We are 207,396 members in 81 forums discussing 149,516 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1095 of 1,191 (35,703 results)

Posts 32821 - 32850 (35,703 total)

Sep 21, 2017 07:33PM Brutersmom wrote:

Went to the gym today. Amazed I got there because my schedule kept changing. I did 30 minutes weights really beginning to increase the # of pounds and 15 on the elliptical. Trying to pick up the pace there. I use the lose it app on my phone to record what I eat. It keeps me focused. I put on a skirt today that always felt a little tight and it seemed a little loose today. Either the elastic is giving out or the trainer is correct and my waist line is shrinking. According to the tape measure my waist line is shrinking.

Happy

Everyone keep up the good work.

Diagnosed at 62, No lump, found on a routine mammogram Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Surgery 8/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/28/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/24/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 21, 2017 08:23PM ruthbru wrote:

I went to POUND for the first time since my surgery. Fun!!!!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 21, 2017 10:03PM - edited Sep 21, 2017 10:04PM by badger

Happy anniversary, Mary! Give Mark a hug from your "Sculpted Sisters."

70 mins @gym tonight - all treadmill ==> 470 cal burned. TY Miami Sound Machine!

Really feeling last night's stability ball elbow circles in my abs tonight, in a good way. (Kneel in front of a stability ball with your forearms and elbows on the ball, hands clasped. Roll the ball forward until your legs are extended and your body is in plank position, toes tucked. Brace your abs and make small circles to the right with your forearms, as if stirring a pot.)

Supper with mom 2moro so that's my rest day for the week. Keep up the good work, everyone!

7,466.2 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 21, 2017 11:41PM 2FUN wrote:

I smartly took a break today. Was really tired from yoga last night and put on 10K steps at school. Was 90 degrees in our classroom. I'm wiped ouy. Will try again tomorrow.

Badger, I can't picture the exercise. But it sounds like a killer! Great job!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Sep 21, 2017 11:45PM Wonderland wrote:

Everyone is doing so well! Love reading all the posts.

Walked/ran this afternoon. Hot Hot Hot. Waiting for cooler weather.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 22, 2017 09:29AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Ran to the post office to send out a couple things. Now on to my laundry

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Sep 22, 2017 06:15PM ruthbru wrote:

Subbed in my favorite grade and subject (7th grade American History), stayed around to watch the Homecoming parade, zoomed over and walked the puppies & am now off to a football game. The joys of small town life! Happy

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 22, 2017 07:15PM Falconer wrote:

I woke early this morning and did 30 minutes of yoga, then came home this afternoon and napped. 2Fun, I'm with you. The classroom heat is a knockout!

Wonderland- good for you to get out for a run in this weather.

Brutersmom- congrats on the shrinking waistline!

Mommyof2- glad you got a run to the PO.

Badger- you always amaze me. I haven't been to a gym in twenty+ years. I'd be laughed out of the locker room as I would be looking for the stair stepper.

Ruth, do you find that you sub often on Fridays?

Yoga class for me in the morning. Happy weekend everyone

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 22, 2017 08:46PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Between going to the post office and my laundry I did over 3000 steps today,

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Sep 22, 2017 09:49PM badger wrote:

LOL Falconer, they can laugh all they want. I'm at a point in my life where I care not!

I did the exercise on my knees as I'm not strong enough (YET!) to do it while in plank.

7,466.2 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 22, 2017 11:00PM ruthbru wrote:

Yes, Falconer, for some reason Fridays and Mondays are peak sub days Winking.

I am trying to convince myself into doing a pilates DVD while watching the 10pm news......

Sep 22, 2017 11:32PM Peregrinelady wrote:

In Oregon, dropping older DD off at college. Walked on beach for an hour. Felt like a good workout on a beautiful, sunny day. Also walked around campus quite a bit. I think the exercise ball would be nice to do at home. When I did it at physical therapy, I felt muscles that I have never used in my entire 55 years. Ruth, I had to have a sub for the last 3 days. A good sub is a treasure. Fortunately, my sub was a former paraprofessional who knows the kids well.
Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 22, 2017 11:55PM - edited Sep 22, 2017 11:56PM by ruthbru

That is a fun reason to need a sub, Peregrine!

