We are 197,866 members in 81 forums discussing 145,397 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1119 of 1,123 (33,669 results)

Posts 33541 - 33570 (33,669 total)

Dec 5, 2017 02:35PM TrmTab wrote:

well, got some bonus exercise today.  At lunch break at my conference went for a ride on the St Charles Streetcar...and had timed it to return in time for my first afternoon session.  Well 2 miles out from the hotel, the streetcar stopped and said, last stop, there was a house fire further along the route and they couldn't proceed. All good thoughts to that family in harms way, but Surprise!, had to hoof it back to the hotel.

Trying to stay ahead of New Orleans treats either by intention or accident! Happy Tuesday. TT

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Dec 5, 2017 04:36PM ruthbru wrote:

Happy Birthday, Finland!

Octo, sounds like you are making an excellent recovery!

TT, have a Bananas Foster for me!

Well, the snow stopped, the wind went down, and the sun came out......so everyone shoveled out and went on with life. I did a bunch of errands and took the puppies for a snow walk, which they thoroughly enjoyed! I am off to POUND in a few minutes.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 6, 2017 08:16AM pat01 wrote:

Octo - sounds like recovery is going well!

trm - New Orleans is a fun town - my son lived there for 5 years, so we visited a lot - plus he had the local knowledge - if you haven't already, try frenchman street some evening for some good music. Another fun place is bacchanal, an outside wine and cheese bar with music - not walking distance from the quarter, but definitely worth the trip.

Classical stretch this morning, then on to delivering meals on wheels at lunchtime.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 6, 2017 11:08AM Heidihill wrote:

Octo, yay on PT progress.

tessu, Happy Finnish Independence Day! I will celebrate belatedly by going to the sauna tomorrow.

Did some shop and sculpt. Am supposed to have 2 rest days before a check up tomorrow. Done. No alcohol the night before. Too late. No breakfast tomorrow. I have been skipping dinner but this means I should have dinner tonight. I hope I'll survive the EKG (one of the tests). Will update with results tomorrow.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 6, 2017 12:17PM - edited Dec 6, 2017 12:24PM by ruthbru

Good luck with the tests, Heidi. Yes, you better eat dinner tonight or you will be famished!

WWW walked at the local Civic Center & had a potluck & white elephant gift exchange. December 6th is the Feast of St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children.....since we are former teachers (so, presumably like children) and we all like feasts, it seemed like a good holiday for us to celebrate! HappyI'll go to Zumba and Yoga tonight.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 6, 2017 12:46PM - edited Dec 6, 2017 12:46PM by M0mmyof2

Haven't been exercising because of a bad cold. Might try tonight after dinner

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Dec 6, 2017 04:06PM - edited Dec 6, 2017 04:09PM by Falconer

Heidi- good luck with the tests. I hope all goes well.

Mommyof2 sorry to hear of your cold.

Ruth- love the festive wear!

Octo- thinking of you as you recover.

I've been lurking and reading posts, but haven't been awake late enough to put anything out there. It's been a tiring couple of weeks for no other reason than I teach eighth grade and it's December. I've upped my yoga level as you know but downgraded my running. So I've been walking on the treadmill the last couple afternoons. Here's what I've come to after watching the George Harrison documentary that's on Netflix:

As a girl I loved Paul's boyish good looks, then turned toward John's rebellious side as a young woman, and now, middle aged, all that makes sense is what George was- yogi, peacemaker, friend. As an old lady will I find Ringo to be my man? Anyway, I enjoyed the documentary very much, as it made the dreadmill less dreadful.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots. Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole)

Dec 6, 2017 07:00PM octogirl wrote:

I started in like gangbusters as usual at PT today, did the stationary bike no problem and enthusiastically beat my time/distance from Monday, but then the moment they had me doing exercises that involved my hamstring it (and I) all fell apart! It all hurt like hell (not just the burn I expect, but pain), and at one point I got a strange phantom pain that felt like someone was poking me with a hot stick in the hamstring, even though no one was touching it.

Sigh. The PT folks conferred, and decided that I was done exercising for the day. They gave me a very gentle massage, iced me, reassured me that it was probably just an irritation from overdoing things, and a hiccup in recovery, and sent me home with instructions to elevate my legs a lot for a day or two and to try not to do too much. Ok, frustrating, but I can do that. Immediately emailed hubby to warn him he'd be cooking dinner...and now I am on the couch feeling sorry for myself. Because I can't exercise! How weird is that! (not weird to all of you, I know...)

This too, will pass...right?

Hugs.

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 6, 2017 07:48PM TwoHobbies wrote:

Ruth, I enjoyed that post So so true, too. I have those thoughts of other people and things they have done for me. Funny, I never think that they may have good thoughts because of something I did, but I sure can recognize how others have affected me.

Wonderland, one of my co-workers does a big secret santa for a low income school every year and it is so fun to pick out some gifts for a youngster, isn't it! I've had more fun with that, now that my own son is pretty grown.

