Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4341 of 4,342 (43,416 results)

May 13, 2022 03:58PM karen1956 wrote:

Ruth - it was a nice dinner with DS - we chatted more than we normally do.

Gorgeous day out today - sunny, blue sky, not too windy nor too hot.

Have a great Friday!

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

May 14, 2022 12:37PM ruthbru wrote:

Snuck away from the dogs and went to Pound this morning.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 14, 2022 01:17PM sarahmaude wrote:

Well, is it okay if I post intent to exercise? Not sure where I've shared, but I ended up neutropenic this week. And had a mysterious infection. Had blood cultures done, so I may find out, or may never find out. But crap, I thought that my neulasta injection would keep that from happening on my first treatment. Nadir was freaking nadir. Headache, fatigue, and some weird kidney-ish pain. I got started on antibiotics and they gave me a bag of fluids.

Anyhow, I felt much better yesterday, but didn't try much movement. Today I plan to run to Home Depot to pick up just a few annuals and plant them outside the window where I have my telework office. Later, I'm going to try my 30 minute walk again. I plan to wear a mask and gloves while planting to avoid any further infection risk, though I suspect I'm better enough today.

Will get new labs on Tuesday. I'm hoping that I'll recover well and that I can get through my planned treatments because I really need that risk reduction with my ugly spawn of Norman Bates tumor cells...

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 14, 2022 01:38PM ruthbru wrote:

Yuck, sarahmaude, that sounds awful. Glad you are feeling better today. I find that if I post what I plan to do for exercise, there is a better chance that I actually do it!

I just got done picking up fallen branches and digging out dandelions.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 15, 2022 12:01PM beginagain22 wrote:

SarahMaude,

You have been on my mind. I’m sorry to hear that you have been feeling crappy. I hate that you are dealing with neutropenia so early in the battle. Hopefully the cultures will turn something up so you will know what caused it, might give you a heads up on what to avoid. Planting flowers always makes me feel better!

Keep us posted on how you are doing, those chemo soldiers are obviously doing their job, just maybe a little to well.

Feel better, hugs

Surgery 3/18/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Cryotherapy (Right); Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/25/2022

May 15, 2022 12:22PM sarahmaude wrote:

Well, no exercise for me yesterday. Took bags of donations to the thrift store. Helped with loading and unloading. After that had my weird throbbing pains around my kidneys return. Still no results from the blood cultures. I do think I'm better. If nothing else I'll get new labs on Tuesday.

I think I'll shoot for really small today. Walk around our cul-de-sac and see how that goes.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 15, 2022 06:23PM ruthbru wrote:

Gosh, if you don't get the results by tomorrow, sarahmaude, call and start bugging them!

We are in the car coming back from the graduation party for DS's GF's twin brothers. Since I ate about 5 cupcakes, I better do something when I get home!

May 15, 2022 07:36PM sarahmaude wrote:

Ruthbru, 5 cupcakes! I look forward to being able to taste sweets again. I had a cup of green tea made with matcha and grapefruit flavor. Sweetened with agave syrup, it was actually a nice treat.

It sounds like an enjoyable graduation party! Nice the twins graduated together. My girls were split into different classes in 1st grade. They kept unfairly comparing themselves, so I’m glad we did. They’ve stayed very close and are confident in following their own paths. One twin graduated a couple of weeks ago. The other has two semesters left.

I’ll be watching the patient portal tomorrow morning and will check in the afternoon if nothing. I’m on cipro, so it covers a lot. My biggest urge is making sure I’m as well as possible so I don’t have to delay or reduce my treatment on the 25th.

May 16, 2022 08:26PM ruthbru wrote:

Went to Pound & spent most of the rest of the day cleaning the house. It was a beautiful day so we did take Bruno for a hike......something we won't be doing again for awhile. Due to all the rain & the temps warming up, a HUGE crop of woodticks have emerged. Even though we people were covered with spray containing DEET & Bruno has taken his prescription anti-tick pill, I ended up with 6 ticks, DH 12, and Bruno (who ran through the tall grass) had 18!!!!! ShockedPlus I later found a couple in the house. One crawling across the front hallway and another climbing up the wall in the kitchen! I still can feel them crawling all over me....ShockedShocked

May 17, 2022 12:13PM - edited May 17, 2022 12:16PM by trmtab

Re-injuried my knee in my distraction of seeing I had a positive covid test...

Devil

My husband tested positive on Saturday...I had two negative test before now positive...ugh. I was walking in circles trying to sort out how to finish off items at work, we have our graduation this weekend, when I got distracted and there you go!

I have to isolate through Friday (given when symptoms started on Sunday)...so Saturday if my symptoms dissipate, I can wear a mask and be in public, so can certify folks to graduate. Fingers crossed.

Just this week the mychart portal for my Dr no longer said I was fully vaccinated...it was 3 of 3, now it is 3 of 4...so will get my second booster asap 10-15 days after last symptoms.

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+

Page 4341 of 4,342 (43,416 results)

Scroll to top button