We are 221,170 members in 81 forums discussing 156,124 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Modafinil and Fatigue

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: Jun 20, 2019 06:21AM

TLeeA wrote:

Has anyone tried Modafinil to address fatigue post-treatment or from AIs? I am a year post treatment and still chronically tired and foggy. I exercise regularly and, on days I run, sometimes I end up on the couch from tiredness. I take Vitamins and am otherwise healthy. I would like to explore whether a medication maybe help. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 21, 2019 12:18AM bella2013 wrote:

YES!!! By all means talk to you doctor about Modifinal. I suffered exactly as you described your experience. My psychiatrist (treating me for clinical depression for 20 years) offered it to me. I call it my wonder drug! It will definitely get you off of the sofa with renewed energy and clear the brain fog! There are no side effects.

Diagnosed at 60 years old. Oncotype Score=14. Dx 12/4/2017, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 2/22/2018 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 21, 2019 08:46PM Salamandra wrote:

I'm struggling with major debilitating fatigue from the tamoxifen. My doctors haven't mentioned this. I have an MO follow up next Tuesday. I will definitely be asking about it. Can I ask you what dose works for you?

Dx at 39. 1.8cm. Oncotype 9. Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/3/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 8, 2019 09:08AM bella2013 wrote:

Salamandra,

Sorry for the late response but I didn’t see your post until today. I take 200 mg once a day. It is the generic for Provigil (sp?). My psychiatrist (who has treated me for 20 years for clinical depressio) prescribed it for me. He recognized my fatigue wasn’t from depression. He said he prescribes it for patients with MS, Parkinson’s, cancer, etc. I hope your MO can help you with the fatigue. It can be debilitating.

Diagnosed at 60 years old. Oncotype Score=14. Dx 12/4/2017, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 2/22/2018 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)