biopsy results on lumps 3,4 and 5. I had many, many curled up in a ball crying moments (and at my desk crying moments and on my hands and knees in the shower crying moments), then i called my doctor and got some Ativan for anxiety. Took it for two weeks until results came back (fibrous tissue). Had bilateral mastectomy with expander placement 3 days later for tumors 1 and 2 and haven't looked back. Never had much respect for anti-anxiety or anti-depressant meds until I was the one that needed them......😖 Just saying meds are a very acceptable short term solution for what you're experiencing right now. We get that even though the support here is awesome, all the virtual support in the world just might not cut it sometimes.

It sucks and my heart hurts for you. Much love and many hugs to you.

That being said - I think today is gonna be a fairly lazy day for me. Will probably finish up a little laundry and may do some baking to take to the office tomorrow. Also am currently reading book 8 in the 'Fever' series by Karen Marie Moning and can barely put it down. Love books like that!

Stay strong my awesome sculpted sisters!

xoxoxo

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Aug 20, 2017 02:16PM tessu wrote:

((((hugs)))) for Brightness. I hadn't read your full post when I wrote mine, rude of me. Wish I could help you feel better. Waiting for results is h*ll and needing to pretend to be "fine! :) " for others when you're hurting so much inside is beyond words awful. Wishing you strength, and at least some moments of peace --- and hoping your results are ready bright and early Monday morning. (((more hugs)))

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Aug 20, 2017 03:55PM - edited Aug 20, 2017 03:55PM by badger

((Brightness)) hope the family gathering was OK.

Gym yesterday (60 mins-30 TM & 30 weights) and today (30 TM) but their wireless was down this weekend so no HR monitor dangit. I find it very helpful and motivating. IDK what the problem is but this is the third time it's happened in seven weeks' membership so am annoyed. As luck would have it, I just received a member survey in my inbox and will be sure to mention it.

Tomorrow's forecast calls for clouds and thunderstorms likely to obscure Madison's view of the eclipse.

7,505 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 04:57PM - edited Aug 20, 2017 04:57PM by TwoHobbies

I don't think I am going to see any eclipse either. It's supposed to be peak at 1:18:31.

12:00 PM

MON

Mostly Cloudy
1:00 PM

MON

Mostly Cloudy
2:00 PM

MON

Mostly Cloudy

I should have mowed the lawn today, but my neighbor has been having a very large tree removed for two days and I was tired of listening to the continual sawing. How's that for an excuse. instead I decided to go for a bike ride. I have three lakes near me that I walk and ride around. Today I chose the middle distance one so I rode 50 minutes there, around, and back. Much more fun than mowing the lawn.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 04:59PM Brightness456 wrote:

Hi everyone. My day was okay. The family thing went well, but I couldn't hold my grandkids. That was sad. I'm heading out later to meet a friend for a walk and music in the park. That will get my mind off things a bit. Thanks for being so kind

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/9/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/13/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/13/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 20, 2017 05:57PM Falconer wrote:

Brightness, sorry you couldn't hold your grandkids. I understand how everything hurts, emotionally. I, too, found some meditations to help. There's a free app called Insight timer. Try it; it can help you breathe during this difficult time.

In Ocean City NJ with my DHs family this week. Ran for 30 minutes, but not sure how far. Since switching to letrozole I am having less foot pain. Or, maybe I'm just getting back in shape?

I know several of you mentioned frozen shoulder as a post mx condition. How did you know you had it? Were you diagnosed? My PT hasn't mentioned it.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 20, 2017 08:50PM Ginger48 wrote:

Falconer- I had no range of motion and terrible pain in my shoulder. Was diagnosed as frozen shoulder. It lasted almost a year. Terrible.

Brightness- we are here to support each other. Vent away. This is one place you can always let your real feelings loose. We have all been there. I hope your waiting is over soon. It is one of the most frustrating parts.

Antibiotic is kicking in. Hoping to get back to Zumba tomorrow afternoon.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 09:27PM ruthbru wrote:

I am back from my mini-vacation. Every year we meet up with a couple who are our great friends and go to 'Lakes Country' in Minnesota. We do some 'lake stuff' and take in a Cajun music festival. I didn't really feel up to traveling; but we had already made hotel reservations a year ago PLUS it was DH's birthday, so I tagged along; did what I could & spent more time than usual in the hotel room. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap when we got home today......so I was beat.

Pat, thank you for the LOVELY pictures of Scotland. I feel like I am getting to travel vicariously with all the awesome pictures you all share.

Ginger, hope you are feeling better. Summer colds are the worst!

