We are 164,680 members in 80 forums discussing 129,279 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Help Me Get Through Treatment → Topic: neck and chest pain after port placement

Topic: neck and chest pain after port placement

Forum: Help Me Get Through Treatment — Medications and other treatments, medical benefits, and managing side effects.

Posted on: Feb 5, 2008 12:40PM

thedudess wrote:

I had my port put in Friday, it well well and by Sunday felt pretty good.  Then I notice I was having pain in my chest and when I took deep breaths.  This went on all afternoon and by 6 we were in er.  They said heart looked good and lung ex ray, and this was probably do to muscle cramps around heart related to port placement.  I see my oncologist tomorrow.  It almost feel like respitory infection except I do not have a cough.  Just wondered if anyone else had similar symptoms after having their port put in.  I do not wont them to cancel chemo tomorrow, I really wont to get started fighting this.

Dx 1/7/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Feb 6, 2008 01:42PM anniese wrote:

Shelby - Hi, I'm new to this board and am just doing some surfing on topics.  I had my port placed on Wed 1/23 and felt pretty good that day except for not being able to lie on my back to sleep.  However, around day 2 I started experiencing a pain in the middle of my back (heart level) and in my neck around where you check you pulse.  This hurt a lot and went on for several days.  Finally, after a week I went in and they did an ultrasound of my neck and x-ray'd my chest.  Found nothing - started crying feeling like some kind of hypochondriac.....  Long story short, about 2 days later the pain started getting better and now (2 weeks post port placement) I no longer have any issues.  I was told it was probably muscle strain due to the procedure to insert the port. 

Dx 1/4/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)