Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1426 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Mar 7, 2013 06:59PM odie16 wrote:

Completed another 3 miles on the treadmill tonight and half an hour of strengthening exercise.

I have a stereo system with a turntable that still works. Quality has come a long way but the nostalgia lives on...

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 07:24PM badger wrote:

hi Cyndi, welcome!  This one's for you  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

It's on my Disco Classics mix tape that I will have to dig out and walk to this weekend! 

I'm not much for the DVD's but Ruth is and I bet she'll have some recommendations.

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 7, 2013 09:18PM hbcheryl wrote:

Nicole I agree with your observation and what an extraordinary human being that young man is.  Welcome Cyndi, I was in Target tonight an they had some DWTS videos, Ruth has company so it may be a day or so before she posts.  Badger great video and too true!!!

Tonight did RPM class, coincidentally the girl who taught was the very first instructor whose class I entered all those years ago, tonight was bittersweet.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 8, 2013 01:26AM Momine wrote:

Ann, agreed. However, when we moved here, people thought we were nuts, because we are right downtown in a slice that used to be mostly commercial. Sometimes it can be achieved if you think outside the box a little.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/19/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/12/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/8/2012 Surgery 3/7/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 8, 2013 05:32AM pat01 wrote:

This is the storm that never ends - started Wednesday and is still going.  We have been blessed by not a lot of accumulation where we live, but 1/2 hour north they have 10 inches! And the wind keeps howling.  So, bottom line, no walk at lunch today as it is still snowing here.

Got home late from choir practice, and was ready to flop into the shower and bed, when I heard a little voice saying "what would Ruth do?", and realized that I needed to do my crunches and arms no matter how tired I was.  Gotta say, I felt very virtuous afterwards :)  No classical stretch this morning, we have carpet guy coming to measure so hubby and I needed to decide on colors before I left for work.  Tomorrow I am doing a St. Patrick 5K with some friends - I'm going to walk it, as I haven't started getting in running shape yet this spring, but it's supposed to be a fun walk, and I hear we are going out for margaritas after!  Tomorrows weather is supposed to be 45 and sunny, you wouldn't believe that looking out my snowy window at work this morning.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 8, 2013 11:41AM - edited Mar 8, 2013 11:44AM by ck55

badger thanks for that. I was doing some serious chair dancing here at my desk!!! Man that was great music to dance to. (Although I never bought a Disco album?)

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will wait and see what Ruth might suggest.

Boogie on!

Cyndi

DX 11/9/06 9cm ILC Stage 3A Mastectomy ER+ PR+ HR- 2/16 Nodes DD AC/Taxol Radiation

Mar 8, 2013 11:50AM ginger48 wrote:

Mary- we got your snow here in Ct. A foot plus and a couple towns away has 20 inches and it is still snowing! It has basically snowed for about 48 hours here...

We have a turn table and I love playing our old albums! They sound a lot better than I thought they would.

Low steps on the pedometer for today. Will have to do something about that!

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 8, 2013 11:53AM - edited Mar 8, 2013 11:54AM by NatsFan

Nicole - what a great story!  Pal - LOL on the What Would Ruth Do??  Now we have another inspiration besides The Voices - we can think WWRD??  Laughing And you inspired me - I just registered for a St. Pat's 5K on the 16th.  I'll have to incorporate the post-5K margaritas as well.  Cool Badger - love the link!  No matter what people say about disco music, it was perfectly designed to get you up and moving!!  I have quite a bit of it on my workout playlists. 

Now I just need to find my curling iron and blow dryer so I can do my Farrah Fawcett curls . . .

45 minute treadmill run after work yesterday, 30 minute dawn walk this morning.  It was weird - the sun was coming up, the sky was beautiful with just a few peachy clouds, and it snowed like crazy for about 15 minutes!!  Must have been some stuff being carried aloft. 

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 8, 2013 12:15PM LuvLuLu wrote:

Snow started yesterday - but I managed to get to the gym at 5 AM for HIIT followed by legs, then home and played hooky from work - the roads were too bad! (Managed to get to the gym, though, didn't I???)  Now we have over a foot of snow yet again.  Just came in from some serious Shovel & Sculpting so my men don't have to do it all when they get home after a full day of work.

Couldn't just sit on the couch stuffing my face . . .

Is it Spring yet????

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/8/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/30/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/18/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 8, 2013 01:26PM ruthbru wrote:

Ruth is having a couple days of Eat and Visit with her company Smile. Things will get back to normal tomorrow. I will try to think  of some fun 'dancey' DVDs.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1426 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Scroll to top button