Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

NatsFan
NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
edited November 2022 in Working on Your Fitness

Some of us on the Let's Post our Daily Exercise thread decided that it might help keep us honest if we had to post our weekly losses or gains.  Not posting your weight - just your net loss or gain.  So here goes!

Comments

• NatsFan

Since last Wednesday, I'm minus 1.3 pounds.

Woohoo!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208

Since my trip ended, I'm up 2.0 pounds.  I'd like to be 8 pounds less than I am right now.  Sounds like it's a measly amount, but I think it will be optimum.  Before BC, I had worked hard to lose 20, now I'd like to peel off the last 8.  Thanks for starting this thread Mary!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,835

Down two.

My bet with myself is to not eat more than 1,400 calories any day until I lose 10 pounds. Any day that I do, I am setting aside $10.00 and will donate it to BSO (so far I owe them $20.00). After the 10 pounds are gone, I'll still weigh and report on Wednesday, if I have gained any back....$10 goes in the kitty.

• Gonna be brave and say it.  170!  Hoping to see it go down in the next two months.  Hurt my back, so got out of routine of working out, but hope to hit the gym today after work.  Love all the support on these boards, it helps me so much.  Hi Ruthie! :)

• ruthbru

Hi Lovemyfamily....I find that having specific goals (and consequences) helps me to quit saying I'll do something, and actually do it. If anyone else besides me has a specific plan/goal/timeline for themselves; post it if you want to, and we can all help you be accountable. Tongue out The 'Post Your Daily Exercise' thread is also a great place to go for motivation and/or a kick in the butt!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243

Okay, down 0.6 lb from our start last week but med onc visit yesterday showed down 2 lbs since last visit 4 months ago.  Since it is the first week I will consider it a win for me.   I have challenged myself to lose a minimum of 1 lb per week, weigh-in on Wednesday.  Any week I have not lost a pound,  $10.00 will be earmarked for BCo. Less than a full pound is a loss for me (from my pocket, not my waist!)  More would be better because I would really like to drop 10 lbs by November 6.

• NatsFan

Yikes - it's another Wednesday, so time for the Wednesday Weigh-In!

Down .7 pounds Yes, there's a decimal point before the 7 there - now 7 full pounds would have been very impressive! Tongue out

On vacation next week, so I'll check in two weeks from now.  That will be a scary weigh-in after a week of vacation! Surprised

• ruthbru
    down another half a pound; but very disappointed in myself because I GORGED all weekend.....so I owe a total of $50.  I need to get serious or I will be broke!!!! Cry
  • patoo

Not only am I up, but I'm up the .6 that was down last week!  Glad I'm only counting once per week or I'd be broke.  So, I owe $10.   Now if I could just be less busy I might be able to get more serious.  Ruth, we'll be panhandling together.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208

The exact same as last week.  No loss, no gain.  It's bad, it's good.  

• ruthbru

Oh man, I must have had a Freudian slip because I see I deleted this from my favorites and had to go searching for it Surprised!

I am changing my day to weigh in just this week because of 'Extenuating Circumstances'. We had a huge potluck at work yesterday at noon, had conferences until 8:30 pm, came home and exercised, so it was 10:00pm before I ate supper. I still feel so full this morning that I didn't dare weigh myself!!! I will report tomorrow instead....either way I owe more money to BCO!!!!

• patoo

I'm down 2 lbs from where I was 2 weeks ago - YIPPEE!  That's why I'm sneaking at work and posting early before the day's binge eating begins.  Maybe it will motivate me to be good.

I did fast last night for a church function so had nothing after 1pm but a cup of tea and a banana (to take my meds).  That definitely helped.  Will try to continue not eating/snacking after 8pm everyday. 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

I may have to join you ladies here on this thread also to keep me accountable!  If I have to weigh in on Wednesday, I just might be a little more aware of what goes into my mouth and how much of it!!!  I AM down 2 pounds, so am VERY happy with that!!!

• ruthbru

Hooray for the weight losers! This is making me avoid the late night snack (tonight anyway). I will report in tomorrow. Ruth

• ruthbru
    down half a pound to a total of 3. Will now have to really get serious!!!! Yell (My Game Face!)
  • NatsFan

Missed my weigh in last week because of vacation, so I was very scared to step on the scale this morning.  Much to my relief, I was down .4 pounds from two weeks ago.  I had a great time on vacation and ate waaaay too much, so I'm delighted with any loss, however small. 

OK, game face time for me too!

• patoo

Super sad face for me - up half a lb from last week.  Balance due $20.00! 

So my 10 lb goal by Nov 6th seems to be more wishful thinking.   Cry

Oh well, will still keep trying.  Defeat is not a word that will stay in my vocabulary!!!!!

• ruthbru

Still stuck on the minus 3. I have to scrap the 'donate if I eat over 1,400 calories' idea. I would owe thousands of dollars!! But I will make a nice, large (for me) donation on Nov. 6th, and I will keep trying too. It could be worse.....we could be UP, UP, UP every week!

• patoo
    forgot to weigh in this morning and since I weigh more at night will postpone until tomorrow.  not that it will make a difference, will probably still owe another $10. but I can pretend, for a day, that I'm down 40 lbs.  Laughing
  • NatsFan

Ack - not good this week.  I've gained .6 since last week (yes, that's still a decimal point, thankfully).  I have not been as careful about portion control at dinner the last couple of nights, and now I'm paying the price.

Hopefully next week will be better! And I like your idea Patoo - I'm just going to pretend I'm down 40 pounds!

• ruthbru
    I am actually down another pound Cool!! This is due to that fact that I watched what I ate all week (OK except for one day), and because my Book Club, which was supposed meet last night, was postponed until next week. Portion control, portion control, portion control................
  • patoo

Oops, almost missed today but did weigh this morning.  Good news is I'm down from last week; bad news I'm not sure by how much because I don't remember exactly what I was at.  I do know however that I'm down and I also know it's less than a lb. so, here's another $10. into the kitty - $30.00.  <  sigh  >

• ruthbru

Well, DOWN is GOOD! and donating money to a worthy cause is good also. I am really trying to be good this week and so far so good......we will see.

• fmakj

Missed the weigh in since Thanksgiving (Oct 11th), but know that I am up the 2 pounds that I lost.... so will try again (If at first you don't succeed.......)  I have been saying this saying for YEARS!!!  I have been starting a serious weight loss program since last October... (If at first.....) lol!   At least I have not been GAINING weight!!  Will try to rememeber to weigh in this Wednesday!! 

• ruthbru

I am hoping that my 'Halloween Candy Binge' calories of the weekend will be burned off by Wednesday!

• NatsFan
    OK, I'm down a very little - .2 pounds.  Yes, with a decimal point.  Not much, but marginally better than a gain.  Trying to shake up my workout patterns a bit - I think my body needs a change to start responding better. 
  • ruthbru

down half a pound, which is a miracle after the candy spree.......the eating is what I have to get better control of.......

• patoo

Up a pound!  I'm also dealing with bad eating habits.  Just can't get that part motivated and exercising has been hit and miss as well.  Have to figure out how I managed to fit the exercise in when I was doing 6 days/week.  Think I may start leaving eating/exercising reminder sticky-notes all over home and at work. 

$40.00.  Next week will be time to send in the money and then will start a new goal for the remainder of 2010.  Glad you all are hanging in here with me.

• ruthbru

I need to put STOP and ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK signs on all my cupboards & fridge!!!

• fmakj
    I am still down 1 pound from start, but up one since our (Canadian) Thanksgiving!   I might need to get my jaw wired shut!!! Embarassed