We are 215,485 members in 81 forums discussing 153,254 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Thoughts on Keto?

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Jul 15, 2018 07:49AM

EveyHammond wrote:

It's time. Time for me to start eating better and making smarter choices. I did a search here for ladies on Keto but couldn't find much. I could just be missing it. Call it chemo/Tamoxifen brain.

Are any of you on Keto? Thoughts on breast cancer reduction? I've been listening to podcasts, reading articles and have started my low carb journey 2 weeks ago.

Best wishes to you all on your journeys.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 15, 2018 08:42AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Try this:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/58/topics...

Also, on a search for "ketogenic diet" there are lots more discussions.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jul 15, 2018 01:40PM Lovinggrouches wrote:

I have several friends at work that are on Keto with low carbs and have lost lots of weight and have more energy. I’m thinking of doing the same since I’m diabetic and have fatty liver from tamoxifen. I’m thinking of putting shopping list together to buy all the stuff I need and see how it goes. They tell me once you incorporate way more healthy fats, you quit craving the carbs. Look up fat bombs also. They make them to get the fat they need every day. They also use the app carb manager with a big M on it that tracks your carbs, protein and fat. Put in your info and tells you how many grams of each you need every da

+ PALB2 VUS. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Oncotype score of 14 Dx 1/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/23/2016 Lumpectomy Surgery 3/22/2016 Radiation Therapy 4/13/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/8/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 7/16/2016

Sep 11, 2018 06:17PM rachelcarter35 wrote:

I've been on the keto diet since January of this year (lost 20 lbs) and was dx in March. I've stayed on keto through double mastectomy and chemo. I like how I feel on keto. Once you get through the first month or so it's the easiest diet I've ever been on. I like never being hungry while maintaining a healthy weight. I don't know if I believe the claims that it prevents cancer but I feel healthy. There are many different forms of this diet. I don't eat processed food or fake sugar. I eat lots of vegetables and get most of my fat from healthier sources (olive oil, avocado, grass fed beef, artisan cheeses). There are serious junk food keto dieters that I don't think can be healthy at all.

Dx 2/21/2018, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 4/24/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/14/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy Targeted Therapy Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 11, 2018 09:30PM ksusan wrote:

Yes, come on over to the Paleo thread!

I've been on keto for 2 months. 10# down, fasting blood sugar has dropped 20-40 points on average.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)