Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4359 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Jul 21, 2022 08:19AM wonderland wrote:

Claire: So nice to have a swimming beach nearby!

Ruth: Bruno needs a puppy friend in your home.

Been in the NC mountains. Ds solo backpacked for 3 days and 30 miles. It wasn't a loop trail so dh and I said we would pick him up at the trailhead at the end of the trail. This trailhead happens to be located in a boy scout camp. We were there for a couple of hours before ds emerged from the trail. Since I'm still involved in Girl Scouts, I was disappointed to see girls at the the boy scout camp. They need to be at our great Girl Scout camps! (Thanks for letting me have a little rant). Anyway, ds had a fabulous trip and said it was just what he needed.

Walked/ran this morning.Finished about 2 hours ago and some of my hair is still wet with sweat. Ugh.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 21, 2022 11:48AM ruthbru wrote:

I went to Pound this morning & will go to Dance2fit tonight. I am still trying to rearrange my yard to look how I want it to with a now missing tree. Today I bought another shepherd's hook & a couple hanging baskets (on sale for $5.00 each) and will be going out soon to figure out what I want to do with them. The grand-dogs will be over later for a play-date, which will be fun for all.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 22, 2022 09:57AM wonderland wrote:

Our yard seems to be ever changing. 2 years ago the apple tree died. Several birdfeeders hang from it. Instead of taking it down, dh decided to continue with the birdfeeders and brick around the dead tree to contain the volunteer sunflowers that grow under it. A tree man has come by twice to see if we want him to take down the tree (for a fee). He thinks we're crazy but the birds love it! And I love it! Eventually the tree will fall by itself.

Walked/ran this morning. Trying to stay safe in the heat.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 22, 2022 04:02PM ruthbru wrote:

What a neat tree story, Wonderland! We couldn't really do that since our tree was on our roof! I did a 45 minute indoor walking DVD in my nice cool basement.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 24, 2022 07:03AM ruthbru wrote:

We are having a break in the hot weather! Yesterday I went to a Pound class, cleaned the house & then went on a tour of a lovely winery with beautiful gardens & sculptures. Today I will go on a dog walk & to yoga tonight.

Jul 24, 2022 04:56PM wonderland wrote:

That's great that you had a break in the hot weather. The winery sounds lovely. We are still hot and will continue to be. I was going to walk this evening but then it rained, which is a good thing. Now it's really muggy outside so decided not to walk. Going to try to do it in the morning.

Jul 24, 2022 08:48PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

This was a watershed weekend. I finally have my fitness level back, a casualty of the past 2 years, particularly last year when I was working ungodly hours. I did what I could, but it took a toll. I was seriously worried about my upcoming Scotland holiday, but no longer. (I didn't want to do the e-bike option.)

I know this because I did two longish rides two days in a row and emerged just fine. Plus, a swim both evenings. It's going to be beastly hot this coming week, so I am glad to get this in. I signed up for a 25-mile event next Sunday just over the border in Washington State. An area that I have never seen. I want to finish by noon which I wouldn't be able to do with the 50-mile hilly course. Not until things cool down.

I will do the other 35 miles early mornings, so will have my 60 miles total. Then just nine days until I head for London and Scotland.

I am so loving my herb garden. For example, I have basil for tonight's salad. Tarragon and rosemary are coming along nicely. Mint, thyme and sage are flourishing. The borage is dying off but has clusters of flowers which are going into a borage-lime cordial of some sort. Wish me luck. It could turn out to be sludge.

I may need to do 2 paddles this coming week. Perhaps Higgins Point tomorrow. It's a place where bald eagles nest and I have been there several times by bicycle. But would be fun to explore via kayak. Then, back to Lake Hauser as I think a bit of peace is in order. This time, I want to explore the far end of the lake, but I need to paddle first.

Tonight is coconut shrimp and a salad, which was supposed to be a green salad, but most of the lettuce was sludge. So a regroup was in order. Now it will be assorted veg on a bed of lettuce with fresh basil. I am trying peanut sauce with the shrimp.

Scotland promises to be cool. Twill be difficult to choose between seafood and game for my dinners. When I get back, it will be late summer, and cooler.

Think it is time to cave and turn on the AC in my place. First time ever that I have it. Even lacking it, it would still be much cooler than when I lived in NYC. Never again.

Not to mention that I have a place to swim just a short walk from here. Life is good. - Claire

p.s. I am almost always up for exploring wineries.

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 25, 2022 06:15AM ruthbru wrote:

Wow, Claire, you are living the life! I am excited for your upcoming trip, which will be marvelous.

Dance2fit and Pound today. It has cooled off here so we are enjoying being outside as much as possible! Some of the flowers and metal art from the winery.

Jul 26, 2022 09:38AM wonderland wrote:

Happy for you, Claire!

The flowers are beautiful, Ruth.

Walked this morning. The dew point is in the oppressive range and I feel every degree of it. Plan to stay in the rest of the day and make tomato sauce to freeze from our tomatoes.

Jul 26, 2022 07:09PM ruthbru wrote:

I'd stay in too, Wonderland!

I've invited my Walking Group over for breakfast tomorrow after our walk, so spent quite a bit of the day getting things ready & organized. The forecast is good so we will be picnicking in the backyard. I went to Dance2fit & Yoga tonight.

Page 4359 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Scroll to top button