Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1437 of 4,342 (43,416 results)

Mar 17, 2013 12:13PM badger wrote:

welcome back Claire and way to go Joy!  Marian, hoping today is a better day for you.

90 minutes walking yesterday - did my regular 2.5 mile route to side one of an old mix tape, then (like you Nicole) was invigorated by exercise and wasn't ready to stop.  So I thought WWRD?  Flipped the tape over and did the route again to side two.  Temptations, ZZ Top, Maria Carey, Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine, and some classic Count Basie (Shout and Feel It).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPw21sEumcw

Started today peacefully with an hour of yoga & meditation and will walk later.  Nice & sunny but still 20 so will wait for the balmy 30's.  Making fish curry for supper.  See Wheat Belly thread for recipe.  Keep moving ladies!

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 04:07PM ruthbru wrote:

WHAAA! We are under another winter storm watch here for tonight and tomorrow....seriously, we are out of storm days and I will probably never be able to retire because I will be spending the rest of my life making up all the days we missed this year!

OK, end of rant.

Did an hour of toning, spent two hours writing Easter cards to all my old aunties, uncles, nephews, nieces and assorted relatives/friends, next on my list is a bunch of paperwork for school. I am making a yummy crockpot pork chops with gravy and yams recipe. I will make mashed potatoes to go with, as it is a 'comfort food' kind of a day!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 06:05PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Finally managed 5 k and no more nausea! Also sunny so a real treat to walk and bald eagle family now part of it near the river and this all from our house, no driving at all.

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Surgery 9/9/2019

Mar 17, 2013 07:14PM misswim wrote:

Can't catch a break. Figure out the anemia thing. Get a weird, pinching like rash........mention to onc. It's SHINGLES!!! Can't keep the medicine down and can't take it without eating, which then makes me sick. So the last two days I had to go to short stay and have the anti viral IV. Blech.

Still managed 7 straight days of yoga. Went skiing today. 

Coco- Congrats!!!

Our girlies under the weather- feel better.

Dieing to see Maui photos from Claire........

xo all

Dx 4/15/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/9/2011 AC + T (Taxol)

Mar 17, 2013 07:21PM Cocobean wrote:

Marian, glad you are feeling better.
Claire, sounds like a great trip and I love hearing about the spring flowers blooming, means it will get here sooner or later...hopefully sooner.
Misswim, geez! Hang in there girl, you have been through the wringer lately, impressed about yoga and skiing...keep it up and things will get better!

Did cardio and strength training on Friday and hour of cardio on sat, and rested today!

Dx 6/18/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, 4/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 7/25/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy 9/19/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/19/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/28/2013

Mar 17, 2013 07:33PM - edited Mar 17, 2013 08:49PM by 1Athena1

Hello, everyone. I am new to this thread and I hope you will forgive me if I don't read it all!

So here is my fitness/non-fitness story: I gained weight after cancer thanks to Lupron, Tamoxifen, and the fact that every bloody time I finally got into a great routine at the gym I needed another surgery for breast reconstruction or something or other. I have a pot belly that I loathe and shopping is depressing.

Losing weight and being fit is part of my lifestyle goal to help prevent recurrence - that is probably my prime motivator, with vanity reasons coming a close second. 

I am no longer on Tamox. or Lupron. I was only 10 percent er-positive and 1 percent pr-positive, so sometimes I think of myself as a triple neg-er. I like muscle building (weight bearing exercise, as you all know, is recommended for triple negs) and hate endurance and am too ditzy to play group sports, so being a gym rat suits me perfectly. I happen to belong to the best club in town, so I have my pick of machines, classes, etc....

I am about to embark on week 3 of an intermediate muscle building workout plan that I found on the web. Here is the page: http://www.workouttrainer.com/. You can create a free account and follow whatever workout routine suits your goals and needs. It is the site attached to my favorite fitness magazine, Muscle & Fitness Hers. I love quick, high velocity bursts of energy and strength. I feel soooo relaxed and de-stressed afterwards.

Anyway, I am holding my feet to the fire for this one. No surgeries scheduled, so no excuses! The program I am following goes on for four months, I loathe my bugs bunny belly, and I want to regain the body I had when cancer first gave me the chance to go for those wonderful b-cups for the price of a co-pay.

I am glad to find this thread.

So here is my accountability for today: I did go to club, did legs, biceps, triceps, abs and some stretching. I have to follow this plan five days per week.

I blame all typos on my bipolar spell checker! :-)

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 08:34PM - edited Mar 17, 2013 08:38PM by wonderland

Athena: Welcome! So glad you have joined us. I like your dedication. Thanks for sharing your link - I plan to check it out.

misswim: Oh no - not shingles! So sorry! Hoping you start to feel better SOON!

Mariane: Yea! No more nausea. Too cool about the bald head eagle family.

Good evening ALL! I haven't posted in awhile but I've been keeping up my exercise: walking/running at the park or "walking" with Leslie via tape. DD was home this past week for Spring Break and she left to go back today. I already miss her. Hoping ds comes for a visit this week. 

Have a great week everyone!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 17, 2013 08:45PM badger wrote:

hi ladies and welcome Athena.  This is a great place for accountability & support.

misswim - OMG shingles?  Sorry!  Glad you still managed yoga & skiing though.

(I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.)

Walked this afternoon 5 miles in approx 90 minutes.  Snow tomorrow here too.

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 11:36PM ruthbru wrote:

misswim, good grief!

Hi Athena! Glad to see you here.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 04:12AM - edited Mar 18, 2013 04:13AM by lilacblue

Hi Athena and great you are going into week three.  Misswim, hope the shingles clear soon, Marinne, you amaze me and keep at it, Nicole, you too! Welcome back Claire and that was quick.

Off to bodystep and pilates at the gym. 

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Page 1437 of 4,342 (43,416 results)

Scroll to top button