Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4353 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Jun 29, 2022 05:14PM wonderland wrote:

Karen: Love reading about your deep cleaning. Very motivating. I need to get back in the mood.

Ruth: I would have creeped out with all those ticks! Great picture of WWW.

On Sunday we went to visit my ds for his birthday. Saw the movie Everything Everywhere All at Once. It's a crazy movie! Plus, I haven't been in a movie theater since 2019 and maybe 2018. Today I met a friend to walk and talk.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 30, 2022 05:24AM karen1956 wrote:

Nice long walk with gf yesterday morning - about 10K steps - 2 laps around Wash Park takes at least 1.5 hours. It was hot, but not baking as the sun was not out. Hot enough that my hands swelled up. She is a former work friends from my old district and she retired as a health para after 25 years. We've stayed friends in the 13 years since I left.

Thought I had started a report - at least the graph part - spent an hour looking for it and couldn't find it - so started over. Doing a lot of copy/paste for the write up and still need to do the graph. We have an internal team meeting this afternoon and then figure out when the IEP meeting will be. With my travel only a couple available dates before hopefully we leave. It might have to be right before school starts.

We are flying AC and a little worried as we got a generic email from AC stating all their woes as with all airlines and ultimately they are going to be cutting flights. They said they wanted to do it sooner than later so people had time to prepare instead of last minute cancellations. Tme will tell. Its 12 days away.

Today is DH's last day and then he is retired. They had a 'happy hour' last night with his co-workers and he heard lots of positives and then a few personal phone calls. If I don't mind saying so myself, DH was in a league of his own - one of the best in. his field!! They will be hard shoes to fill. I got DH a great retirement card and a gift that he will enjoy.

Have a great Thursday.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 30, 2022 06:09AM ruthbru wrote:

Congratulations to DH, Karen! Retirement after a rewarding career is something to celebrate! I hope your travel plans come off okay. A good friend of mine & her two daughters are on a three -years- delayed trip to Germany. She has been posting pictures on Facebook so I know she has made it there in one piece! Pound, Dance2fit, dusting and vacuuming are on my schedule for today.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 30, 2022 08:57PM wonderland wrote:

Karen: Congratulations to your dh! How exciting for him and you! He sounds like an amazing man with a brilliant career.

Ruth: Please come clean my house.

Walked early this morning. We go to the beach Saturday so I have been busy getting ready, packing, etc. This will be the 34th year we have been vacationing at the beach with my side of the family. Didn't go in 2020 but we did last year. Because we didn't get together for Christmas in 2020, we played Dirty Santa (it's like White Elepant, or Yankee Swap) while at the beach. Instead of calling it Dirty Santa since it was July, we called it Dirty Sandy Claws. Didn't get together for Christmas last year so playing DSC again this year. Looking forward to next week!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 1, 2022 06:47AM ruthbru wrote:

Have a wonderful week, wonderland! I really hate cleaning so will NOT be coming over and doing your house (plus, it wouldn't be that clean because I cut corners!). We always have a big backyard picnic on the 4th of July so I am getting ready for that, plus my brother & SIL will be here for a couple days, so I have to do bedding etc. as well. Today I want to get the rest of the food, wash windows, clean the kitchen & bathrooms. It is a lovely day, so I will go for a dog walk as well.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 1, 2022 07:10AM karen1956 wrote:

Wonder - have fun at the beach. Ruth have a fun party on the 4th.

Our July 4 plans are grilling chicken wings - no plans. We hope to go to the mountains for a couple days on the 5th to do some hiking, then it will be time to start getting ready for our trip. Getting a little nervous as I hear the national news about all the airline problems - that things won't get better till after Labor Day then come Thanksgiving things will get bad. Just heard that airlines are cancelling flights and their schedules today :( :(

Slow start this morning. Woke up at 4:30 and should have gotten up then. Went back to sleep and didn't get up till after 6. It's now after 8 and time to get busy!!

Have a great Friday and long week-end.

Jul 1, 2022 10:28AM ruthbru wrote:

Enjoying a County Road!

Jul 1, 2022 04:37PM notascalmasilook wrote:

the year is half over. I’m right on track. Or, ahead

Dx 7/2020, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/12 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 1, 2022 05:05PM karen1956 wrote:

The heat is on - mid to high 90s over the next week!!

Ruth - Bruno is so regal

Have a great week-end

Jul 2, 2022 07:55AM claire_in_seattle wrote:

I have been off on an adventure, not exercising, but doing a flying trip to Seattle staying with one friend and catching up with others. The great news is that the city appears to be recovering from its low point though still has a way to go. Since I still have a transit pass, I bussed it in. I can say that the ridership of the #21 bus is "colorful." I picked up my wine club shipment. Exercise was walking around the city and lugging stuff.

Got home Thursday afternoon and yesterday was getting my bicycle flat fixed and finally a new type of rim tape to prevent this. I am a bit annoyed that they didn't do this in the first place to my front tire. Will be off in a bit to get in 20 miles before it heats up outside. Then farmers market and I think I will launch my kayak in the river where the current has now calmed down. Or I may go for a swim. My water shoes come tomorrow which will make the whole kayaking thing easier.

Bruno is quite the handsome young man. I got in quite a bit of doggy loving this past week as well including the doggy who normally doesn't like people. I feel so honored.

This fourth, I am doing something that I never done before, an evening out with friends which includes a buffet dinner and front row seating for fireworks over Lake Coeur d'Alene. It should be fun.

I am with you Ruth on taking cleaning shortcuts where possible. I have to say that I am enjoying having mop-able floors in the living room and trafficked areas. No more off-white carpet, a losing battle. Having an electric broom to pick up crumbs, etc. is a life saver as well. So easy to keep it all under control. Though with stairs up to my car, I do take more trips to unload everything.

Think of you with the files. I need to refile everything from the move into my new cabinet and toss about 70% of everything. I now have a deadline before company comes at the end of the month. But I shall pay Staples to get rid of everything even though I do now have a shredder. My goal is to keep current going forward. Speaking of cleaning, I think a trip through the fridge might not be the worst of ideas.

I don't think I posted this.... Pictures from last week's kayak adventure. Happy adventures! - Claire

May be an image of 2 people and lake

May be an image of 1 person, lake and nature

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 4353 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Scroll to top button