Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin hair? I just tried something new

Options

I've had thin, fine hair my whole life. Cancer treatments have made it worse. I keep a constant supply of Drano on hand because my hair loss clogs up the bathtub. I have a new girlfriend who owns a hair salon and after admiring her hair she told me that she wears a halo. This isn't what some chemo patients use, which is a type of wig that has the top open and you wear a hat on top of it. The Halo I have is for people who have some hair. The halo goes underneath my existing hair. it's held in place through the weight of the hair, which is real hair. A small piece of plastic, like fishing line, goes across the top of the head, and I comb my hair over it. You literally don't need any hairpins, although I use one just because I'm a little skittish. I absolutely love how this looks and feels and it makes me feel so much better about myself. I did a search to see if other people on the boards had used it but most posts were about other types of Halo type wigs for ladies with no hair. I wanted to share this information and a photo for ladies who maybe searching for something to make their hair thicker but they don't want to use clip in hair or hair extensions. You can find videos on YouTube that show how the halo is worn. The brand I use is called Halo Nation. I think you can order these off the Internet but I definitely recommend going through a hair salon, it takes a little practice to know how to wear it just right so I'm glad I had someone show me how to use it.

Comments

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 487
    Options

Gorgeous, either way! There is a gal here in SE Wisconsin who specializes in helping women with alopecia/thinning hair caused by chemo or whatever. Are you planning to stay platinum or go back to golden?

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    Options

same hair color, different lighting. :-)

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 487
    Options

Fooled me! Do you turn into strawberry blonde under pink lights? When I had my red wig on one time, my hubby walked right past me in a restaurant lobby...

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    Options

vlnrph, that's funny about your husband. I have heard that is common.

My husband hasn't said one word about my hair, except his normal compliments after my salon appointments.

I come from a family of redheads -- auburn to strawberry blonde. My bloodline must appear in photos, like a ghost.

• Levron
    Levron Member Posts: 7
    Options

Impressive difference. Thanks for sharing.