Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1432 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Mar 12, 2013 06:47PM odie16 wrote:

Claire, have a wonderful trip and enjoy a sunset for us.
Luvlulu, you inspire me. I am a super fast walker and do jog some but can't run very fast.

I did do another 2.5 miles tonight on the treadmill. Getting hubby ready to leave for his annual golf trip in the morning so looking forward to some extra exercise time over the next few days...

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 07:07PM balsie wrote:

I could not do a thing tonight~ I think I am coming down with something..yuck I ache all over!  Maybe I will workout in my dreams tonight.  ;>)

....and the weather man is saying we could get another 7 inches of snow before the weekend....

Goodnight everyone

Balsie

Dx 4/15/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 07:10PM _Ann_ wrote:

A "polar vortex"?  Never heard of that before.  Sounds like something out of a science fiction movie. :-)

Wow, I got super sweaty hoop dancing today.  I was using many new tips from the weekend workshop.  I had to take a walk just to cool off.  The workshop really broke me out of my rut.

Claire, I hope we get some Maui updates.  Marian, I recommend canned pears and Fiber One cereal in addition to the prunes.  Chemo does a number on your GI tract doesn't it?  This too shall pass.

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 08:33PM ginger48 wrote:

Balsie- I do accupuncture every two weeks and it really makes me feel great. Love reiki too. I have a good friend who does reflexology and that is amazing too! All these complimentary therapies are what helps me have enough energy to do my job.
Only 5,000 steps today...not feeling great from this antibiotic for my strep infection. Tomorrow is another day!

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2013 10:24PM hbcheryl wrote:

Claire hope you have a fabulous vacation.  Pat congratulations on finding your dress and shoes.  Lulu don't you love it when you shock yourself, you really were flying.  Lilac its funny it's exactly the same place but with different management and the new people are very nice and when my 7 day free trial is over I am going to sign up, it's convenient and that makes sense for me.  Balsie hope you are feeling better.  Ruth what in the heck is a polar vortex? I hate to tell you how lovely our weather is, we're in the 80's.  Tonight was Body Step class for me. 

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2013 12:41AM lilacblue wrote:

Cheryl, my gym is actually two gyms sort of.  The frist gym name was bought out by another gym yet they keep both names in contracts.  The older members pay less and have different gym times and the 'now' gym named members have another.  Also, the gym name that bought out the original gym is that of a well known Scottish rich jerk who, well read this (caution, this story will make your blood boil): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8896311/Cancer-survivor-banned-from-Bannatyne-gyms-after-court-case.html

Off to freestyle step wearing red for red nose day and a £1 in hand for the kitty.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 13, 2013 05:58AM NatsFan wrote:

Polar Vortex - scary stuff!!  And even scarier is that story, Lilac! I work for our local rec dept and we suspend our gym memberships all the time for people with health issues or even for people going on a month's vacation - gym software allows you do to that easily. I think you're being too kind to just call him a "jerk " - I could get a lot more colorful.  Marian - glad things are "moving" again - I had the same issue after my first chemo - I gulped Colace like candy after each of my tx after that.  Ginger and Balsie - feel better!  Cheryl - glad the new-old gym is OK with good people - you never know how that's going to turn out.

50 minute treadmill run after work yesterday, 30 minute elliptical this morning. 

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2013 06:22AM pat01 wrote:

Carol - 60 minutes is awesome!

Kind of a lazy day yesterday for me - a family problem kept me up the night before, so I was just dragging all day, and it was pouring here, so no exercise to speak of.  Did get up this morning and do classical stretch, and the sun is out (YAY) so I'll definitely try to fit a walk in at lunchtime.

I was super psyched to find dress and shoes on my very first shopping trip.  But this morning I was talking to DD and she told me the bridesmaid dresses have come in, and that they are navy lace on top and navy chiffon on bottom!  Uh-oh.  She doesn't seem to think it is a problem, but I'm freaking!  She is sending me a picture of the dress.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 13, 2013 09:54AM Cocobean wrote:

Last day of radiation was today-whoo-hoo! Yesterday did a 35 minute walk outside, cold, but at least the sun was out. Did 35 minutes of cardio this morning. Going to try to get some strenght training in this afternoon. 

Thanks to everyone for being such a great motivator and inspiration for me...I really think working out through radiation made really positive impact for me. Going to keep moving too!

Dx 6/18/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, 4/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 7/24/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy 9/18/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/18/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/27/2013

Mar 13, 2013 10:44AM LuvLulu07 wrote:

LB    Wow, that gym owner is an incredible jerk!!  ruth  Hope that you're surving the Polar Vortex.  pat  Great minds think alike!  Ginger  Hope those antibiotics kick in quickly and you're feeling better soon.  

Today was "Pi Day" (a day early) in the Middle School.  Had fun serving the kids and watching their fun Pi activities.  One middle schooler recited 200+ pi digits!   Oh the fresh minds of the young to be able to do this!  Of course I had to sample some pie too - chocolate cream and pumpkin   Laughing   

Day off from activity today - tomorrow will get in a pilates session with jumpboard - need to work off that pie!  

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1432 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Scroll to top button