Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 29, 2009 01:56AM

Posted on: Sep 29, 2009 01:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1423 of 4,362 (43,617 results)

Mar 6, 2013 04:02AM pat01 wrote:

Ruth - congrats on your big decision!

Badger - yes, I know June is coming up fast - last night I went to one store and didn't see anything I even wanted to try on - perhaps it's too early here in NE for spring/summer dresses to be out.  Might grab a girlfriend this sunday and go to providence to some stores just to get an idea of what style dress to get.

Bedo - have your daughter bring you coffee without the treats - if you ask her I'm sure she will understand and want to be encouraging, and she still is bringing you something in the morning.  My daughter lives out of state, but we talk on the phone every morning on our way to work - so I appreciate having morning time with a daughter!

Got a nice walk in at lunch yesterday, and hope to do the same today before bad weather rolls in for the rest of the week.  Crunches last night, and classical stretch this morning.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 6, 2013 05:25AM lilacblue wrote:

Ruth, congratulations to a new chapter to life unfolding!

Had a hour of body balance and feeling good.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/13/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 6, 2013 06:27AM LuvLulu07 wrote:

Lovely long trail hike, watching the sun go down.  Enjoying our bit of spring here and hoping it stays.  

ruth  Congrats on your upcoming retirement!   Momine and NatsFan  Thanks for info on aspirin - I wasn't aware that lessened reccurence was another benefit.  cheryl   You are one active lady!  

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 6, 2013 02:46PM _Ann_ wrote:

Ruth, congratulations on making that decision.  38 years, wow, that's quite a work legacy!

51 minute walk tonight and about to do some hula hooping.  Not much exercise yesterday but 45 minute walk plus hooping on Sunday.

Happy snow days!

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 6, 2013 02:54PM odie16 wrote:

Happy birthday Ruth!! Hope you had a great day.

Plugged in the IPod and walked another 3 miles on the treadmill tonight. Love high energy music to work out to... Looks like me & Natsfan will get some shovel and sculpt tomorrow. Calling for a foot of snow here..

Sweet dreams my sculpted friends.

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 6, 2013 03:59PM - edited Mar 6, 2013 04:33PM by ruthbru

marian, thinking of you tomorrow!

Welcome adagio.

Pat, it is hard to shop summer in the snow!

Mary, your England/Ireland trip sounds wonderful. You will have to let us in on all the plans as they unfold so we can enjoy the trip vicariously!

Did some Shovel and Sculpt after school myself, had to dig my way back into my driveway because the snow plow had come through. Did an hour on the treadmill & 30 lower body pilates (trying to wear off the three pieces of double chocolate fudge cake one of my aides baked in honor of my birthday....she is a great cook, so it was well worth the extra exercise!).

I do the baby aspirin every day too, and a serving of prunes for the bones, oatmeal for the cholestroel, and some dark chocolate for the blood pressure and psychological benefits Cool!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 6, 2013 06:39PM hbcheryl wrote:

Hey Pat shovel your way to the airport and head to Miami or Las Vegas to do some dress shoppingWink  Odie I love all the high energy music, it sure makes woring out much more fun.  Mary how exciting England and Ireland and great reasons to celebrate.  Lilac I am a PG Tips girl, also a Typhoo, Morrisons and Taylors - have you ever been to a Bettys, I think they may only be up north but oh my what a treat.  Joy I have to admit I think I've become an exercise addict I love all my classes, and I've made some great friends at the gym.

I did Body Step class tonight, it's turning cold here again, is it any wonder people get sick 2 days ago it was shorts and t-shirt weather and now it's rug up and snuggle under a blankie.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 04:23AM NatsFan wrote:

Snow coming down - beautiful!  Local media have dubbed this storm "Snowquester" which I think is cute.  Everything's closed so I feel like a kid again with a Snow Day!  It's a wet heavy snow, so it looks like dh and I are in for an intense Shovel N Sculpt workout. 

The England/Ireland travel seminar was cancelled due to snow, so I have to wait till 3/25 when it's been rescheduled.  The rep from the travel agency that was giving it (it was an AAA seminar) lives about 4 hours west and wanted to get home before the snow.

Ran home from work yesterday - 4.25 miles.  Work is just half a mile away from the park where I run.  It's a long stream valley park, 20+ miles, with tons of trails.  So I left work, ran half a mile on busy streets, then was able to slip into the park.  Since my house is only a half mile from the same park , I was able to run through the park almost all the way.  It was a good time to run - just prior to sunset, so I saw a lot of deer.  I've been wanting to do that for years!  DH works in the same building, so he was able to bring my work clothes and the car home. 

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 04:33AM pat01 wrote:

Got my walk in at lunch yesterday, and hoping for one today before the bad weather hits us.  Went to spinning last night - had a sub instructor, it's amazing how different a class can be from one instructor to another.  I am only managing one spin class a week these days, and it's kicking my butt - but in a good way!  Crunches and arms last night, and classical stretch this morning.

Mary, your run sounds wonderful - nice to have a large bit of park in the middle of suburbia.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 7, 2013 09:57AM lilacblue wrote:

Mary, what a terrific trip in the planning.  Cheryl, yup been to Bettys tea room a few times in York - yummy cakes. 

Freestyle step today and now callling it a night.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/13/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Page 1423 of 4,362 (43,617 results)

Scroll to top button