Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Peeling & Tender scalp from cold caps

Options

Someone else out there must have had their scalp peel through their hair after using the cold caps. No hair loss on the top of my head where the scalp peeled. A pretty good amount of thinning on the sides though.

That was two days before second infusion of TC. Now, after the second infusion/ use of the Penguin cold caps, the top of my head is very tender. Any ideas on what to use to heal it up before the next treatment in three weeks?

Comments

• yooyooma
    yooyooma Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Options

has anyone figured it out yet?

• Tara1218
    Tara1218 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm having the same problem. What happened to the two of your heads. I have a lot of peeling. Did I do something wrong? Freezer burn??

• cfletcher
    cfletcher Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Options

I used cold caps during my six chemos. My scalp peeled as well. The top of my ears peeled after the first time too. I think it's freezer burn. For last chemo I took a pair of panty hose and cut the legs off and then put the panty part on top of m head. This prevented my scalp from peeling and my hair from getting tangled in the Velcro.