Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1436 of 4,352 (43,511 results)

Mar 16, 2013 10:30AM LuvLulu07 wrote:

Mary, so sad to hear of your turtle dove, wow 28 years!   pat  Yay on the dress!  cocobean  Congrats on no more rads!  

Awoke yesterday morning to a surpring 8+ inches of snow, a shocker because we've had 2 lovely weeks of an early spring.  So got out my new as yet unused ice running shoes, and had a glorious trail run/hike on the snow and ice for an hour!   Amazing shoes, no slipping - wish that I considered buying them before the very end of this winter season.  It was almost worth the price alone to see the amazed looks of hikers that I passed on the trail.   Surprised

Hugs and Happy Weekend ~

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 10:41AM odie16 wrote:

Nats, I am sorry about your turtle dove. Glad the weather is proving better for your 5k this morning.

I did another 4 miles on the treadmill last night and am off to the Pet Expo to see what goodies my fur babies need...lol Should get some good walking in there and will do some weights & arm exercises tonight.

Happy Saturday my sculpted friends.

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 12:25PM LuvLuLu wrote:

Vacuum & Sculpt for me today! That's about it! Wink

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/9/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 10/1/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 16, 2013 03:00PM marianelizabeth wrote:

3 k in the rain on Thursday followed by hours of nausea/vomiting for no good reason~~well maybe last week's surgery and still not all well. 4 k yesterday before the rain but fell over a blackberry root. No damage but unnerving~~no doubt due to the fact that I was trying to figure out how to take a photo with y new Iphone of a bald eagle right above me on a branch and I was not paying attention.

Hope to get out of my jammies this afternoon for another walk, maybe less of an adventure too.

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Surgery 9/9/2019

Mar 16, 2013 03:35PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

Back from Maui.  Had the most fabulous time, and really recommend it.  Not so much exercise-wise other than walks and a couple of amazing swims in the Pacific ocean.  Saw a lot of whales.

Mostly drove around the Island.  Lots of one track roads where my experience driving in the UK came in handy.  People didn't wave though which is what makes the UK experience so much fun.  I waved anyway.

Slept in, and doing laundry.  Frustrating experience as my eBay-PayPal link locks up, and I need to pay for something.  I may need to do this via my smart phone.  So far, I have been through eBay, Kapersky, with Microsoft and Sony left.  Infuriating.

Still need to pick up my bicycle and hopefully get in a ride.  4 months to the Seattle-to-Portland.

Funny story.  My friend and I went to an upscale restaurant for her birthday.  I was super-bummed as the food was mostly Pacific NW at twice the price!  This after interesting and moderately priced food at the hotel.  But really......I didn't go to Maui to eat salmon or Puget Sound oysters.  Should have looked for more Hawaiian-based.  I would have been a lot happier.  That said, I did get a locally-raised and freshly grilled elk burger and the salads were wonderful.  YUM. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 06:10PM Nicole503 wrote:

Claire_in_Seattle ~ Glad you had a great time in Maui.  We have only been once because the prices of everything were so crazy high.  We go to Cabo when we have a chance and enough reserve $ to get some wintertime sun.

Elliptical today for 30 minutes.  Almost back to the same intensity/duration I usually hit before this whole breast cancer chapter started.   It feels awesome to be bouncing back somewhat physically before I'm even done with chemo!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 16, 2013 08:44PM ruthbru wrote:

Yea, Nicole!

Hope you had a less adventurous day, Marian.

Glad you had fun, Claire. Hope you can figure out a way to break in and pay your bill!

Worked at school all morning, did some 'retail therapy' this afternoon, treadmill & lower body work. The leprechauns were doing tricks today, when I came out of school at noon there was a shamrock decal on my steering wheel!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 10:37PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

:) Ruth.

I ended up firing up my Kindle Fire and paid the eBay purchase within 10 minutes!  Not a real solution, but took away the crisis.

Went down to Pike Place and intended to get my bicycle, but ended up at the wine bar.  Was fun UNTIL the jackass husband/partner of a woman I was chatting with told me what a bad person I am for horning in on their conversation.  I am signing up for Cycle the WAVE in retalliation.  Tomorrow is the last day for super cheap.  Domestic violence is still with us.  I can't believe the men who don't get that "women as chattel" went out about 6 centuries ago with Sir Thomas More (the other St Thomas) educating his daughters during the reign of Henry VIII, followed by Elizabeth I.  Small brain, smaller spirit, even smaller other parts.

(He was so bad that I told him that his comments warranted that I give him a good smack, and THEN he told me I was being violent and he could bring me up on charges!!!  Of course, this was all about control, and his being the center of attention, and how dare I be more interesting.  WOW!!!)

I am glad to be home.  Local fresh food (Jerusalem artichokes and baby kale) with Alaskan cod, Emmer faro, and more wine for dinner.

Otherwise, the St Pat's party started last night here and is in full blast today.  I am glad to be hiding.  The best comment tonight was from one of the people tending bar.  They are selling necklaces of lighted shamrocks.  Her words: now the people can be as lit as the necklaces they are wearing!

Magnolias, daffodils, and cherry trees are out, so it really must be spring!

Back to reality in the AM.  Lots to do, and the great news is that the client I have worked with for almost 8 years is being mentioned in the book (Fat/Salt etc.) that just hit the NY Times best seller list.  Now THAT is something to celebrate. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 04:22AM Momine wrote:

Nicole, good for you on the exercise. That is impressive.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/20/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/9/2012 Surgery 3/8/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 17, 2013 07:20AM LuvLulu07 wrote:

Nicole  woohoo on getting back to it and feeling good.    Claire  Welcome back.  My brother and his wife lived in Maui for a brief 6 months - his new job there unfortunately did not work out.  So did not get the chance to visit, but I hear that it's just beautiful.   marian  Ouch - hope that you bounce back and feel better soon.  

Out for another Icebug run - I think that I found my new winter passion. It's a clear but very cold day - this will all change quickly, forecast of temps in the 50's on Wednesday!  

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1436 of 4,352 (43,511 results)

Scroll to top button