Brightness, at the time I wondered how many people dropped dead with a heart attack from all the stress of waiting! You just have to do whatever gets you through. I think I already said that I resorted to sleeping pills. I had/have lots of meditation/peaceful music etc. etc. CDs which usually work very well for me, but at that time it was lucky that I didn't have a gun in the house because I would have blasted that CD player in a million pieces. ARGH!

Sending a wave to everyone else!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 20, 2017 09:29PM ruthbru wrote:

It's not Scotland, but here's a path in the woods I went walking on a couple times over the weekend.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 21, 2017 10:16AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Morning exercise was two loads of laundry, ran to drug store for some Mylanta over to Dunkin for an iced tea. Came home and started preparing lasagna for dinner.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Aug 21, 2017 11:13AM Brightness456 wrote:

Hi everyone. I walked this morning for about an hour, then ran some errands. I'm still anxious, but not as bad as yesterday. I want to thank everyone for the support.

It's so neat hearing about the many ways everyone incorporates fitness into their lives. Eventually I'm going to have to add weight/strengthtraining, but for now I'm glad I can get back out into nature to walk. It's so emotionally healing and I really need that lately.

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/9/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/13/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/13/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 21, 2017 11:16AM Peregrinelady wrote:

This seems to be the most "active" thread here. Pun intended. Sorry, Claire, don't think I can do 5k today. Nipple reconstruction is taking more out of me than I thought. Will walk Murphy later. Happy eclipse viewing!

Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 21, 2017 03:19PM coffeelatte wrote:

Claire, I got out at 8:30 am and walked 3.4 miles. I wanted to make sure to get the 5K in before it got too humid and hot. It felt great. Happy eclipse day everyone!

Dx 7/2/2013, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 8/13/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Aug 21, 2017 06:17PM ruthbru wrote:

I walked this morning & then again later in the day. Since I'm at 10,000 steps, I'd say 'mission accomplished' on the 5K. We just had a partial eclipse but it was still pretty neat!

Aug 21, 2017 07:08PM ruthbru wrote:

Don't be overly impressed.......yesterday I crashed and had a total of 3,000 steps! Shocked

Aug 21, 2017 09:43PM ruthbru wrote:

A beautiful shot off of Oregon by NASA:

Aug 21, 2017 09:55PM badger wrote:

It was cloudy today but that didn't stop everyone in the building from going outdoors. Couldn't see much but it was fun and the pix on social media were fantastic. 85 mins gym tonight-45 treadmill (found my Walkman-yay! and a fave mix tape: Road Trip '95 LOL), 25 weights, 15 yoga cool-down. Excited to report I can plank again!

7,505 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 21, 2017 09:56PM Wonderland wrote:

Wow Ruth!

We had bright skies this morning and this evening but unfortunately mostly cloudy during the eclipse. My area observed 95% of totality and I was all prepared with my shoe box viewer. Luckily the sun did come out of the clouds a few times and I was able to see it. My 2 cats were confused and informed me quite loudly that it was time for supper when their true supper time was hours away.

Claire: I walked/ran early this evening after the eclipse.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 21, 2017 10:46PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

A whirlwind weekend to Portland and back where I worked an amazing fundraising event for the nonprofit. I missed the traffic with an early Saturday AM trip down, and then taking a less traveled route through the mountains on the way back. I don't care if it took longer, as it was worth it to avoid the traffic. I will take mountain views over bumper-to-bumper any day!

I just got in from my 5k run as something went wrong with payments processing (error on some receipts) so major pandemonium this morning. That said, I did get to see the eclipse. Amazing to have the sky go dark and feel the temperature drop. I did over 5 miles of movement today, so calling it good. This includes the run and blackberry feed along the route.

Here are the eclipse views I got from the golf course across the street. I can't believe that some people opted to watch on the telly! - Claire

And finally, one my 20-something admirer took.

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Aug 22, 2017 12:34PM LilacBlue wrote:

Total Eclipse of America's Sweet Tooth Expected as Hostess Brands Names Golden CupCakes the Official Snack Cake of the 2017 Solar Eclipse (Graphic: Business Wire)

Hostess has declared Golden CupCakes the official snack cake of the eclipse, LOL.. empty carbs and sugar made the viewing better! Nice to read many of you had awesome viewing and that 5k eclipse challenge Claire offered happened - terrific.

Pilates mid-day.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Aug 22, 2017 12:41PM Vargadoll wrote:

The solar eclipse was amazing here in NC. We watched from our pool with our NASA eclipse glasses. It was just amazing! It got extremely cool and all the birds were very noisy then total silence. All you could hear were the crickets. I did not take any pictures because we were in the pool. I'm such a fumble fingers I was afraid I would drop my phone! I had a total of 9.46 miles yesterday!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Proverbs 31:25 Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/13/2017 Breast Hormonal Therapy Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Aug 22, 2017 02:20PM TrmTab wrote:

Just back from my yoga class. School started yesterday, so the eclipse was a fun back to school bonus. Looked up my weight progress and start this school year 35 lbs less than last school year...yeah!!!

