Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1431 of 4,390 (43,899 results)

Mar 12, 2013 01:50AM claire_in_seattle wrote:

I am off to Maui in the AM.  Amazingly, I got everything done including laundry.

Need to sleep as an early AM departure.

Meanwhile, trudged with my bicycle to the shop (the wrong way to get exercise with your bicycle BTW) and then did a number of errands on foot.  On to the wine bar, and some fun conversation.  Highlight was being chatted up by a 40-something hunk.  Got some tips on some fun stuff to try in the BC area.  But I am not about to go into avalanche territory in quite the same way.

Will let everyone know over the weekend how this adventure went.  I had to go online to get my boarding pass, and snagged my (cheap, middle) seat.  At least, I don't need to get to the airport at an ungodly hour to get my flight.

Packed a Climalite shirt to protect my skin from the Hawaiian sun.  The least I can do.

Off on my adventure....hoping to snorkel and do some cycling at the least.  Plus stuff like drinks in the sunset.  Wish me luck. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 06:36AM LuvLuLu wrote:

OMG, I kept up w/the kids this morning!!  I swear they're trying to kill me.  My long time running partner (6 yrs. younger than me) is super fast. She always sprints ahead but then comes back for me and does my pace.  We have a young, 38 year old with a PERFECT body who runs w/us on occasion.  Well, this morning I kept right up.  Did 8 miles at a 9 minute pace which is FLYING for me!  That ain't gonna happen too often.  I like slow and steady.  It gets the job done.

Claire, have a wonderful trip.  A slice of heaven.  Misswim, glad you're getting back into the swing.  I'll dedicate my yoga practice to you this afternoon!  I plan to leave work early for the 4 PM hot yoga.

Have a great day, all . . .

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/9/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 10/1/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 12, 2013 07:08AM balsie wrote:

~ hbcheryl I think it is interesting to hear all of the things the acupunturist knows about my body. She is working on my energy level, but the big thing is my feet feel 100% better, no more numbness( SE from chemo) I also had Reikii treatments while I was going through chemo and I think I should do that again.  It is exciting getting my energy levels and balance back. 

Claire enjoy your adventure, sounds fun!

Missswim, 90 minutes good for you!

Luvlulu,I admire you~ I have tried running ...and just can't go very fast, I like slow steady....actually I am more of a take a walk person.  Enjoy your hot yoga today!

Enjoy your day all ~ I need to go get ready for my daytime hobby (3rd graders)

~Balsei

Dx 4/15/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 03:00PM lilacblue wrote:

Claire, have fun in Maui! Joy we should both hitch a ride to Maui with Claire..keep warm and speaking of warm, good for you Misswim happy with hot yoga and Luvlulu! Cheryl, how is the new YMCA aka your old gym? Balise - hi and I prefer Bowen therapy, Nicole, keeping steady, Carol spinning away, Pat swishing by in her new navy lace dress, Waitingforthenextstep on the treadmill feeling MUCH better, Ruth smiling and Cocobean how are you..busy with your sweet baby?

The snow closed my gym class as instructors could not get in so home with handweights and gym ball.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 12, 2013 05:55PM Carrol2 wrote:

ok 20 mins on the elliptical, 20 mins on incumbant bike, 10 mins on wave, 10 mins treadmill so 60 mins cardio kind of slow though, better than nothing. 

Dx 6/23/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/9/2010 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 10/5/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/3/2011

Mar 12, 2013 06:34PM - edited Mar 12, 2013 06:35PM by bedo

Still only ginger ale 1-2 times a week.  Drinking lots of seltzer water instead

The last three days I have walked "my daughter's new dog" for 30 minutes each day.  I love it because if I don't she goes psycho! (The dog) So I have to.  DD camping with BF.

Mar 12, 2013 09:19PM ruthbru wrote:

Good job, everyone!

Have fun, Claire. Jealous!!!!!

Walked on the treadmill for an hour. According to the weatherman, we are under a 'polar vortex' and not likely to warm up any time soon.....Cry.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 09:28PM badger wrote:

Pat, yay for finding a dress - that fits - AND shoes.

Cheryl, Reiki is amazing, wish I understood it better.

Mary, way to go!

Claire, bon voyage!

Missy, glad you're back in the saddle again.

Ruth, thanks for inspiring so many, you ROCK!

Since last post, logged 8,750 steps = 7 km = 4.35 miles walked.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 09:32PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Am feeling OK but constipation set me back and after it was finally resolved, I have had a ridiculously tired and lazy day. The rains came back and that did not make me any more energized but I am hoping that tomorrow I will start to feel my old self a bit more. The pain is becoming toleralable too with not so much medication which will be goodfor everything.

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Surgery 9/9/2019

Mar 12, 2013 09:43PM ruthbru wrote:

Marian, eat a serving of prunes every day. Good for constipation issues, colon health, and good for your bones too.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1431 of 4,390 (43,899 results)

Scroll to top button