Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1433 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Mar 13, 2013 06:35PM Carrol2 wrote:

ok worked today in reatil so on my feet a lot form 9:30 to 3:00 then walked the mall for an hour hainding out flyers. 

Dx 6/23/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/9/2010 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 10/5/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/3/2011

Mar 13, 2013 08:58PM wonderland wrote:

Cocobean: Congratulations on completing rads!

Hello all. Been sick but now better thanks to antibiotics. Walked with Leslie CD today.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 13, 2013 09:18PM badger wrote:

hi ladies, got in a walk at noon and logged 4k = 2.49 miles.

Cocobean, congrats on finishing rads!

LB, wow what an ass! Ripping off cancer patients. Was he a jerk before he got rich?

Get well soon Wonderland, Ginger & Balsie.

Joy, how fun - pi day for 3/14.  In two years they can celebrate 3/14/15.  Cool

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2013 10:07PM - edited Mar 13, 2013 10:08PM by Nicole503

Cocobean ~ congrats on completing radiation!!!

Took the first brisk after dinner walk of early spring with my husband. 

So great to both catch up and get exercise!  I love love love spring!!!

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 13, 2013 11:30PM - edited Mar 14, 2013 12:12AM by ruthbru

Science lesson for the day: "A polar vortex is a persistent, large-scaled cyclone located near one or both of a planet's geographical poles. Such events are often harbingers of colder weather in North America and Eurasia. The ongoing event favors colder and possibly stormier weather for as long as four to eight weeks after the event."

Hooray, Cocobean! I definitely think exercise helped me get through radiation better too.

Hope everyone gets/stays well. Lots of 'ick' going around this year.

Did 40 boring minutes on the treadmill & 20 of upper body with Denise Austin.

A gentlemen who lived at the same nursing home as my dad, and with whom we have gotten to be very good friends, passed away last weekend. We went to his viewing tonight. At 92, he was as 'with it' a person as you could find. He had had a very interesting life; all of which he could (and did) recount in great detail. I will miss him.

Here is a story you will enjoy: my teaching team asked if a college student could follow me around for a few days, observe, and teach a lesson (a requirement for a class he is taking). I said 'sure', and was envisioning either a muscular, ruggedly handsome football player, or a cute, slender artistic youth. Imagine my disappointment when the college student turned out to be a portly, middle-aged man with a bad cold! Surprised

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 12:32AM hbcheryl wrote:

Awww Ruth you make me laugh, ask them for a "do over" and request the muscular football playerWink  LB what a jerk, I certainly hope there is an uprising against him, he sounds like one of thse arrogant types who thinks he simply is always right.  We can also suspend our memberships here you just have to have doctors note, the people I feel sorry for in our gyms demise are those who prepaid 2 and 3 years in advance, their money is gone, I had a 2 year prepaid but mine expired next month and I figure for the times I used it they lost money on me.  Cocobean congratulations on being done with radiation.  Feel better Wonderland.  Oh Joy I love pie day tooTongue Out

Tonight was Body Combat, my young Vietnamese friend has been training to be an instructor and tonight he got to teach a portion of the class, he was so good, made me feel like a proud mama bear.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 06:58AM balsie wrote:

Ruth~ being in teaching myself .... I get it! I have been down that road.  Sorry for your loss, my Mom was just in the nursing home to recover for a bit, she would have lunch with the same ladies everyday, one of them was my highschool home ec teacher. Interesting place.  

Joy~I mentioned pi day to my husband, he got a funny look on his face and said " that is tomorrow" he is such a math nut. I explained you needed to do it a day early.  

cocobean~Congrats on your big day of finishing Rads! 

I will be doing a late workout because we have "spring" conference tonight.  I can't believe how fast this school year is going. 

Enjoy~ Balsie

Dx 4/15/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 09:48AM NatsFan wrote:

Cocobean - congrats!!  Ruth - LOL on the not-hunky college student. 

Two mile walk last night to our favorite Mexican restaurant - well, at least we walked before and after indulging.  And I was pretty good - just had a shrimp appetizer as my dinner.  Of course I still had chips, salsa, and margaritas. Surprised  20 minutes Pilates this morning - haven't done that DVD for a while and I could definitely feel it. 

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 11:41AM pat01 wrote:

Yay Cocobean - such a relief to have that behind you!

Beautiful day here yesterday, so I got out for my lunchtime walk.  Not so beautiful today, but I will try for another walk at noon.  Started to do my arms and crunches last night when I discovered one of my kitties regurgitated a partially digested animal all over my bedroom carpet - after I cleaned that up my stomach was turning so I forfeited my evening exercise.  No stretch for me this morning either, needed to get to work early, we have a senator visiting Friday and so much to do to get ready.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 14, 2013 02:48PM LuvLuLu wrote:

Nice run for me this morning. Then I read about the NE Journal of Medicine study about radiation being a heart risk.  I knew this, I guess, but I didn't know it 10 years ago when I had radiation after my first DCIS diagnosis.  I went blindly into it.  Now it's in my face because they take all extra precautions now which they didn't take then.

Do I have to worry every time I go out for a run????  As a runner, I always thought I was invincible, well I guess it ain't so.

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/9/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 10/1/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 1433 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Scroll to top button