We are 215,485 members in 81 forums discussing 153,254 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Horse Lovers Unite!

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Jun 17, 2018 12:08AM - edited Jun 17, 2018 12:14AM by cowgal

cowgal wrote:

I know that for many of us horses are our exercise, our buddies and our therapy. I would like to have this thread for those of us who are horse enthusiasts. Hopefully, we can provide encouragement, exchange ideas and also share pictures of our beloved horses!

Image result for horse quotes

Page 1 of 1 (19 results)

Posts 1 - 19 (19 total)

Jun 17, 2018 08:47AM - edited Jun 17, 2018 08:59AM by 1stronglady

This Post was deleted by 1stronglady.
chl Dx 4/2/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 5/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Jun 17, 2018 08:59AM 1stronglady wrote:

Curious George

chl Dx 4/2/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 5/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Jun 17, 2018 08:59AM 1stronglady wrote:

Lydia

Jun 17, 2018 11:29AM - edited Jun 17, 2018 11:30AM by cowgal

Cute herd! Here's my herd. Not a really good picture of any of them but they are dang hard to get them all cooperating to be in the same picture.

Loopy

Jun 18, 2018 08:23AM 1stronglady wrote:

They are beautiful!! We have 8 cows too!! Keep us busy!!

Jun 18, 2018 10:29AM cowgal wrote:

Yes we have cattle as well! They are fun and the horses like helping check and move cattle.

Jun 18, 2018 11:14AM Cowboy-Up wrote:

I have 2 and they have been such a blessing during treatment. The barn is where I can go and can let go of the anxiety. I’ll take some pics this week. I have a 16 year old quarter horse and a 15 year old Standardbred.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/17/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Jun 18, 2018 11:27AM cowgal wrote:

Welcome Cowboy-Up. Looking forward to seeing your horses!

Jul 5, 2018 12:10AM cowgal wrote:

Happy 4th of July horse lovers! I hope the fireworks are not a problem for your animals and may you have a safe and wonderful 4th!

Image result for horse 4th of july

Aug 27, 2018 11:41AM Appyfan wrote:

Hello! Did any of you have chemo and continue to clean the barn? I’m doing that when I feel well, but my best friend (who is a nurse at a major cancer center) says I’m taking too big a risk.

Sep 12, 2018 05:33PM cowgal wrote:

Appyfan - I did not have to have surgery but I did have quite a few surgeries and radiation. Are you through with chemo yet? I know with my surgeries there was the risk of infection from being out around my horses but it was no longer an issue once my drains were out and the surgery sites had healed. I am just wondering if your friend is thinking that you are at risk because of your chemo port possibly getting something in it or if it is from your reduced immunity from chemo.

Sep 13, 2018 09:52AM Appyfan wrote:

Hi cowgal, I’ve had 2 of 4 treatments so far. Day 12 after this last one I developed hives. NP said it’s a reaction to taxotere, so I haven’t been doing the barn lately. My friend is worried about my compromised immune system. My port incision is healed up ( although she had a fit about my even being in the barn right after the port was placed). I’m on steroids to control the reactive hives, so I’ve only fed and brought the horses in the barn at night. No cleaning this round because the steroids further suppress my immune system. Its just tough because it’s a big ask to friends and family, but even I know the addition of the steroids puts me at too great a risk. Can’t wait To get active treatment finished

Sep 15, 2018 05:10AM cowgal wrote:

I guess I was posting too early in the morning. What I meant to say was that I did not have to go through chemo but had to go through quite a few surgeries for my breast cancer treatment. Anyway, I am glad that you have figured out it is not worth the risk. It's hard asking for help but I bet your family and friends are more than glad to help you while you are recovering.

Sep 15, 2018 10:38AM Appyfan wrote:

Thanks cowgal. I cleaned the barn the day after my last post, and had a meltdown in the barn. Major crying jag, but felt better after the meltdown and activity, I think. I’m none the worse for wear, LOL

Sep 15, 2018 11:39AM 7of9 wrote:

I wish I had a horse to post a picture of but here is my son with a friend last year at a farm nearby.

I'm glad he wants to take lessons. They are just so expensive and boarding (getting a horse and keeping at our place is out, we don't have enough land) would be more than our mortgage. So sad to see suburban horse farms and land go to developers. Thankful for the pictures of the ladies who still have horses and share their pictures.

If you're going through hell, keep on going. You might get out before the devil even knows you're there. Dx 1/18/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/1/2012 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 11/1/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 12/23/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 2, 10/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 1/19/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Radiation Therapy 2/11/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy 4/1/2016 Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 15, 2018 12:12PM Appyfan wrote:

7of9 that’s a cute picture of your son. I feel the same way about land going to developers. I have my horses at home, and it’s getting harder and harder to find hay for that reason, and it’s such hard work. I have 4 at home, and it’s a mountain of work and expense. Here’s a couple pics.

Sep 17, 2018 10:58AM Cowgirl13 wrote:

Appyfan, it looks like the first horse is a grulla? Quarter horse? I'm glad to see we have a horse thread. Cowgal, I think both of us were on one about 8 years ago? It was a really nice thread.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/16/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/23/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 17, 2018 02:13PM Appyfan wrote:

Hi Cowgirl13, yes the grulla is a foundation QH. The leopard and solid dark bay are appaloosas, and the black is a Tennessee Walker I got from a feedlot last year. The other 3 I’ve owned most of their lives. How about you

Sep 19, 2018 09:59AM cowgal wrote:

Hello 7of9, Appyfan and Cowgirl13!

Cowgirl13- Yes, I was on the old thread. I kept trying to bring it back up but it seemed to be inactive and thought maybe we just needed to start a new one.

7of9 - Cute picture of your son. I raise cattle and crops so keeping my three horses around isn't as expensive as in some areas.

Appyfan - We just cut some grass hay so my boys and cattle should be good for winter but I know at least in our area, hay prices have gone up recently.

Page 1 of 1 (19 results)