Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1425 of 4,354 (43,535 results)

Mar 7, 2013 09:42AM pat01 wrote:

Well, been almost an exercise free 24 hours for me.  Did get my walk in at lunch yesterday, but that's about it.  No crunches, as I was coloring my hair.  Went to bed sure we would get a snow day, and woke up to nothing, but woke up late so no classical stretch this morning.  And no walk today because NOW it's snowing.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 7, 2013 01:24PM lilacblue wrote:

Pilates this morning with pink ribbon wonder women. One came to class without her wig, sporting edgy salt n' pepper growing in crop and looked so lovely.  Physio in afternoon and left range of movement is coming on so well now.

Mary, sweet reading of your mother and good for you on the declutter.  Cheryl, if I could, I would live on cream cakes, sadly no can do.  Momine, how warm is where you are in March?

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 7, 2013 02:32PM hbcheryl wrote:

Lilac me tooLaughing

Came to work late today as I went to a Body Combat class this morning, but I am my own boss and I was up till 2am working on a mailing list for a client so I won't fire meTongue Out heading to my regular gym tonight for what may be my very last class there, they are closing tomorrow we've heard all kinds of rumors about what's happening with the place but until the doors reopen I have my plan B in place (hence the morning classes at another gym).

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 02:46PM Carrol2 wrote:

so happy to be able to post exercise with you ladies today. I ahve been lurking and feeling terrible that I could not contribute. But you all inspired me so today I did a 30 mn spin class immedicatley followed by a Zumba toning (with wieghts). 

Dx 6/23/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2010 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 10/4/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/2/2011

Mar 7, 2013 05:23PM Nicole503 wrote:

Way to go Carrol2!!!!!

Pat01~ hope the snow clears quickly so we will hear about a walk tomorrow!  Enjoy the snow!

Just had Taxol #2 and am feeling a bit spacey from it all but thinking I might try a relaxed 30 minute neighborhood walk.

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 7, 2013 05:51PM _Ann_ wrote:

Mary, what a nice find.  I'll bet you could find a 78 player someplace.  I'm trying to declutter and having trouble parting with old LP's and 45's.  Carol, yay!! for delurking.  Momine, I wish there were more no-car-friendly cities.  

Lots of dancing and hooping today.  I received a new hoop in the mail.  It's collapsible (folds to quarter size) and the seller just wrapped bubble wrap all around it, attached a label and sent it.  It looked so cute!  Gotta love the USPS for shipping any old size and shape of object.  I will be sad when Saturday delivery ends.

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 07:03PM badger wrote:

No walk at noon as I met a friend for lunch but had salmon with curry so feeling virtuous.

Busy day at work but left my chair enough to log 5,201 steps = 4.16 km = 2.59 miles.

Mary, I have a record player that still works and is used, but it only plays 45 and 33 1/3.

Blessings shared this video on another thread and it's too funny not to share.

"Memory" Laughing  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSaoN2LdfU

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 08:51PM ck55 wrote:

Hello everyone. It was suggested that I post this question on this thread with the hope that I might get more suggestions from you devoted exercisers!

I have recently started working out using the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs, and while they are a good workout I find them a bit boring.

I remember way back in the 80's when aerobic dance classes were popular how much I loved the dance moves and the great music! I am wondering if any of you could suggest DVD that uses dancing and great music (I was a Disco girl back in the day) that really gets you going? I love to dance and find it so much easier to "get up off of that thing" and move when the music is right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cyndi

DX 11/9/06 9cm ILC Stage 3A Mastectomy ER+ PR+ HR- 2/16 Nodes DD AC/Taxol Radiation

Mar 7, 2013 08:53PM - edited Mar 7, 2013 08:53PM by ck55

This Post was deleted by ck55.
DX 11/9/06 9cm ILC Stage 3A Mastectomy ER+ PR+ HR- 2/16 Nodes DD AC/Taxol Radiation

Mar 7, 2013 08:56PM Nicole503 wrote:

Cyndi ~  I don't have any good DVD recommendations, but I'm wondering if you have Nia classes available in Seattle. We have them all over down here in Portland and they are a ton of fun!  If you are up for group exercise, I highly recommend them. They have a mind-body approach that is definitely NOT boring ~ you get from it what you bring to it.   As a person in treatment, I somehow have a lot to bring!

Today's Observation:

People are good.  Or at least the guy who found my work ID when it fell out of my coat pocket after I shrugged it off during my sunny 30 minute walk  after Taxol treatment is. He put my name in google, found me on Linked In, and got a map with a star (but no house address) on our street. He started knocking on doors and found mine. 

5 out of 6 days with at least a 30 minute walk.  Hoping that the bone/joint pain is not too bad this round so I can keep up the momentum.  (Taking a break on Saturday to go to our local Komen 2013 Breast Cancer Issues Conference ~ really looking forward to this!).

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1425 of 4,354 (43,535 results)

Scroll to top button