Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1422 of 4,362 (43,612 results)

Mar 4, 2013 09:16PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Two 5 k walks today in the sun~~last real walks for awhile but hope surgery does not keep me down for long.Smile

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Surgery 9/9/2019

Mar 4, 2013 09:40PM - edited Mar 4, 2013 10:27PM by ruthbru

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!. I had an present from Mother Nature today in the form of a SNOW DAY. (Nice to have a day off, but we will be sad on Easter Monday when we are in school making it up!) After hearing the 'school is cancelled' news, I went back to bed for an hour, did a bunch of paperwork, talked to my sister on the phone for a long time & tried to get ahead on the exercise as we are having company later in the week. Intersperced throughout the day I did FIRM Cardio Party, a spot toning DVD, and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Here is a big announcement I want to let you all in on: after 38 years of teaching, I am going to retire at the end of the year. This was a hard decision for me because I love and enjoy my students, the people I work with, and the school where I work. But I've actually been considering it for a couple years, and things have come together in a way that make the timing right....there is a young teacher who is really excited to have my position (and whom I think will do a great job), I will be able to do some mentoring with her, I can sub as little or as much as I want (the kids without the paperwork and meetings!!), and DH has decided to retire himself at the end of the year no matter what I do....I am not nice enough to like the thought of me trudging off to work every day while he is eating bon bons (or whatever retired people do!). So once I get all my paperwork (which drives me crazy) done (maybe by May), I think I will be feeling very nostalgic!!!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 4, 2013 09:58PM wonderland wrote:

Ruth: OMG! Congratulations! You and dh will have a GREAT time!!!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 4, 2013 10:14PM ruthbru wrote:

Hopefully we will each mostly do our own thing, otherwise we will drive each other crazy!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 4, 2013 10:30PM Nicole503 wrote:

marianelizabeth ~ Good luck with your surgery!

Ruth ~ Happy belated birthday and congrats on making such a big decision. I hope that deciding to retire at the end of the year helps you to let all the politics and many of the frustrations roll of your back in a way that makes the last 4 months feel more liberated than the last 38 years.

Got out and walked 30 minutes from my office to the bank and back at work today. Nice to fit my 30 minutes into the work day so that I could put my feet up for a 30 minute siesta after work/school pick ups.  Taxol is a pretty kind chemo, but I still tire pretty easily.

Be well.

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 4, 2013 11:45PM adagio wrote:

Marian - good for you getting out in the sunshine for two walks. I walked the dog this morning and have felt crappy for the rest of the day - thanks to the taxol and neulasta combination - achiness all over the upper body, neck and jaws!! But I know it will pass.

I want to wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow - I will be thinking of you and I am sure it will go just fine. Look forward to hearing how it goes. 

Dx 8/21/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 2/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/25/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/20/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/25/2013 Breast

Mar 5, 2013 01:06AM claire_in_seattle wrote:

Congrats Ruth on this major step forward.  Wow....38 years!  Something to celebrate big time.

I got out and did a major walk prior to my board meeting.  Big surprise was seeing herons nesting in the trees!!  So spring must be on its way.

Glorious sunshine today, and so glad I got out and walked.  I got a major assignment with my long term client, but a new person there.  Great news, and so glad the lead from last week didn't work out.  A real lucky escape.  (I learned even more about this later, in case there was ever any doubt.)

My pillow is beckoning.  Tomorrow is another day. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 5, 2013 02:57AM hbcheryl wrote:

Been crazy around here and my laptop still playing up, last weekend I went out test driving new ones but I just can't seem to make up my mind, such crazy things stop me from plunking down the old credit cardTongue Out    

Firstly Happy Belated Birthday Ruth and congratulations on your decision, I know you've been pondering it for a while and seems like you'll have the best of both worlds and without the paperwork, yeahhhh. Marian best of luck with your surgery. Claire love your Joie de vivre. 

Well since last here I did Body Combat on thursday, rest day friday, saturday was half a Combat class and an hour of Spin, sunday my step class was replaced by Body Attack (kind of like PX90 all plyometrics but I did it all low impact) and then tonight another Spin class and right now it's almost midnight and I'm cooking a vegetable lasagne for office potluck lunch tomorrow.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 5, 2013 08:59AM badger wrote:

hi ladies and welcome adagio.  I took a snow day from work woo hoo!

Ruth, BIG NEWS thanks for sharing.  That was a hard decision to make, congrats!

marian, best wishes for surgery today, sending good thoughts to you and your doc.

bedo, that's sweet of your DD to bring coffee & donuts.  Maybe give her a buck and ask if she would mind getting you a banana too, you've had a hankering for one. Then she still gets to do you a favor and you get a non-donut option.

pat01, how's the wedding dress shopping going?  June is coming up fast.

Walked at lunchtime yesterday, logged 5001 steps = 4.0 km = 2.49 miles.

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 5, 2013 09:05AM NatsFan wrote:

Ruth - great news!!!  How wonderful for you and your dh.  My goodness, you can exercise when you want for however long you want - what a luxury that will be!  Marian - good luck today!  Cheryl - veggie lasagna - yum!

30 minutes strength training this morning - after many years of building up slowly because of my LE, I'm finally back to using 8 pound hand weights.  That felt good to pick up those suckers again - I haven't used them since I was dx.  4 mile run on tap for this afternoon.  We're meeting with a travel agent after work to start planning a trip this fall to England and Ireland - a combination celebration of our 30th anniversary and my 5 year b/c anniversary - it's a trip we've been thinking about for years.  This should be interesting!

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1422 of 4,362 (43,612 results)

Scroll to top button