Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1412 of 4,390 (43,896 results)

Feb 22, 2013 07:28AM pat01 wrote:

Thanks Ruth for the encouragement.  Total exercise for the last 24 hours - zero - last night I went to choir practice instead and got home late, and then got up late this morning so no classical stretch.  Tonight is dinner and a play with a friend.  There is always tomorrow - A friend has asked me to do a 5k with her for St. Patty's day - yikes!  I am not in running shape right now, and no way I can get there by mid March, so I'm going to see if there is a walkers option - but at least that is a short term goal to get me off my butt and moving.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 22, 2013 07:40AM NatsFan wrote:

Waiting - just to add my voice to everyone else's.  Chemo fatigue hit me really hard - by the end I'd have to stop and rest after walking from my kitchen to my living room - and I don't have a big house!  As others have said, start slowly.  Two weeks after my last chemo I started a gentle yoga class and hopped on an elliptical for the first time.  At the yoga class, I met with the instructor ahead of time to explain that I was going to do what I could but it probably wouldn't be much - she was great about it.  (Of course it was hardly necessary to explain as I was bald as a billiard ball! Wink)I could only hold a few positions for a few seconds, but I muddled through.  On the elliptical, I was going so slowly that the machine kept blipping off, and I still managed only 5 minutes before exhaustion. But I stuck with it.  Just try to do something for a few minutes a few times a week, and go from there. Do what you can, a step at a time, but don't overdo or you'll take two steps back.

Ruth - hope that storm stayed south - it looked brutal.  Badger - did you get hit?  It looks like Wisconsin got it pretty badly.  Good to see everyone keeping busy!

35 minute treadmill run last night, 30 minute elliptical this morning.  Saturday is my rest day - looking forward to it as my training schedule calls for a 7 mile run Sunday.  The most I've ever run is a 10K (6.2 miles) so I'm a bit scared about Sunday - I've even had worried dreams about it this week! Surprised  I'll report back on how I did - right now the forecast is around 50 and sunny, so it should be perfect running weather.   Still listening to my "Eragon" audiobook, so I'm hoping for some really exciting action scenes on Sunday to keep my mind busy!  

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 22, 2013 10:32AM _Ann_ wrote:

Waiting, welcome!  I'll add my two cents.  Get moving in whatever way is appealing to you.  During chemo I just went out the front door and walked at a normal pace, as long as felt comfortable.  When my mood was good I would put on music and dance around the house.  That led to hula hooping :-)

Hooped for a bit over 30 minutes yesterday.  Short walk with the hubby the day before that.  

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 22, 2013 01:19PM LuvLuLu wrote:

Nats, don't be afraid of your 7-miler on Sunday. If you're doing 6.2 you can do 7 easily, esp. if the weather cooperates.

6.2 run this morning. Then Saturday is usually a rest day BUT again "they're" talking about snow coming in Saturday night into Sunday (BIG workout day) so we're switching it up and running / gym tomorrow, rest on Sunday.  And my legs are tired . . .

TTFN!

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/8/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/30/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/18/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 22, 2013 02:05PM Waitingforthenextstep wrote:

Thanks for the tips.  Felt a teeny bit better today, so did a few small errands.  Better than yesterday though.  My mind wants my old  (real) life back.  Body says not happening... the spirit is willing though!

Feb 22, 2013 04:16PM - edited Feb 22, 2013 04:18PM by ruthbru

If the spirit is willing, the body will eventually be forced to follow along! Smile

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 22, 2013 06:55PM badger wrote:

hi ladies and welcome Waiting.  Do what you can, when you can, and know it gets easier.

Took off yesterday for oral surgery appt and worked from home today due to snow.

We got six inches but it was the wind I didn't want to drive in.  Whiteouts are super-scary!

Slept a lot yesterday then today I sat and read the 1,000+page biennial budget bill the Gov just introduced so not much exercise to report, other than some Shovel & Sculpt.  I did get some beef soup bones this morning and roasted them in the oven, now simmering for beef stock.  Soup & Sculpt?

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 22, 2013 07:43PM patoo wrote:

Hmmm, the voices would definitely work if I turn them on (by coming here!)  I have been moving every day but not really enough to be able to call it exercise.  Primarily trying to make sure that I get over 5000 steps in a day; need to double that to the suggested 10,000 steps. 

Night sculpted friends.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel

Feb 23, 2013 01:59AM lilacblue wrote:

Term break for kids last week and not much gym, except yesterday for double step class.  Back on the beam Monday gym wise.

Early morning last Thursday, we went to the tiny, community local radio station to be interviewed for our pink ribbon pilates class starting next week. Two little 8 year old girls where ahead of us singing a Katy Perry song. All went by in a flash. While driving my class partner back home she read her iphone and noticed a woman had sent a text saying she had a mastectomy two weeks ago and she will come along. So there we go, one woman who we are aimed at heard it. Fingers crossed more will come.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Feb 23, 2013 11:45AM _Ann_ wrote:

badger that sounds so cozy, simmering soup stock while it snows outside.

LilacBlue, I'm so impressed you're promoting your class like that.  I noticed a sign at the rads center for "gentle yoga for cancer survivors" and I want to try it.  Might not be much of an exercise challenge but every little bit helps and I like the idea of meeting other survivors in an exercise class instead of a support group.

Well I am really fighting fatique lately.  I get a nap attack every couple hours.  I'm actually going to go take my walk *now* while I still have energy.  I generally hate morning exercise!

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1412 of 4,390 (43,896 results)

Scroll to top button