Tessu, happy birthday to your husband and to Finland.

I have no exercise to report, because yes, its cold. I know its time to join the gym.

Round 1 -bmx, tug flap reconstruction, tamoxifen. Local Recurrence-excision, TCx4, radiation, Zoladex, Anastrazole. Dx 2/22/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/25/2013, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 6, 2017 09:28PM - edited Dec 6, 2017 09:30PM by ruthbru

Octo, it is neat though that we are at the point where we are mad when we CAN'T exercise!!!! That is HUGE!!!

Falconer, George was always my favorite Beatle. I guess I liked the strong, silent type (silent compared to the others anyway).

We had such a fun Zumba class tonight. Here's a picture.....

Dec 6, 2017 09:54PM Brutersmom wrote:

Checking in. Home tomorrow. Lots of walking on the trip. Need to find a different hotel next year. Noticed this year they have shuttle service from more hotels. The gym cost $50 a day. Of course that would give me access to a lot of things I don't want including the out door pool LOL not when it's 40 degrees outside and rain. Went to the Historic Town of Smithville today for some fun. Lots of walking. Home tomorrow and back to a health routine.

Diagnosed at 62, No lump, found on a routine mammogram Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Surgery 8/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/27/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/24/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 6, 2017 11:15PM ruthbru wrote:

Cheryl, are you okay? (with all the fires in your area)

Dec 7, 2017 05:57AM badger wrote:

hi all, just enough time before heading out to work to post my workout from last night.

70 mins ==> 522 cal burned. 15 mins TM warm-up, 45 weights, 10 recumbent bike cool-down.

7,077.0 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 7, 2017 11:17AM TrmTab wrote:

Yesterday had over 15K steps and over 100 minutes of activity (walking) according to Mr. Fitbit...then spent the evening eating at Brennan's for DH's birthday...need to get moving again to work that off! TT

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Dec 7, 2017 11:56AM tessu wrote:

Senior Exercise this morning, then a special class about how to exercise to prevent/treat knee problems. Learned several exercises I can do at home :) Unfortunately all the classes I’ve gone to this week have emphasized how much fitness I lost being sedentary for almost a month :( Just glad to be back at the health club again. I find exercise while I’m out of shape much easier in groups.

Wishing everubody a happy and active weekend :)

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Dec 7, 2017 12:40PM - edited Dec 7, 2017 12:40PM by ruthbru

Tessu, if you stick to it, I think you will get back in shape pretty fast. I was surprised how quickly it came back for me after taking 6 weeks for the hysterectomy recovery. I would say that I am nearly back to 100% (of where I was beforehand).

I did some pilates at home, next I am going grab the puppies to meet up with a friend & her dog to walk in the park,and later I am going to Wonder with some friends. I already went once, but it is worth seeing again. If you get a chance, be sure to go to this movie. Every child, and every adult, in the world should see it!!!!

Dec 7, 2017 12:47PM tessu wrote:

ruthbru thank you for the encouragement :)

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Dec 7, 2017 03:08PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Walked home from Dunkin Donuts after stopping for an Almond Joy Hot Chocolate after going for a test today.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Dec 7, 2017 08:07PM badger wrote:

Thighs are sore from workout last night. Trained with another person and we alternated deadmill with wall sits. Person A does a wall sit while Person B does 50 steps on a treadmill without the power. Then you switch. I'm glad my partner was a fast walker! Wall sits are challenging.

7,077.0 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 7, 2017 10:03PM Wonderland wrote:

Octo: Hope you are finding relief from your hamstring pain. Sounds awful.

Badger: Ugh on wall sitting!

Hi All! Walked/jogged today. Dh and I are going to Williamsburg tomorrow for a week. At least we hope we get to leave tomorrow as the weather report is calling for snow. We'll decide in the morning when we will be driving up.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 7, 2017 10:03PM badger wrote:

oh but yoga stretch at home felt GREAT!

Dec 7, 2017 10:48PM Wonderland wrote:

I bet it did, Badger!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 8, 2017 04:59AM 2FUN wrote:

I had a good talk with my co-worker. I feel worse than I did before all my surgeries, and I just cant get any energy. Probably a bit of depression/processing/grieving going on. you all are SOOOO active, but how long did it take after all of your treatments to regain strength and endurance. All of my medical training really hasn't given me a good idea of realistic expectations. I was down for the count from nov 2016-Aug 2017, so I know this will not happen over night. Thanks for letting me vent!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Dec 8, 2017 05:59AM Heidihill wrote:

I lost my post from yesterday. Forgot to submit. Oh well.

Cheryl, hope you are ok. Badger, interesting partner workout. tessu, you will get back in shape but more importantly you can even improve upon your previous shape. 

As it turns out I am pretty healthy except for low white blood cell counts (leukocytes and neutrophils) which is par for the course for me. They had a lot of trouble getting my blood though and had to do it with ultrasound assistance! I have another test (blood lactate) to absolve next week which will guide me in using heart rate monitoring for running. EKG stress test (on stationary bike) went well so I probably won't get a heart attack on the treadmill. I am determined to do a 10K next year, which was my New Year's Resolution for 2017. I did manage to reach 5K more times than in past years so not a total loss. LB, your sis is inspiring!

