We are 201,330 members in 81 forums discussing 146,899 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1151 of 1,153 (34,563 results)

Posts 34501 - 34530 (34,563 total)

Feb 11, 2018 09:33PM octogirl wrote:

Somehow I managed to tweak my back this weekend...not what I wanted to do just before my next knee replacement surgery! (right knee this time) So, I mostly rested it; it does feel a lot better this evening.

Since the big surgery day is Tuesday, I am thinking I will swim tomorrow, even if back not 100%: as then I will have to be 'dry' until scar fully heals. And then: lots more walking in my future! Yay!

Please think positive thoughts for me that right knee replacement will go as well as left did. Thanks, all!

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 11, 2018 09:53PM 2FUN wrote:

I'm exercising by watching the onympics. We have several home town Olympians participating, and one the goes to school.with my son, so I have been keeping my fingers crossed for them.

Ruth, I like your idea of crossing off when you get to 4 hours. I used to aim for 3.5 per week, and I'm still not there yet. I've gotta get serious about at least 1/2 hour per day.

Thanks for inspiring me everyone!

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Feb 11, 2018 10:04PM karen1956 wrote:

Yesterday we got a few inches of snow and was around 10 degrees. Today most of the snow melted off the streets and was in the high 30s. Tomorrow back to the 20s. Gotta love winter in Denver. This was a good walking week-end. Hit 15K+ both days.

Back to the grind tomorrow. Currently I'm covering a traditional high school and a charter middle/high - both for maternity leaves and both 2 days/week. Most of my career has been in elementary, but last year and this years, I've been doing more secondary and I really enjoy it. I'll be a the traditional high school through winter break an the other school through April. I also two testing as needed, so its never boring!!!

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Feb 11, 2018 10:42PM - edited Feb 11, 2018 10:43PM by ruthbru

2Fun, what sports are they in? Tell us how they do. Very neat!

Octo, thinking of you. Those last days before a surgery are the worst, I think. You just want to get it over with and start the healing/rehab process. You will do well because you have the right mental attitude! Heart

Karen, when I was in college, I worked at a camp for special needs kids. Everybody wanted to work with the little kids, so another first year counselor and I were assigned to the older girls cabin. I fell in love with that age group and never looked back.

I am signing off so that I can run around in a circle until I get 100 more steps for the day.......

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 12, 2018 12:07AM indahood wrote:

Hi back at you, Falconer

Hey there Ruthbru, slowed down today. Still a bit anemic so that seems to keep me in check. Went walking with my 2 dogs and a friend and found it taxing so I left my active dog out and came back with Rosie, my Terrier. So my posted exercise today is 1/2 hour walk.

I'm excited to play tennis but I'm with a group of 4 other girls so there will be much opportunity to opt out too.

Laurie

Feb 12, 2018 03:52AM Heidihill wrote:

Indahood, if you can snowboard for 3 hours, tennis should not be a problem. Way to go! Not that I snowboard, but I did try learning it eons ago. Maybe it is time to try it again.

Octogirl, sending lots of positivity your way for a successful replacement. Cheryl, hope that nerve is no longer acting up.

Yay, Karen, on 2 x 15K!

Twohobbies, good link. Tessu, maybe if you do a 20 second run first and slowly build up, your neck won't be in shock. Or ask your doctor or PT what you can do to prepare your neck.

I missed Zumba (they changed times on me) so ran on the treadmill and did strength training on the Swiss ball and machines.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 12, 2018 09:34AM pat01 wrote:

Thanks for the bullet journal links. Yesterday was my first day with my chart, and only had one red square and a couple of yellows. Now to continue trying to get green squares. I do like the visual, and coloring in the boxes satisfies my inner picasso.

Cute as a button fireman!

Octo, good luck on surgery tomorrow.

Did both gym and classical stretch yesterday.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 12, 2018 05:19PM Wonderland wrote:

Hi Everyone! I've been MIA bc I had a bad case of bronchitis. Went to the doctor several times - even had a chest xray and thankful there was no pneumonia. It takes up to 3 weeks to completely heal and I needed the full 3 weeks. Much better now. My chest still hurts from coughing so much but I know that with time it will heal. Dh said it was the sickest he has seen me since getting sick during chemo (in hospital 3 days, blood transfusions). So thankful I'm doing well now!

