Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4349 of 4,390 (43,900 results)

Jun 14, 2022 09:44PM wonderland wrote:

Karen: I agree with Ruth. Closet stuff tends to multiple! Also in garages, at least in mine it does. Yard work stuff, bird feeder stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff. Argh!

Claire: Really like your new apartment! How nice that you have a fire place. That's a sweet kitchen - and it has a pantry!

I haven't been exercising regularly. The heat and humidity (97, 98 degrees) arrived on Monday and has not let up. We are supposed to have a break this weekend. I'm meeting a friend to go hiking on Saturday and I'm thankful for the predicted heat break.

I have been painting some. I found these cute wooden cutouts for 70% off and couldn't resist.The 2 flowers are 6 inches. The top one is for the Girl Scout I mentioned who organized a gay pride parade for her Gold Award project. The second one is for a friend who has been diagnosed with bc for a 2nd time 10 years after the first diagnosis. 10 years ago she had a lump. and radiation. This time it's a mx (in the other breast), chemo, and radiation. She's 74 and I've been calling her every couple of weeks to see how she's managing. The summer cutout is just something fun for the deck. Salem the cat kept swishing it with his tail when I was taking the picture lol.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 14, 2022 10:22PM ruthbru wrote:

Love all of those, Wonderland!

It was North Dakota's primary election today & I spent the whole day (6:30am-7:00pm) working at the polls. It was very interesting & informative, but not much exercise (unless you count getting up to get coffee, water, pop, and cookies).

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 15, 2022 12:02AM karen1956 wrote:

Wonder - the cut outs are cute

The thing with the blankets were little "meale" works or something similar - sure wasn't going to open the bag and touch them to see if any were still good!!! I don't remember all the blankets that were in the bag, but they were all wool. Some were over 60 years old. They were white and maybe an inch and thin. They were in one of those zippered bags that bedding comes in. Even seeing the bag in the trashed gave me the heebie, jeebies!! I really haven't been in the under the stairs closet for over 5 or 6 years - it's off my son's old bedroom and when he was here, I tended not to go in there. Today I started on the file cabinet - found papers from 1977!!!!! Talk about out of sight out of mind. I opened the middle 2 drawers (4 drawers) and they are full!!! Kid stuff, articles and who knows what. Also two boxes of school work I saved from my kids - and tossing most of it. Anything sentimental, I'm putting aside for another time - letters, birthday cards etc.

Ruth - my late mother used to work the polls. Here, mail in ballots are the main way to vote.

Sweet dreams

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 15, 2022 02:37AM ginger48 wrote:

Everything looks beautiful, Claire!

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 15, 2022 12:31PM - edited Jun 15, 2022 12:32PM by ruthbru

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women this morning.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 15, 2022 07:50PM wonderland wrote:

Karen: I'm getting heebie jeebies just visualizing the bag of blankets!

Ruth: Your WWW picture looks refreshing with the clear blue sky and water. And everyone is wearing long sleeves!

Hot is the word. I got up early and walked/ran this morning before it was miserable. Need to get in as much activity I can tolerate in the heat before Monday bc I'm having one of my wisdom teeth removed then. Ugh!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 16, 2022 10:27PM wonderland wrote:

Walked/ran early this morning before the day heated up.

Jun 16, 2022 11:00PM ruthbru wrote:

Sorry about your wisdom tooth, Wonderland. That isn't a fun day!

Pound this morning, Barre Sculpt in the afternoon, Book Club tonight. A nice but very windy day. I have a garbage can full of branches I picked up from the yard.

Jun 16, 2022 11:04PM - edited Jun 17, 2022 08:40AM by karen1956

The heat is on - walked early this morning and then at 8pm tonight. Also treated myself to a mani/pedi and it is around the corner - 9 minute walk so I walked there.

Spent several hours in the under the stairs closet - the file cabinet is done as is the bookshelf - now I just have to go through the stuff I put aside - or not and just put it in a plastic box - its mostly sentimental stuff like cards, photos, letters etc. Tossed the kids report cards going back to the early 90s, most of the work I saved and tossed lots of articles etc that were in the file cabinet and 2 milk crates. A lot of the articles and journals were from grad school which I finished in 1990!!! Now just have to wait for overflow trash pick up in 2 weeks.

Found a few gems among all the "stuff" - a leather purse and satchel that is some name brand that DH is going to sell on eBay - also two Dooney and Burke purses that are brand new that my brother sent to the late mother. They have been sitting in a closet for 4 1/2 years.

Wonder - good luck with the wisdom teeth removal. My two younger kids had theirs out - but I don't remember when my son had his taken out. My oldest daughter never got wisdom teeth. DH had his taken out in college and I still have 3 of 4 of mine.

Supposed to be at least 95 tomorrow - heat warning. Will walk by 8 and again as the sun goes down.

Sweet dreams.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 17, 2022 04:00PM - edited Jun 17, 2022 04:01PM by celiac

Hello all! Have not been on in quite a while. Seems like the "bugs" on the site have been resolved. Just back from a lovely vacation on the Chesapeake Bay - private beach a short walk away, quiet & serene location. NY City kids (daughter & wife) took the train to Baltimore and were able to join us. Wonderful food, drinks and weather was great. Wish I knew how to kayak, as 2 kayaks were available for use.

Returned to very hot weather here in greater Cinci and some bad storms blew through. Power outages for 3 days experienced by some, but we were ok.

Claire - great place you have there!

Ruth - Sounds like you had a great sendoff your dear uncle! Happy memories to see you through the grief process.

Wonderland - Good luck w/wisdom teeth removal!

Jumping back on the exercise train - took gear with me, but did not exercise after all. It is tough getting back into it after 9 days "off".

Everyone in the heat - stay cool and stay hydrated!

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/21/2016 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 4349 of 4,390 (43,900 results)

Scroll to top button