We are 197,867 members in 81 forums discussing 145,397 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1084 of 1,123 (33,669 results)

Posts 32491 - 32520 (33,669 total)

Aug 13, 2017 01:53PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Hoping that I will be better tomorrow. Can barely move without pain.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Aug 13, 2017 02:20PM 2FUN wrote:

soon to be tired, wow, that is great exercise while still doing rads.

Mommy2, sorry your legs are still bugging you. Wish I had some advise for you.

CoffeeLatte, I have very high arches and need enough cushion under my forefoot/ball of foot, but still enough structure/support so I dont fell like I am walking on a squishy marshmallow. I have gotten New Balance 840. I have a wide forefoot, so these are good without needing a wide width shoe. HTH

I got 65 min of walking in today. Can't believe how tired I am . I hope I get the all clear from PS this week to start a bit of rigerous exercise. I would love to be able to push the lawn mower.

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Aug 13, 2017 04:05PM badger wrote:

Walked 30 mins in the morning sun and glad I did. It clouded up and been overcast all day. Wouldn't mind some rain, though!

7,077.0 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 13, 2017 08:08PM Falconer wrote:

Mommyof2, sending healing prayers.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Aug 13, 2017 08:17PM ruthbru wrote:

Hi ladies, we just are in the partial eclipse zone, so maybe I'll do a partial 5K.....at any rate, I will be walking that day. Smile

Wasp sting update: Yesterday I stopped & asked a pharmacist for advice. She told me to start taking Benedryl & use a topical spray. Which I did along with ice and elevation. Today it looks somewhat better (but still pretty swollen). Another friend told me I soak my foot in Epsom salts; I don't know it that helps or not but I'm trying it along with the Benedryl because it couldn't hurt. I stayed off my feet today hoping that might help. Which it better, because one day of just sitting around is about all I can take!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 13, 2017 08:47PM sweetandspecial wrote:

I keep up with posts through email notifications but have once again been AWOL from the site for a while 🙄

Welcome newbies to the best thread ever! Major support, humor, friendship, and just plain fun! While I haven't posted for a couple of weeks again I have been faithfully doing my Tuesday Thursday body sculpt and treadmill workout. Golfed 18 holes one day last week. Have done major housework on Saturdays lately which is an all day moderate workout. Everything from the usual vacuuming dusting toilet cleaning and laundry to cleaning kitchen cupboards hanging pictures rearranging furniture and so on. Monday was my birthday and also the 4th anniversary of my exchange to implants😁 Rapidly approaching the 5-year mark on November 5 (which happens to be the start of our Daytona meetup). As a friend of mine used to say ' what a co-inky dink!' that we'll be together to have a toast!

Love to all - hang in there mommy (((((hugs))))) to you, so so very sorry you're in pain.

Almost forgot to report 60 minute brisk walk today (which is why I'm writing this while having a hot bath tub soak). Amazing how it loosens up the screaming tight muscles. I've been groaning every time I get up and move after being still this afternoon/evening.

Sleep well my sculpted sisters!

xoxoxoxo

lisa jayne Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/4/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Aug 13, 2017 10:43PM Wonderland wrote:

Hello Everyone! I haven't been on for 8 days and so much has happened here. Welcome to all the new ladies. So glad you are with us! This is just a quick note. Ruth: I feel your pain with the wasp stings. Hope you get some needed relief soon. Faloner: Beautiful family! M0mmy: Don't know if your leg pain is from Taxol but when I was on it I had to take Glucosamine with Chondroitin for pain - the pain was terrific and this helped some.

Last week I shopped at our new butcher shop in town. They had a big wooded hoop cheese box out as decoration. I have painted several of these in the past and found them fun to paint. So yesterday when I shopped there again I asked the owner if I could take the box and paint it for him. Below is a picture of the top of box. Hope he likes it.

Walked/ran this afternoon. So hot and humid but glad I did it.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 14, 2017 06:00AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Seems as if the Icy Hot is helping a bit. Hubby has been pitching in and doing stuff while I feel like crud. He put Icy Hot on my legs last night and this morning he brought his laundry down for me. My orders for the day are to do his laundry only and to rest.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Aug 14, 2017 06:13AM Brightness456 wrote:

Wonderland, that's so pretty!