I did the pilates DVD I was contemplating, so can now virtuously watch the monologue of Stephen Colbert from the recliner. Loopy

Sep 23, 2017 12:55AM Wonderland wrote:

I walked around our county's agricultural fair tonight with dh, dd, and her friend. I'm scared of heights but talked myself to get on the ferris wheel with them at the same time the fireworks were going off. Thank goodness I had the bear to cling to. The fireworks were so close and beautiful!

I stepped out of my comfort zone and entered a flower design in the Small Standard Flower Show at the fair. The judges are certified by the State. It's the real deal! This year's theme was "At the Movies." I entered the Fright Night design that required a mass design with dried flowers and it had to be scary. Mind you, I had no idea what a mass design was and had to look it up! I just had fun with it and received an Honorary Mention - there were only 5 entries in Fright Night so essentially I received a Participation Ribbon Loopy

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 23, 2017 07:25AM Heidihill wrote:

So cool, Wonderland. Badger, good core workout. Falconer, they still have the stairs steppers at my gym. Some things are just classics. Brutersmom, waist-shrinking is the holy grail. Congrats

Did over 20,000 steps dancing all night at my 60th birthday bash. 

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/24/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 23, 2017 07:45AM badger wrote:

Wonderland, good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone - twice! Congrats on the ribbon (love the eyeballs) and LOL on the bear. Did you win it at the fair?

RE: gym, everyone has been super nice. To my knowledge, no one has laughed at me. At least not to my face. ;-)

I was self-conscious at first because I huff & puff, sweat like a pig, and get red in the face, but then I saw that happens to the fit people too. I see the younger girls working out and hope I'm providing an example of fitness at any age. If I can do it, so can they.

Happy Birthday HeidiHill!

Sep 23, 2017 09:23AM ruthbru wrote:

Happy Birthday, Heidi!!!!!! HeartHeartHeart

Great picture, Wonderland! And congratulations on participating! If you don't participate, you can't get a ribbon (which could be a good metaphor for trying just about anything in life).

Brrrrr.......cold & windy here. I am soon off to the fitness center for a Zumba class followed by Yoga.

Sep 23, 2017 10:32AM - edited Sep 23, 2017 03:22PM by cdv4251992

Monday: 40 min elliptical; Tues: 31 min run; 15 min warm up/cool down walk; Wed: off; Thurs: 31 min run, 15 min warm up/cool down; Fri: 20 min elliptical, 25 min recumbent bike. Today run. Have good weekend everyone.

Dx 9/9/2003, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 9/24/2003 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 9/24/2003 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/15/2003 AC + T (Taxotere) Radiation Therapy 4/14/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 12/7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER-/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 3/2/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 5/4/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/4/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 10/13/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 23, 2017 10:38AM - edited Sep 23, 2017 10:40AM by LilacBlue

HeidiHill, Happy Birthday *&lt:-P party and you are awesome! Wonderland you are so clever - how cool - love your arrangement. Badger, that is great this is a good one for abs:: Mary, Happy 35th Anniversary - wow! Falconer, good on the yoga. Brutersmom, great to see results - good for you. Cheryl, sent you a PM! I've been busy with course work, teaching and perfecting BB#78 for launch. Good to read everyone staying active. Have a terrific weekend everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Sep 23, 2017 12:30PM octogirl wrote:

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! and yay for shrinking waistlines Brutersmom!

I am in LA visiting my grandkids so my exercise yesterday was chasing after them :-)

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 23, 2017 01:03PM badger wrote:

This song always gets and keeps me going. In my mind, it's "our" theme song:

I think it's true that we've all been through
Some nasty weather
Let's understand that we're here
To handle things together
You gotta keep looking onto tomorrow
There's so much in life
That's meant for you

Get on your feet
Get up and make it happen
Get on your feet
Stand up and take some action
Get on your feet
Don't stop before it's over
Get on your feet...

Sep 23, 2017 02:12PM Falconer wrote:

Wonderland, sweet pics- I love the fair.

