Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1438 of 4,362 (43,612 results)

Mar 18, 2013 05:51AM LuvLuLu wrote:

Welcome, Athena! This is a wonderful, motivating thread.  Your workout sounds great - I love weights too but I also love running, long, slow distance suits me just fine.  I do throw in a couple of interval workouts during the week, which I despise, but I guess they work.

MORE SNOW COMING IN FOR US TONIGHT!  Will this winter never end? 

HIIT treadmill workout this morning, followed by shoulders.  My son was at the gym so it was great "bonding" time.

Keep moving, everyone.

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 9/8/2002 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/30/2002 Breast Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes Surgery 7/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy 8/18/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 18, 2013 06:26AM Momine wrote:

Welcome Athena, the more the merrier.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/19/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/12/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/8/2012 Surgery 3/7/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 18, 2013 09:46AM NatsFan wrote:

Thanks for all the condolences on our little turtle dove's passing.  For the first time in years we just have dogs - no cats and no birds.  Strange feeling.  Misswim - yikes!  You're just not getting any breaks lately, are you. Cry I'm so sorry - things have to get better soon.   Claire - your trip sounds lovely!  Marian - be careful - but I can see how you wouldn't be watching your feet in the excitement of spotting a bald eagle.  Cool!  Joy - your ice running shoes sound great.  Athena - good to see you - this is a great group to keep you motivated!

Did our St. Pat's 5K Saturday - the rain/snow held off till just after the race.  A woman I've "met" on the March 2013 chemo thread who lives near the race came out to cheer us on - just two days after her second chemo tx.  What a trouper!  Seeing her definitely put a spring in my step as I managed a sub-12 minute mile pace for the first time ever in a race.  I know that's slow, but my first race was close to 13 minute miles, so I've made some progress.  We won't talk about the winner who ran the entire 5K in 15 and a half minutes! Surprised 

2 mile walk last night, and 30 minute yoga DVD this morning.  We're having snow flurries - go away winter!!!

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 09:47AM pat01 wrote:

Kind of in an exercise slump - best intentions but then turn in to a couch potato.  But the sun is out here today, so I will walk at lunch.  There - I said it, so now I have to do it.

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 18, 2013 11:15AM Adey wrote:

pat01- Me too!  Here we go again C25K, W1W1, blah!

BMX 5/28/10, TAC x 6 last one 1/04/11, Rads finished 3/29/11, Bilateral Gap in NOLA 12/6/11, Stage two NOLA 3/15/12, Stage 2B in Charleston 8/31/12, bone mets Stage IV. Dx 5/5/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 11:28AM claire_in_seattle wrote:

Back at work today....well, did some yesterday, so things continue.  Mostly the brain tumor organization, but a project of paid work coming up. YAY!!!  I think more to come as my client was just featured in book now on the NY Times bestseller list.

Got in a 20 mile ride yesterday with cherry trees and daffodils in bloom.  So spring really is here!  It was windy too, so got extra exercise just staying upright!

St Pat's dinner was just great.  Friends were blissed out.  Leftover soda bread awaits me for breakfast.  Red flannel hash later this week.

More later.  Promise to post a Maui pic when I get a chance. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 03:16PM LuvLulu07 wrote:

Did 40 minutes of a pilates mat routine and stretch.  Stayed inside for activity as it was 35 degrees and yucky outside today - shifted off and on from raining sleet to snow, come on Spring - I know you're here somewhere!!  

Welcome Athena!  Mary  congrats on that race time!  misswim  Hoping you get a break from ailments soon!  welcome back wonderland   

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 03:27PM _Ann_ wrote:

Mary, congrats on your personal best in the 5k.  Misswim, yikes, sorry about the shingles!  Claire, I cringed when reading about the wine bar guy-- unpleasant confrontations with strangers are the pits.  Athena, welcome!

I was absent from the boards all weekend but I did hoop both days.  Spent the weekend at the hubby's house which has a cathedral ceiling in the living room.  Finally I could practice overhead tosses indoors :-)  It made him a bit nervous but I didn't break anything.

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 04:47PM 1Athena1 wrote:

Thank you for the wonderful welcome, everyone.

Badger - aren't we former 9-letter word comarades? You were always the best player.

Mary, congrats on your time - that officially qualifies you to be an FBI agent as far as the fitness portion goes (women = 12:10 for the mile).

Claire - you are clearly a great athlete.

pat01 - I hope you managed that walk.

Just got back from club - week three, day 1.

I did:

Legs

shoulders

back

abs (30 x 5! Just two weeks ago I could barely manage 40.)

Tomorrow I take a rest. I get two days off per week under this plan.

I WISH we had snow - we've only had dark, cloudy days. We got some flakes for about 10 minutes this morning.

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2013 04:56PM ruthbru wrote:

Athena, I will try to send our snow your way! We had another day off due to snow + 40 mph winds (ie a blizzard). Our school year will now stretch into the scheduled summer vacation. Cry I did take advantage of being trapped in the house by doing a bunch more paperwork, 30 minutes on the treadmill & my old, old 70 minute Jane Fonda Workout tape.

Mary, you can run down the street and get your FBI application! Cool!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1438 of 4,362 (43,612 results)

Scroll to top button