Needless to say, no exercise for 3 weeks. Today I walked in the house and it felt good to move. I'm taking it slow and easy bc I don't want to relapse. I know that with time my strength and endurance will return.

Dh and started binge watching the show "Homeland." We have watched many, many episodes which equals too much time sitting on my butt. But while I was sick I was thankful to have something entertaining to watch.

My cousin's daughter is in the Olympics on the Biathlon team. Her name is Emily Dreissigacker. Her sister Hannah was on the same team for the last Olympics. It's the only winter Olympic sport that no American (male or female) has ever received a metal. Be sure to cheer Emily and her teammates on! FYI: My cousin (his mother and my mother were twins) was in 1972 Olympics in rowing, his wife (and her sister) was in the the 1980 and 1984 Olympics in rowing. Somehow my side of the family didn't get the competitive gene! Happy

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 12, 2018 07:53PM 2FUN wrote:

wonderland, glad u r on the mend.

Here's the Olympians I am watching:

John Lillis. On of 3 skiing brothers. All 3 were supposed to be at the Olympics. 16 yo brother died in oct. Middle brother didn't make the cut.

Also a young woman megan (can't remember last name) does skiing moguls

Brian Gionta captain of men's hockey

Emery Lehman long distance skater from Chicago area. Goes to school with DS

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Feb 12, 2018 07:55PM moth wrote:

Hello exercise gals - I have a question: I've been going to a restorative yoga class & want to keep going during chemo if I'm feeling up to it. Should I be worried about the class mat & blocks? I'm wondering if they're covered with germs. Should I get my own fabric covers for them that I could slip on & take home to wash or just hope for the best & wash my hands after class? What do you guys think?

Dx at 50; Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, pathology ER+/PR-, HER2-; Oncotype says ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 AC + T (Taxol)

Feb 12, 2018 09:47PM ruthbru wrote:

I will have to write all the Olympic names and sports down to remember who to watch. Very cool!

Glad you are feeling better, Wonderland.

Moth, I have my own yoga mat (because I like a thicker mat and am not thrilled about other people's germs either). If I were you, I would bring my own mat or do a cover (which I would recommend even if you weren't doing chemo). The blocks I wouldn't worry that much about, just don't touch your face and wash your hands when you are done.

I subbed today (be very impressed because the subject I taught was BAND!). I went to Zumba and Yoga tonight and am now watching the Olympics. I am going to the dentist tomorrow.......I think I lost part of a filling. Shocked

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 12, 2018 10:21PM ruthbru wrote:

Good News, ladies!

Feb 12, 2018 11:09PM karen1956 wrote:

watching snow boarding on theOlympics with DH. Some of the athletes are so young!

Two cold walks with DH after work and after dinner. When I left work it was 21 and gray skies. Didn’t see the outside from the time I got to work at 7:30 and left at almost 4 !

Feb 13, 2018 02:22AM LilacBlue wrote:

Good to read everyone active and enjoying the Olympics. Had a wonderful time in Venice, walking (in the sun!)

, seeing and eating too much! Now home and back at it but feeling a bit out of it. I like that article Ruth.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Feb 13, 2018 06:44AM 2FUN wrote:

lilac, what a handsome couple you are! I forgot about Carnival. it must have been amazing! ( probably as amazing as ruth teaching band!haha)

Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Feb 13, 2018 07:50AM Heidihill wrote:

lilac, lovely masks and faces. Love the supportive sculpture!

here's DD after walking up the mountain with snowshoes and poles. Sherpa DH carried her snowboard in his backpack.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/25/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 13, 2018 11:42AM ruthbru wrote:

Lovely pictures, Lilac and Heidi.

I just got back from the dentist. The good news is a little piece of a filling came out & I can go back this afternoon and get it patched up (as opposed to a crown or root canal, both of which the hygienist mentioned after her part of the exam). Whew! I will go to Pound at 5:30 and from there dash off to my Book Club.

