Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4350 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Jun 17, 2022 08:53PM wonderland wrote:

celiac: Good to see you again! Your trip to the Chesapeake Bay sounds delightful.

Karen: Your closet cleaning is coming along. Hope you find more gems!

Ruth: Picking up branches is definitely exercise.

Push mowed today for 80 minutes. I split the time up into 40 minutes, rest, and another 40 minutes. Dh did the same with his mowing time. We are down to one mower bc the 2nd one is broken and dh hasn't taken it to be repaired. I'm ready to get rid of it and get a new one.

Weather has been miserable, today included. But, a storm blew through this evening and the weekend will be cooler with low humidity and dewpoint! I'm meeting a friend tomorrow to go hiking and I'm very happy about the weather.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 18, 2022 09:40AM ruthbru wrote:

I walked & did some toning at home yesterday and am off to Yoga Strength in a few minutes. The next few days sound brutal in the weather department (what many of you deal with all summer long). I will close up the house & turn on the air conditioning when I get home from class. A lady I know operates a small green house in the spring & early summer. She is closing down now & brought me 5 flats of FREE leftover flowers! I have the not bad problem of figuring out what to do with them. I either am going to buy some planters the fit over a deck railing (for my back deck if DH ever gets done sanding & staining it) or get some shepherds hooks put hanging baskets by the fence in the backyard (anything on the ground will get trampled and/or dug up by dogs). I don't dare plant them until it cools down a little so will probably drag all the flowers into the basement for the next couple days.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 18, 2022 09:07PM coffeelatte wrote:

I have been off the board for a while. Both my husband and I had Covid and we have been recovering for the pasts few weeks. He got sick first and was put in the hospital after three days to get hydrated and the monoclonal antibodies. That treatment really helped him as he was ailing fast. It was an eye-opener for us because he is so healthy, active, fit and is never sick. I am slowly getting better but I have more fatigue and shortness of breath compared to DH. I did not receive any treatment because when I consulted my doctor over the telephone she did not feel I needed anything other than over the counter meds. Like Ginger I worry about this dragging out into a longer recovery but I am trying to stay active when I feel like it and I am getting some walks and bike rides in so that really lifts my spirits. I am not as healthy as my husband so I have to try harder! I have been a diabetic for over 45 years so exercise and healthy eating are my lifelines.

I hope everyone stays healthy and is able to work around the heat.

Dx 7/2/2013, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 8/12/2013 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right)

Jun 18, 2022 11:56PM - edited Jun 19, 2022 03:27PM by wonderland

coffeelatte: I am so sorry you and your dh got covid! May you both continue to recover and regain your strength and endurance back. Heart

Ruth: Planters and/or shepherd hooks are a good solution for your new flowers.

Hiked 6 miles today with a good friend. I haven't seen her since April last year and we had a lot to catch up on. The trail went through corn fields, woods, small mountains, open fields, and ended in a long peaceful cascade. It was a beautiful day with low humidity and dewpoint. The trail is maintained by a hiking group in the town which is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. They use unique markers for the trail such as the bear in the picture.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 19, 2022 10:17PM karen1956 wrote:

Not as much walking today as I have been getting - just over 12K.

Back in the under the stairs closet going through the stuff I'm keeping. Lots of photo envelopes - turns out most are just the negatives or pictures that didn't get put into a photo album because too dark. Found a photo of me and my mother from 1993 that I want to frame - great picture. Still some more to go through and then bring up the books to give away and the trash bags to throw out. When that is done, I will tackle my "office/spare bedroom" which mostly needs organizing and things put away - too many things on the futon and I want to put a quilt that my late MIL had in her guest bedroom.

Tomorrow I have my annual check up with my PCP. Copied all my labs (I think 5) since I saw her last June. Don't need to repeat CMP (I've had 3) or TSH that I had last month. The other two are kidney panels. I need to see if she wants to take over or have me still see nephrologist annually. Nephrologist gave me the choice last August and I told him I would ask my PCP.

DH grilled chicken wings for dinner. Yummy.

Wonder - your hike sounds wonderful. Love the bear marker

Coffeelatte - sorry to hear about Covid. Hope you and your DH are well soon.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 20, 2022 09:12AM ruthbru wrote:

Coffee, so sorry to hear about your & DH's Covid scare. Glad that you are both on the mend. When I had Covid (early on, before they really had any effective treatments or vaccinations), I wasn't sick enough to land up in the hospital, but it took me a long time to feel 'normal'. I would feel like I hit a wall & had to just quit whatever I was doing, I could NOT push through! It's good that you are walking and getting out.

