Join Us

We are 218,114 members in 84 forums discussing 160,906 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Open Letter

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: Feb 26, 2013 11:38AM

Colt45 wrote:

I am a husband/ caregiver...

I didn't know where this should be posted---and since my wife is going through treatment now, I just picked here.

I have lurked since my wife's diagnosis and have been posting only for a few days. I can recognize a sisterhood when I see one. An army of kind souls.

I am humbled by your humanity. Your grace. Your power.

My wife says she's just doing what she has to when I tell her I'm proud of her. But she's doing more than enduring treatment for self serving means. She's doing it with a grace that doesn't frighten our 2 small, sensitive girls. THAT is strength. I see my wife comforting our 4 year old over something trivial (the kind of thing only 4 year olds think is apocalyptic) and I see a women of strength and beauty the likes of which I cannot imagine life without.

I read your posts and I see my wife or sister or mom. I see a beautiful woman who is power and grace and humanity.

I read accounts of people letting you down or failing to support you.

It breaks my heart to think that you aren't being held or hugged or listened to to the degree that you deserve or more importantly NEED.

You are beautiful. Worthy of love and support and someone is missing out on YOU. It's not your fault. People with a heart and a soul and a brain are inspired by you. Touched by you... whether you think you deserve it or not.

People in pain don't reach out like you do to comfort others. You ask very little. You deliver day after day for others. And you think you aren't worthy of praise or wonderment or fanfare. You are wrong.

You are to be cherished and held and loved. And even on days when someone in your physical environment doesn't seem to be doing quite enough of this, you are being cherished and held and loved from afar by someone you have touched----even if quite by accident.

Know this to be true.

Husband Dx 10/9/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/7/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 12/13/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/7/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Page 8 of 8 (217 results)

Posts 211 - 217 (217 total)

Aug 16, 2020 11:05PM Still-me40 wrote:

Colt45 I can feel the love in the words you wrote. Thank you, it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Aug 17, 2020 05:17AM Colt45 wrote:

Still-me40,

God bless you. Prayers of strength and healing to you.

Husband Dx 10/9/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/7/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 12/13/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/7/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Oct 15, 2020 05:15PM Colt45 wrote:

Bump

Oct 16, 2020 03:18PM AbbyRhodes3 wrote:

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it!

Dx 9/8/2020, IDC in right breast, 1cm | ER+ 5% | PR+ 1% | HR2+ x3

Oct 17, 2020 10:03AM ThreeTree wrote:

Wow, such an old post and I'd never seen it before. It brought tears to my eyes! I'm one of those that has no real support from family; just a few good friends (although that is super important and it is wonderful), so it meant a lot to me. Thank you so, so much old poster!

Oct 20, 2020 03:06PM Colt45 wrote:

AbbyRhodes3 and ThreeTree: Prayers of strength and healing to you both

Oct 21, 2020 02:13PM ThreeTree wrote:

Thank you so much, Colt45. My best to you and your wife also!

Page 8 of 8 (217 results)