We are 217,545 members in 81 forums discussing 154,231 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: CANNABIS FOR LOSING WEIGHT

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Dec 24, 2018 11:49AM

tutu10 wrote:

I am so obsessed with food but every time I look in the mirror it makes me feel so disappointed on myself. I did want lose weight but can't help to eat and eat more food, I already use all kinds of method on diet like keto, vegetarian, vegan etc. but it won't work because of my eagerness to eat foods. So, I began to research what can help me on losing my weight and to lose appetite and I saw this . A report from The American Journal of Medicine explains that regular marijuana use was associated with lower levels of fasting insulin and smaller waist circumference. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. Alternatively, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Dec 24, 2018 01:10PM - edited Dec 24, 2018 01:11PM by Misstic

Hello Tutu,

Fisrt of all, having THC is not a such good idea if your breast cancer is ER+. THC compete with Tamoxifen if you are on it.

I have 50 mg of CBD everyday and I don't see any change with my appetite if I have less or more this dose. But maybe the reason is that I do keto diet which is brilliant to control eagerness (because the glucose rate in the blood vary very few). This diet has many effects :

• lowering inflammation (good for cancer, ache pain, etc.)
  • modify gene expression (especially mTOR, good for breast cancer)
  • help to loss rapidly weight (good for cancer)
  • enhance your brain functions (good for mind and wellness)
  • need the people doing it to be really motivated because you will modify completely your way of feeding yourself
  • can interfere with oestrogene production (bad for ER+ cancer) so you have to do a blood test regularly.

Here is a video about a clinical trial regarding keto diet and breast cancer :

Dx 6/26/2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left) Chemotherapy 8/24/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/8/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/4/2016 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting Dx 1/5/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/5/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine), Navelbine (vinorelbine) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 1/10/2020 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Dec 24, 2018 04:02PM - edited Dec 24, 2018 04:04PM by exbrnxgrl

I have to laugh a bit...weed gives most people the munchies and makes them eat more food, often lots of junk food. So I find it amusing that it might be useful for weight loss. I use 1:1 CBD:THC products to stimulate my appetite and help with pain. In legal states, dispensaries sell flower, edibles, vape cartridges, tinctures, beverages, pre-rolls, creams, lotions, etc. Here is a link to the dispensary I use most often so you can understand the wide selection of cannabis products that are available in legal states

http://www.airfieldsupplyco.com/

Learning about cannabis for medical use involves a lot of digging through anecdotes and experimenting with what works for you. There is some research but it is limited because cannabis is considered a schedule 1 drug and is illegal on the federal level (even if you live in a legal state),

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 24, 2018 04:16PM - edited Dec 24, 2018 04:18PM by oxygen18

Consider consulting with an oncology dietitian. Avoiding weight gain is one of the best things you can do to reduce the chance of BC recurrence, good for the brain too, and face to face diet counseling can be quite effective.

Dec 25, 2018 05:36PM Moderators wrote:

tutu10, tell us a bit about your diagnosis. What other medications are you on, if any?

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 25, 2018 05:55PM Benaya wrote:

There's a website, Leafly.com, that breaks down the different effects of difference strains of MJ. Some strains appear to stimulate appetite and a few may reduce it. I think this mainly applies to strains available for smoking, though. There's always new research being conducted.

Dx 11/22/2017, IDC: Tubular, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 4/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)