Heidi hill- Happy happy happy birthday! Glad to hear about the 🕺🏼🕺🏼💃🏽💃🏽-ing!

Ruth, your weather posts help me know what's on the way, and, as you know, the humidity is crushing.

Went to yoga this morning and then up to school to chaperone for homecoming. My shoulder aches- perhaps from yoga class? But the humidity does seem to make everything worse. I should receive results from the bone scan Monday. I see the MO for my monthly Lupron shot. I'm pretty anxious, tbh, and even though I'm trying not to go down the morbid path, well, you know.

Glad to see you're all keeping well with exercise!
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 23, 2017 02:43PM 2FUN wrote:

I went to a ymca farther from home for aqua exercise class. Was very good to be able to move thru a greater range than I can on land. My implant felt like it was floating away from my body, definitely a different density than my original!

Thanks for the ball exercise clip. I do something like that, but just move the ball from front to back. It looks like a good variation.

I'm officially 10 weeks post exchange and I can only maintain weight bearing thru my extended arms for a short amount of time. ..uncomfortable!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Sep 23, 2017 03:15PM - edited Sep 23, 2017 03:15PM by Vargadoll

I have been following this thread for months. I creep along with you very active ladies. I just can't seem to get my act together. I run around like crazy and get 25,000+ steps. Prior to surgery I was attending 3 or more zumba classes a week and walking 5 miles everyday. I want to get back there. I just keep reading and following along and think you ladies are amazing! It had just been hard to get back to my routine. I need more sleep and I have my second sinus infection since I finished radiation. Again, not my normal. 2 sinus infections in less than 4 months. Makes me worry about flu season!!! This to shall pass I just needed to whine to a few people who will understand.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" Proverbs 31:25 Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/13/2017 Breast Hormonal Therapy Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Sep 23, 2017 05:58PM Brutersmom wrote:

KB870 Hope you feel better soon. I went with a friend to a fiber arts festival. Then the gym 30+ minutes of work out. 10 minutes on the lateral elliptical. That one gets me every time. The to the grocery store and now to work on some costumes for a community show.

Vargadoll. I developed pneumonia after radiation. The surgery and radiation wear you do and reduce your resistance. It will get better.

Diagnosed at 62, No lump, found on a routine mammogram Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Surgery 8/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/28/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/24/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 23, 2017 06:35PM badger wrote:

hi VargaDoll, we do understand. Did you know that 25,000 steps is nearly ten miles? I'd say that's GREAT!

Sorry about sinus infection, hope you feel better soon. Same to you KB870 ugh D&V. Sometimes rest is best.

2FUN it was months before I could reach items on the top shelf of the grocery store much less bear weight on my arms. Glad you found an aqua exercise class.

IMHO this is the best thread on BCO. We welcome all, regardless of age, stage, or level of fitness. I started out very slooooowly and was in awe of the more active people. It took me quite a while to get to where I am now and I still have a long way to go. Nevertheless, I persist.

Sep 23, 2017 07:44PM - edited Sep 23, 2017 08:14PM by ruthbru

Falconer, I am aching all over and I KNOW it's from yoga! And I haven't even gone back to my challenging class yet.....I've just been doing the shorter, gentler ones.....

2FUN, ten weeks isn't very long; time, patience, and work.......

Vargadoll, Welcome!! 25, 000 steps is pretty amazing for anyone! You will get back to your normal, but also give yourself to slow down a little and let your body catch up. Make sure that you get a flu shot this fall (after clearing it with your doctor if this is your first one post-treatment).

KB, hope you are feeling better!

We're babysitting two dogs this evening and just got back from a doggie walk.

Sep 23, 2017 07:49PM - edited Sep 23, 2017 08:06PM by ruthbru

This is awesome......

Sep 23, 2017 10:16PM badger wrote:

Found this on another thread, it's AMAZING! Old time movie stars dance to Uptown Funk.

What a pick-me-up. Don't believe me, just watch. (With the sound way up!)

Sep 23, 2017 10:25PM ruthbru wrote:

That was SO fun, Badger! Man, those people could dance! It makes me want to watch a bunch of old musicals!

Page 1095 of 1,191 (35,703 results)