Wonderland, it looks like a lovely hike.

Good luck with your checkup today, Karen.

Yesterday it was so hot and miserable (heat index was 107), that I did no aerobic exercise at all. I went to yoga where the teacher led us in a very gentle, no heat building, workout. Today is supposed to be hot & stormy after which the our temperatures & humidity will go back to normal. I bought the shepherds hooks & planters so am itching to get the flowers in! I am going to Dance2fit this morning & Pound later this afternoon......weather or not!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 20, 2022 01:44PM sarahmaude wrote:

A quick update from me. I’m muddling through the post treatment effects of TC treatment number 3. My activity since then is almost zero. I got really grumpy before the treatment date knowing that my feeling of energy and strength was about to be torpedoed again. I’d been wearing my Apple Watch agin and hitting move goals just running errands and hanging out with my daughter. I made some of my block of the month quilt blocks and cooked a meal, or two. This weekend was just yucky. Mostly just fatigue. Also a sore tongue, and foods don’t taste good. Had very low grade fever yesterday, but that seems resolved today. I was able to read some good books, so it sure could have been worse. Yesterday I felt well enough to do a little hand appliqué while I watched Brokenwood Mysteries.

I have one last chemo cycle starting on July 6. I don’t plan to ring any bells. The chemo itself is pretty manageable. It’s the after effects that get me. I simply won’t feel done with anything just because they take out a needle.I go for my RO consult on 7/8. Expected date to start rads is 7/25. I need to think of a quick vacation the week prior. Somewhere less hot than here for sure!

I enjoy keeping up with all of you who are living your best post treatment lives. I’m looking forward to that sort of normalcy soon.

Wonderland, I love your cut out paintings. Really striking!

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

Jun 20, 2022 02:37PM ruthbru wrote:

sarahmaude, compared to chemo, I found radiation a piece of cake I actually found my energy returning during it. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Yes, take a little vacation between. Somewhere cool (if you can find anyplace in the country that is cool!)

Jun 20, 2022 09:52PM karen1956 wrote:

Sarahmaude - good luck with your last chemo. As with Ruth, radiation was much easier for me than chemo. Remind me where you live. Maybe the NW - everywhere seems to be hot!! The Colorado mountains don't get quite as hot as Denver. Usually 10 F degrees cooler.

Pretty much done with the under the stairs closet - I have 5 large/lawn and leaf size bags ready for the trash. Psychology books to go to Goodwill or will post on a School Psych page on fb to see if any newbies are interested in ancient books!!! Someone told me to keep an old test for sentimental value - not doing!!! In the hall by the two bedrooms in the basement is an old, sort of broken dresser that I need to see what is lurking in there to throw out of give away. I have 1 box of kid stuff - school work over the years, 2 small plastic containers with lids with keepsakes - card and baby stuff plus the baby toys which I won't give away without the girls permission. I don't think my son cares. One year, my DH and I gave each other the same anniversary card - found it today - I have save many anniversary and birthday cards. The most special birthday cards are the ones the kids made when they were little.

All good at my annual check up. I see the NP (my PCP retired a few years ago and I don't know my new PCP, but I really like the NP and have known her for years). She will follow my kidney status. I mentioned that nephrologist did a kidney panel and she said that is just a shorter version on the CMP - my oncologist does a CMP and CBC at each visit so I will share results with her. No cholesterol this year - she said numbers were good last year so skip a year. Labs drawn for Vitamin D level and parathyroid since calcium is slightly elevated. Due for colonoscopy in August and DEXA in a year. I can't schedule colonoscopy till August as my insurance changes August 1st. NP thinks I need a referral with new insurance. With current insurance I don't. I think she spent 45 minutes with me!!! Now I need to email nephrologist and update him and cancel my appointment for August.

Jun 21, 2022 11:17AM karen1956 wrote:

Good Tuesday morning - great 45 minute walk - it's still very pleasant out only low 60s. High is only supposed to be 82 so I'll get a couple more walks in today. Will go around lunch time. Going to go some weeding in the front yard, then try to organize all the give aways. DH is working with the president of his company today, so I won't see him till after dinner. Long day for him.

Have a great Tuesday.

Page 4350 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Scroll to top button