Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1434 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Mar 14, 2013 02:00PM NatsFan wrote:

Luv - Why not ask your onc or your PCP?  I've worried about the heart damage from Adriamycin - my MUGA is still within normal range, but it went from high normal function before the Red Devil to just barely in the normal range after 6 treatments.  I've discussed this with my onc, and she has indicated a willingness to send me for a cardio consult if I experience any sort of issues, especially now that I'm ramping up my running.  I do experience shortness of breath going up hills or other times when I have to increase my effort, but at this point I'm attributing it to still getting into running shape.  But if it doesn't improve by the time I see my onc again in July, I will definitely ask for that cardio consult just to ease my mind. 

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 02:10PM LuvLuLu wrote:

Thank you, Nats, I think I will bring it up to my oncologist next time I see her - which is next month.

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/8/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/30/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/18/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 14, 2013 02:27PM lilacblue wrote:

I'm happy for you Cocobean, Joy my son would have loved Pi Day and Blasie, liked your husband's Pi Day tracking remark.  Mary Badger et all, Duncan Bannatyne is a rich creep and if my instructors and people at my gym were not so excellent and friendly, I would not pay a pound to him.  No doubt, the man is despicable.  Pat, any more thought's of your dress that hints to the bridesmaids? Luvlulu, I'm to start running when this snow and rain shift and looking to run Race For Life, along the top of the Clifts next to Dover in mid June.

Pilates and physio today.  Feeling good and forward movement.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 14, 2013 06:20PM Cocobean wrote:

Thanks everyone! Celebrated not going to rads today, by taking it easy and doing 45 min gentle yoga...planning on going to gym tomorrow.

Dx 6/18/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, 4/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 7/24/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy 9/18/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/18/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/27/2013

Mar 14, 2013 07:16PM badger wrote:

Got out for a nice noontime walk in the swirling snow on the Square.  So pretty and (hopefully) so fleeting.  But we're being hit by the edge of that polar vortex, so more snow on the way.

9,625 steps = 7.7 km = 4.79 mi for today.

patoo, missing you, can you hear my Voice?

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 09:09PM _Ann_ wrote:

Cocobean, congratulations!  Ruth, thanks for the science lesson.  That polar vortex sounds pretty exciting to visualize.  And boo for the non-hunky college student.  Joy, I can hardly believe anyone could memorize 200 digits of pi.  Wow!  I wonder how many years that kid will retain all that.

Another indoor hooping session followed by a cool-down walk.  My urge to have more space when hooping is fighting with my fear of attracting attention in public.  I don't have a good space in my yard.  I would like to find some nice expanse of grass with shade some day.

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 10:02PM odie16 wrote:

Cocobean - Namaste! Ruth, you must have my kind of luck. Agree you should ask for a do-over....Lol... Nats, the food & margaritas sound yummy!

I did another 4.5 miles tonight and arm exercises. Looking forward to the fitness center in my office building opening at the end of the month. Swimsuit season is coming! Eek!!!!

Happy Friday ladies!

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 10:11PM ginger48 wrote:

8,600 steps today. Making my way closer to my goal of 10,000.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2013 10:34PM ruthbru wrote:

This is what Dr. Nancy Snyderman said on the news tonight about that radiation study:

"Women undergoing breast cancer treatment today need to know that the technology has evolved significantly since the study started back in 1958. It's not just the doses of radiation that are different now, but more important, how precise they are. Radiation oncologists now have pinpoint accurate techniques that minimize or almost completely avoid the heart, reducing the chance for damage while still irradiating the breast tumor. We have come a long way in breast cancer radiation treatments and women should be reassured. Today's take home is that cancer patients have to take care of the rest of their health as well and pay attention their health during treatment." 

It was sunny and mild, so I got in a very nice walk after work (storm warning out for tomorrow again, so it's a short reprieve), and did 30 minutes abs/lower body with Denise Austin.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 15, 2013 12:34AM hbcheryl wrote:

Pat could you ask the store if they can get the dress in a different but complimentary color for you?  No cheesecake Nats, mmmmm that cheesecake was  good.....  Spin class tonight, not great but pretty decent.  

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1434 of 4,343 (43,424 results)

Scroll to top button