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 8, 2017 06:42AM KB870 wrote:

Wow I think that Ruthbrus alter ego is Wonderwoman!

I have got 60km done of the erging Challenge, I can manage a 5km row again so into the last 40km. Once the 100km is hit money is donated to charity by the makers of the ergs!

Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Dec 8, 2017 09:03AM LilacBlue wrote:

HeidiHill, good news about terrific about overall health! Sis is inspiring and focused. She retired from teaching (special ed) two years ago and trains daily. That is what makes the difference for her because when she was working, no way could she do a full Ironman. She likes what I do, particularly Pilates but thinks BB is a bit meh - not her thing. LOL. Tessu, love reading about the classes you take. It's all going to get better. You too 2FUN, stick with little bits each day and over time they build. Fatigue is the most common side effect of cancer treatment. It's hard to convince people to stay as active as possible, as this is what makes the fatigue lessen. KN870 well done on the rowing. Cheryl, I'm deep into learning #79 and someone told me it's out in the US..really?

We can all make a difference in the cancer world, in our own way. Here is a woman in Florence, Italy who is making a difference for those where she is: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/world/europe/taxi-florence-cancer.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

BB and Pilates earlier and BB early this evening. Have a terrific start to the weekend everyone!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Dec 8, 2017 09:29AM pat01 wrote:

Exercise has been mostly classical stretch and Christmas chores. Yesterday I had my last visit with my breast surgeon. I absolutely love her, and in one way sad to be leaving, but I also told her I hope to never need to see her again!

My DIL is an Oncology fellow at NIH, and right now she is at the National Breast Cancer conference in San Antonio. My onc likes a 7 year protocol for AI's, but being up on the latest research, my DIL wants me to do 10. Well, she texts me from the conference "Consensus at the national breast cancer conference is that 10 years of endocrine therapy is not needed and may be harmful (fractures), and even 7 years as compared to 5 may not be needed". I've done 6 years (2 tamoxifen, 4 arimidex), I have a bone density scan next month and if it shows significant loss I may just stop alltogether. Love that my DIL cares about me so, and I find it so ironic that she is specializing in breast cancer research. When I was diagnosed she was still in med school and just had started dating my son.

Have a great weekend everyone - 5 inches of snow forecast for here tomorrow - our first of the season.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 8, 2017 09:51AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Did a walk this morning and grabbed a hot chocolate from Dunkin on the way home. Knee deep in housework today.

Expecting 3-6 inches of snow here tomorrow.

Dec 8, 2017 07:01PM - edited Dec 8, 2017 10:11PM by ruthbru

2FUN, I once read that however long you were in 'active treatment', it takes that long again to get back to 'normal'; I would say to double that amount of time. I really pushed myself to keep active during and after treatment, but I would say it took me about a year to even start to feel like I was moving forward (physically and emotionally) and two years before I really, really felt great. Keep at it, even when you don't feel like it, and know that it is going to take time.

Yea, for the good checkup, Heidi!

Pat, nice to have someone on the inside to advice you, and VERY nice if you can be done with the anti-hormonals! I did well on Arimidex so was surprised how much better I felt once I was done with them.

Those with snow in the forecast, I feel your pain. Shovel and Sculpt time. Scared

I subbed today, just got with Zumba (which I probably negated by eating a cupcake......some middle school girls were having a get-together at the fitness center, when I stopped by after class to say hi, they gave me one).

I am now off to a basketball game!

Dec 8, 2017 09:59PM Runnermum wrote:

Hi ladies!

Great job to all! You are all very motivating!

Not such a great week for getting my workouts done. Did manage to hop on treadmill and get a nice 40 min run in today after work. Plan to get a couple more workout a in this weekend so the week is not a total loss. Feeling a bit blah and lazy this week and haven't had much of the Christmas spirit. We lost our sister in law to pancreatic cancer in Oct. It's our first Christmas without her and I think for the first time in months I have actually started to think of what not only myself and my family have went thru this past year but also everything that has happened with my sister in law. She was diagnosed a year ago this week. Everything happened so fast. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and it's hard to get the Christmas spirit. Some friends and I helped deliver gifts to families in our area who are in need a little help this season last night. Helped bring me out of my funk a little last night. With this same group of ladies, we also adopt a family from the area women's shelter each Christmas and buy gifts for the family so next week we will get together and bring those gifts to the shelter. And myself, husband and kids will be ringing the bell for the salvation army next week too. Hoping these little acts of kindness will continue to remind me of the reason for the season and help get me in the Christmas spirit a little more.

I start radiation on Monday. Scheduled for 6 1/2 weeks..28 treatments +5 boosts. Really ready to get this part done and over...seems so stinking long.

Dx 4/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1119 of 1,123 (33,669 results)