We are 203,184 members in 81 forums discussing 147,655 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1159 of 1,159 (34,751 results)

Posts 34741 - 34751 (34,751 total)

24 hours ago ruthbru wrote:

The interior is absolutely gorgeous.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

24 hours ago - edited 23 hours ago by ruthbru

One more and I'll quit, the church's ceiling...keep looking up!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

22 hours ago - edited 22 hours ago by tessu

Oh ruth your photos are gorgeous! We're still getting tons of snow. But at least today is SUNNY yay!

Did half an hour of snow shoveling after Pilates yesterday evening, and woke up 5AM with back pain in a new location :(

Wishing everybody here a fun weekend :)

Be gentle with yourself. Dx 7/29/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy CEF Surgery Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

18 hours ago Heidihill wrote:

Love the pics, Ruth and Cheryl! I would love to visit that mission, too! Also time for a zoo trip as I still have a subscription and this is a good way to be moving without flying to Arizona. Awesome abs and JAM balloons, Cheryl.

Twohobbies, thanks for the link/reminder of the full body Norwegian workout plan. I will re-start it today. I think the pushups were the main stumbling block for me if I recall correctly. But it is worth folllowing the plan even without proper pushups.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/24/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

12 hours ago - edited 12 hours ago by TrmTab

Got to body balance yesterday and just back from Pilates...so much sickness in my classes with kids coughing and sneezing, couldn't believe when someone at body balance yesterday was doing the same thing, ugh! Trying to stay healthy in this up/down weather that just won't permanently turn toward spring. Happy weekend all, TT.

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

11 hours ago ruthbru wrote:

Took a nice walk around the neighborhood here. Sounds like we are missing another foot of snow back in North Dakota. Yikes! Here's another mission picture, just because....

9 hours ago Runnermum wrote:

2fun...I have no doubt that he is one of very, very few bad apples in the PT world. In fact both my husband and I have had other excellent therapists at the same clinic. It still makes me angry when I think about what he said that day and mainly that he wasn't willing to work with me to figure out what was wrong so I could try to continue to do something I lenjoy. Not only did he tell me that it was time to retire from running (I was probably 39 yrs old at the time) he also mentioned that I shouldn' t be like Brett Farve and keep trying to run when it was time to be done. I am also a Green Bay Packer, so none of it say well! 😂

Ruth great pictures!

Hoping the expected snow holds off until I can get a run in after work. Our treadmill is still broke and the arena track is closed this weekend due to an event. Will do some yoga strength and strength work if I can't run. I

Great workouts ladies!

Dx 4/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

9 hours ago - edited 9 hours ago by Falconer

thank you for the recommendations everyone. Runnermum, I have been to acupuncture and she does cupping too, but I didn't notice any real changes. I admire how much you run; I'm having a hard time keeping up regular weekly runs. Last one this week was Sunday for me.

2Fun, I've been to lots of therapies, but no one mentioned a laser. I hope my insurance covers the trigger point injections. I've seen other folks post about dry needling but haven't been offered that yet by my PT

Great photos Ruth. My DH is also a teacher, and he was the varsity baseball coach for fifteen years. So, you've given him something to look forward to for retirement as well. You know he's a Cubs fan, right?

Well, like you Karen, today starts spring break for me! I teach in a different school district from my DS. He has to make up two snow days- Mon and Tues next week. So we are laying low having a staycation. I will exercise every day! But tonight meeting my BFF of 30 years for dinner and drinks. Have a great weekend.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

8 hours ago Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

Love the pictures, Ruth. Interesting how the Mission Style and decoration follows what was happening in Europe at the time. Ceiling is very Rococo. Just gorgeous! I am on hold as I write this trying to get my air miles accounts sorted out so I can travel more for less.

Then off for a run while the sun is out. It was snowing this morning. - Claire 

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

7 hours ago karen1956 wrote:

Ruth - gorgeous pictures.

Warm weather but vey windy - wind gusts up to 40+mph.

Have a good week-end everyone.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

2 hours ago Wonderland wrote:

Beautiful mission pictures, Ruth! Looks like you're not even thinking about the foot of snow you are missing.

Hi All! Walked/ran today under a beautiful sky. Afterwards dh and I picked up trash for an event that's happening tomorrow in my county but we did our project today bc the weather tomorrow is rain, maybe some snow, and cold. Litter makes me sick and there's a really bad area that I have been wanting to clean up. We worked for an hour and 15 minutes and collected 5 trash bags full of trash. Unfortunely, there will always be more to pick up. Sad

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1159 of 1,159 (34,751 results)