Good morning all. I'm still not sleeping well and I suspect it's because of nerves, but also not getting enough exercise. I walked a bit yesterday and used my exercise bike, since I could move my legs, but keep my arms relatively stationary, but I was really tired and just blah yesterday so I didn't do much else. Maybe I'll feel up to a longer walk this morning. For now I'm sipping coffee and had some fruit. The waiting for the pathology report is starting to bear down on me....

I do enjoy hearing of others adventures out into nature for good health, so I'll hang on to that for today

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/14/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 14, 2017 07:11AM 2FUN wrote:

brightness. Pathology reports will do that. Be easy with yourself! Hugs!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Aug 14, 2017 08:54AM badger wrote:

Brightness, agree, waiting is the pits. Hang in there!

Wonderland, very pretty and so appropriate for a cheese box.

M0mmy, hope the Icy Hot helps; Ruth, same for the Benedryl.

Took today off as a mental health day. :-) It's raining (yay) so no a.m. walk but will hit the gym in a bit.

Happy belated B-Day, Lisa!

7,077.0 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 12:17PM KB870 wrote:

Brightness I didn't sleep well after my surgery because every time I moved there was a "reminder" although no actual pain.

Swam laps this am and an 8km row afterwards. They are closing the pool for a month so Friday is the last swim day.- that really sucks!

Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Aug 14, 2017 02:50PM badger wrote:

75 mins gym - 15 yoga stretch, 15 treadmill warm-up, 30 weights, 15 treadmill cool-down.

Aug 14, 2017 03:06PM 2FUN wrote:

you are all beasts at the gym/pool!

I hiked thru the woods for an hour and a half this morning. We almost got lost, but we had just gone the wrong way of a familiar loop! We then sat down and talked for 2 more hours! My legs aren't sore, but my jaw is. LOL

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Aug 14, 2017 03:32PM badger wrote:

Thx 2FUN, I'm not really athletic but if it's a choice between meds or the gym, put me in Coach!

I have mild bone loss after two years of anastrozole, based on DEXA scans. I walk but apparently that isn't enough. My onc recommended a yearly shot (Reclast) or daily pill (Fosamax) but I declined. Those meds, bisphosphonates, don't build new bone, they keep old bone from breaking down and being reabsorbed. "Prescribed" myself more weight-bearing exercise thus a gym membership. Motivation that works for me.

Aug 14, 2017 04:40PM LilacBlue wrote:

Brightness, regardless of the wait, I think you are doing really good for only a week out of surgery. Wonderland, love it! KB870 - that does suck any other pool near by? Four of us Pink Pilates women showed up to walk the lake this morning - it was sunny and very warm. BodyBalance at 6:40pm left me tired so reading till bed.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Aug 14, 2017 04:48PM KB870 wrote:

Lilac - We are rural and the only other pool is about an hour away so not really doable, patience is a virtue however (although not generally one of mine LOL!)

Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Aug 14, 2017 05:03PM Heidihill wrote:

badger, ThumbsUp on weight training. 2FUN, you were forest bathing, as the Japanese would say. Wonderland, love the cheese box. Brightness, keeping fingers crossed.

A shorter bike ride today than yesterday, some of it in the forest. All the vibration from riding on gravel should be good for my bones.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 14, 2017 05:07PM Heidihill wrote:

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 14, 2017 05:18PM Heidihill wrote:

Photos from last week

Bottom of glacier wrapped up in the summer.

Needing my sugar boost

Panixer dam

Walking my bike

Aug 14, 2017 05:23PM Brightness456 wrote:

Heidihill, your picture looks so much like my walking spot that I actually did a double take!

I just can't stand doing weights/gym equipment, but I've started to accept that I'm going to have to make it a part of my routine anyway. I could walk or hike every day (other than extreme weather), and I like yoga and Pilates, but I don't like the typical gym workout. Darn.

I walked almost an hour this morning, then after a shower I took a nice nap, so all in all it was a good day

Invasive ductal carcinoma Dx 6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 8/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 9/14/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/14/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Aug 14, 2017 05:37PM coffeelatte wrote:

Heidihill those are beautiful photos and you are in amazing shape. You look extremely fit and beautiful. I am very inspired by your photos. Thank you.