Feb 13, 2018 12:46PM tessu wrote:

Yesterday cross-country skied about 10km. Today was five hours sitting in the car, but I managed to squeeze in 5K steps. Lapland scenery: panorama at the top of Kaunispää Tundra

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Feb 13, 2018 02:50PM hbcheryl wrote:

OMG Badger that is so funny and so how I feel at the moment Vargadoll that is the cutest fireman. Falconer the retreat sounds wonderful, I had heard about some models where they were having kids who were in detention do yoga and it was helping them. Indahood hope you are enjoying Palm Springs the weather is perfect for your time there. Octogirl thinking of you today, hope your surgery went well. moth I would go to TJ Maxx or Target and buy my own then you can clean it after use as gym equipment doesn't get cleaned so I would really carry my own. Wow beautiful pictures LB, Heidi and tessu.

Last night went to my dance party class, the instructor did some old stuff that was loads of fun, Sunday I did RPM and saturday was my Body Combat with a fabulous sub as our regular girl was in Chicago - LB she was at the LMUS headquarters for Barre bootcamp - it's coming!!!

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 13, 2018 06:08PM Falconer wrote:

So nice to see your beautiful masquerade LB. Tessu and Heidi, I envy your winter sport joy. I ran on the treadmill today for twenty minutes. Cold cold cold here. And icy. Tomorrow I have my appt with my MO. I'm so anxious- my usual neck/ shoulder pain often results in self-massage, both conscious and unconscious. Well about three weeks ago I noticed a palpable lymph node while rubbing my neck. More seem to have popped up in those three weeks. I'm hoping that I'm just having the usual three month follow up anxiety, and that's all. Ugh. When do these feelings end? Thanks for understanding; I know you've been here.
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 13, 2018 09:46PM karen1956 wrote:

Ruth, when I worked with the developmentally disabled, I worked with teenagers and adults. It wasn’t till I went to the public schools that I started to work with Elementary aged. The needs of elementary than secondary are huge. It’s unbelievable what today’s teenagers are dealing with. My youngest will be 20 next month but even since she started middle or high school have been so many changes. Never mind since my 30 something was in mind dale and high school! I love what I do, that keeps me going.

Gorgeous day today. Nice long walk after work. 50s today and 60s tomorrow compared to around 21 yesterday. The sun sure makes a difference.

Need to go to probate court regarding taking care of stuff from Mom. It’s is overwhelming. I will go Friday when I’m off. Hope I can get everything taken care of at probate court so I can deal with everything else. Thursday is 4 weeks since Mom passed away. My DH and I are going to go to the cemetery on Sunday which will be one month. So lucky to have such a great guy for a DH and bff!

Sweet dreams!

Feb 14, 2018 12:43AM - edited Feb 14, 2018 12:49AM by ruthbru

Karen, yea for great guys in our lives!

Falconer, let us know how your appointment goes. Since a bunch of bumps are popping up, I'm thinking they have to do with all the germs going around, they just land someplace, linger, and cause problems. I still have a cough & my sinuses are pressing down on my face, teeth etc. from my cold of a couple weeks ago. Blah! The appointment anxiety does it better, but never entirely goes away. Hugs!!

We had a very fun night at my Book Club. The hostess LOVES to bake fancy and unusual desserts. She'll order special ingredients online if she can't find them in town. For anyone who is cheered up by food, here's what we ate tonight....

Feb 14, 2018 02:58AM - edited Feb 14, 2018 02:59AM by LilacBlue

Falconer, in your pocket today. HeidiHill, enjoy Paris and like the DD photo. Ruth, yum! Cheryl, I have a friend who is so eager to get on IMT barre, but not me. It's coming our way for April..been a slow roll-out over here, with Tori Willard as master trainer for over here. Have quarterly to go on for #80 on March 17th. Octo, hope you have as smooth of a recovery as before and all is well. Need to get this day going and have a corporate interview at noon for a gig to teach Pilates once a week in HQ conference room. Then my usual three classes - one at the spa late afternoon and two at the gym this evening. Happy VDay Heartand Ciao!