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/11/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/5/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Aug 22, 2017 05:18PM - edited Aug 22, 2017 05:21PM by Scottiemom11

You know you've been out of pocket when the execise board opens to posts made a month ago. . .work and dd's unexpected surgery for a broken nose have done me in. I'm back at the gym on the dreadmill. Dd is on the one next to me grousing about having to walk instead of run b/c her surgeon told her no heavy exercise for another two weeks. BTDT several times dd.

Will try to keep up again going forward. On the bright or not so bright side, we had an awesome day solar eclipsing yesterday at the local observatory. Nature is amazing.

Scottie

Diagnosed at age 48. Oncotype DX 11. BRCA Neg. Additional Therapy: Lupron & Gabapentin 2/5/15. . .Truncal Lymphedema 9/2/16. . .Capsular Contracture 2/10/17. . .Writer, photographer, mother of two autistic children. Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Dx 10/10/2014, ILC, Right, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 12/3/2014, LCIS, Both breasts, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/3/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 7/27/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/20/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Aug 22, 2017 06:57PM hbcheryl wrote:

Been absent so long so much catch up, firstly welcome to all the newbies - my ipad has been on the fritz and every time I think I've got everything cleared out and fixed something new happens probably time for a new one but I've spent so much money on air fares and hotels my well has run dry, and posting from my phone is near on impossible as those keys are small ad my fingers are fat.

Such beautiful photos everyone has posted and Wonderland you truly are a gifted artist.

I have been keeping up with the exercise and tomorrow I head off to Philadelphia for Les Mills Live this weekend and I do plan on running the Rocky steps but I also plan on eating Philly Cheesesteaks which will negate anything I do.

We didn't see too much of the eclipse but got to see a portion of it, my friend in Tennessee got some gorgeous pictures and those NASA shots were spectacular.

Rushing out of work to go get a pedicure and do all that last minute stuff before a trip and of course pack as I have to leave for the airport at 5am in the morning - I have a 1 hour layover in Las Vegas so I'll probably have some fun on the Wheel of Fortune machines at the airport.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 22, 2017 08:35PM ruthbru wrote:

Love the pictures, Claire (and Lilac....that's my kind of eclipse Winking).

Welcome, TrmTab. Congratulations on the weight loss! Are you a teacher? (I am a semi-retired one......'semi-retired' because I still sub some).

Youch, Scottie, on DD's broken nose!

Have fun, Cheryl. You know the rule, if you win big you have to send for us!

I walked 50 minutes this morning (the longest stretch yet since surgery) and did another shorter walk this afternoon. The weather was sunny, breezy and refreshingly cool!

Aug 22, 2017 08:39PM Brutersmom wrote:

I am new to this group. I recently had to stop Aromatase inhibitors due to some serious side effects. I was two exhausted to do anything while I was on the drug. Since stopping I have been working with a nutritionist and I joined a gym. I have been working out 3x's a week until this week when I twisted my back when I stumbled trying on bathing suits. DUH. The nutritionist is not what I expected. She is with the cancer center. She has offer great suggestions and even given me so questions to ask the trainer. I meet with the trainer monthly. The exciting news today is that I have lost 4 lbs in the last 30 days, 1/2 inch from my waist, and my calf , thigh and arm are down 1/4 inch. I am hoping to try some gentle exercise tomorrow and Friday. I am leaving for the beach on Saturday for a week. Hopefully lots of swimming and walking. Little concerned about gaining weight because I will be eating out a lot but I am hoping that the activity will balance everything out.

Diagnosed at 62, No lump, found on a routine mammogram Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Surgery 8/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/28/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/24/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 22, 2017 08:42PM ruthbru wrote:

Welcome, Brutersmom!

Aug 23, 2017 06:24AM badger wrote:

hi all and welcome TrmTab & Brutersmom! Good to see you Cheryl & Scottie. :-)

LB, LOL at the cupcake eclipse. Surprised it wasn't a moon pie. ;-)

Nice walk after supper last night; gym tonight.

Aug 23, 2017 09:13AM TrmTab wrote:

Yes, I am a teacher...everyone's favorite subject Math! specifically...calculus.

Taking a Yin Yoga class tonight.

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/11/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/5/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Aug 23, 2017 12:58PM ruthbru wrote:

Yikes, you would NOT want me to sub for you, Trm!!!!

Page 1084 of 1,198 (35,927 results)