Dx 7/2/2013, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 8/13/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Aug 14, 2017 06:23PM ruthbru wrote:

Oh my gosh, Heidi, SPECTACULAR pictures!!!!!!!!

Wonderland, I am sure the owner will love your additions his box. Very fun!

Hope you are feeling a little better, Mommy.

Brightness, all the waiting/waiting/waiting is torture. I had to ask for a prescription sleeping pill or I would have gone insane!

Happy Birthday, Lisa! We will definitely do a toast (or two). If you feel the urge to do some more cleaning, feel free to drop by my house!

I love the idea of 'forest bathing'......nice!

My foot is finally 'de-swelling'. I was able to put it back in a tennis shoe and go for two nice walks. Not that I'd recommend getting stung by bees as a distraction, but it has certainly gotten my mind off of hysterectomy stuff! ShockedLoopyShocked

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 08:33PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Wow, Heidi, what beautiful places to exercise in. Just gorgeous. Forest Bathing, I'm in!

Mommyof2, some people used to say Claritin helped with that pain- you might give it a try. Hope you feel better over the next couple of days.

Happy Birthday, Sweet!

Brightness, hoping for good news for you on your pathology.

Sunday I went to the lake and walked around the lake, 50 minutes, with two bouts of my one-minute bone building runs. It was only 75 degrees and every soul in the county seemed to be there enjoying the fine weather. Today I'm resting and trying to fight my kicked up appetite all day.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 09:06PM Ginger48 wrote:

I am back after being away for 3 weeks. Skimmed as much as I could. Welcome to newbies. This is a great thread to follow.

mommy-sorry to hear of your reoccurrence. Hoping your pain is going away.

Ruth- first surgery and then bees? You need a break!

Falconer- nice pictures! We had a great trip to Vancouver. We did some service work with the homeless, people with mental health issues and addiction. It was eye opening, exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Our kids (16 high schoolers) really stepped up and worked incredibly hard. We also went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, the Botanical Gardens and saw the Fireworks competition. We stayed at a hostel in West End. We were in Stanley Park on the 9th following a visit to the aquarium. We flew home that night. Missed you by a day. The only disappointment was that the smoke from the wildfires prevented us from seeing the mountains.

We walked around 19,000 steps each day and I was down about 5 pounds when I got home.

Caught a terrible cold/cough upon returning home and I am not getting much exercise. Cancelled my oncology checkup because I do not want to share these germs with anyone who has a compromised immune system.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2017 11:34PM octogirl wrote:

Hope that cough gets better soon, Ginger!

I am back from visiting my daughter, SIL and grandkids. The day at the pool was fantastic! We had a cabana for shade, my daughter made a picnic lunch, and we basically spent the entire day. DGD (9) spent most of her day on the water slides....I enjoyed sitting in the water and watching her...DGS was too small and young for the slides (at 4) but he enjoyed the water and playing in the sand...the pool is HUGE (about a city block wide and perhaps two or three blocks long) with an artificial 'beach'. It was big enough that I could swim laps quite a bit even (40 minutes or so) though lots of folks were enjoying the hot day in and by the water.

I leave Wednesday for my next trip, to Boston to see my son and his fiancee: time to start planning a wedding! :-) So, today, my exercise was running errands, and I did do a bit of clothes shopping. Back in the (local) pool tomorrow....

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 15, 2017 06:05AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Leg pains are pretty much gone and feeling a little better. Got that stupid tingling in my fingertips still.

Aug 15, 2017 11:50AM KB870 wrote:

Completed week 2 of the erg challenge an started week 3 with an 8K row.

Pictures are fantastic too. T

Take care of those stings Ruth

Aug 15, 2017 12:36PM Brightness456 wrote:

It's raining in a dreary way here today, but I did manage to get in a short walk this morning. I'm in the process of building a new house and getting ready to move, so I'll be packing today. I've got family to move the containers, but I can fill them as able. Nothing like packing up a big house to realize how much stuff you have, yet don't really need.

I hope everyone has a lovely day

Aug 15, 2017 02:37PM Peregrinelady wrote:

Walked Murphy to park and back. 30 min. brisk walk, then running errands. Hope to bike ride this evening. Weather here has turned beautiful, 70's and blue sky after a month in the 90' with no rain and thick smoke. Feels like Fall!

Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1084 of 1,123 (33,669 results)