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Feb 14, 2018 11:13AM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Loving all the pictures, especially the ski ones, and finally getting to post ones of my own. I had a good time and got in a fair amount of skiing. My new skis/poles/bindings/boots combination is just fab, giving me much better control on the down hills. Loving it!!!

However, I managed to get the creeping crud, and only wanted to sleep the last 2 days of my trip. To top things off, I hit a deer on my way back to where I was staying the last night damaging my car which fortunately was drivable so I could get home and fixable. But it was the end of the poor deer. Everyone has been wonderful and I should get my car back next week. I went home yesterday after dropping off my car at the auto body shop and will work from home today. I made a pea soup for dinner last night after 3 days of chicken noodle.

I feel so lucky though....as things could have been a lot worse. I was not injured at all, and only superficial damage to the car, other than the headlight that was taken out. Very lucky indeed. - Claire 

This is why I find the Methow Valley so special:

Finally, gearing up for my trip the evening before in Seattle. Someone has to do the "heavy lifting" and provide feedback on the new wines/vintages!!

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Feb 14, 2018 12:15PM - edited Feb 14, 2018 12:18PM by ruthbru

Nice pictures, Claire. Too bad the trip ended on a bad note!

We just had a few Wednesday Walkers today. Everyone is either gone or sick! It is supposed to be 38 degrees this afternoon (and go back in the tank tomorrow) so I m going to kidnap the grandpuppies and meet a friend for a doggie walk. I'll go to Zumba after that & then DS and his lady friend have invited us over for a dinner.

Happy Valentine's Day to my all exercise Valentines! Heart

Feb 14, 2018 01:36PM tessu wrote:

Claire, what kind are your new cross country skis? Standard? Nano? Or the new ”skins”? Husband suspects my almost 30-yr-old standard skis need replacement....

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Feb 14, 2018 02:51PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Rossignol EVO OT 65. These work very well in tracks but also for a bit of "exploring". They are great on downhills. The bindings are adjustable for different types of skiing. They have steel edges. The boots are fab with excellent ankle support. These are standard, not skate skis. That will be in my next lifetime.

You will be shocked and amazed. Your husband is right. You should never look at skins unless extremely hard core.

SPOILER ALERT!!! You will want to upgrade everything else. You need to be fitted for these, so go to a ski shop where they know what they're doing. Yes, it will require telling them your true weight, but that's part of getting the right match. I got a package deal. There is another model without steel edges, but I would go for edges. A lot more control. Get the package as everything is designed to work together.

You will be so thrilled that you will lose weight from all the miles you will be putting in. Plus transform your body along the way.

My skis that were stolen were only one year old, but these represent a vast upgrade in technology. More fun....really fun. - Claire 

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Feb 14, 2018 02:59PM KB870 wrote:

Great pics all. Interesting about the skis, ours are very old backcountry skis with metal edges and heavy boots.

SO I am still recovering from the chest infection and secondary infection and have only just got back to swimming, still feeling very tired unfit and wheezy if I really exert. However I went crazy at the weekend and purchased a spin bike to use at home. Got a great deal on the floor model of a BH 6001C. Fully adjustable and as soon as I got on it, it felt comfortable especially being able to get right over the bars. Needed something to kick things up a notch although I love my rower. And boy do I know now how unfit I got this last month. Clearly I need to work on it!

Cheers all!

Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

Feb 14, 2018 04:19PM Falconer wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement, Ruth. That is quite a plate of food porn you shared!

Wonderland, so sorry to hear bronchitis made its way into your system. Hope you're feeling better now.

Lilac, now that you're back how's the yoga teaching training going?

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 14, 2018 10:44PM karen1956 wrote:

Another beautiful day in Denver but tonight is windy so there must be a change coming our way.

The school shooting in Florida today has hit me hard...not sure why the other 17 shootings this year didn't bother me as much. I don't worry about my safety when I go to work and never have over the past 25+ years. But my DH worries for my safety. Its hard to convince him that he doesn't need to worry about me at school. 2018 has been a hard year!! Waiting for life to get a little bit easier.

Page 1151 of 1,153 (34,563 results)