Join Us

We are 218,192 members in 84 forums discussing 160,935 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tamoxifen/Uterine Cancer

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: May 20, 2020 12:43PM

khoagland wrote:

Has anyone has their fibroid enlarged due to Tamoxifen? Mine is slightly larger since Ive started taking it.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 21, 2020 11:10AM Cricketdog wrote:

Good morning, khoagland. I was just speaking with my MO yesterday about my concerns with starting tamoxifen since I've had fibroids for years. I had an ultrasound performed right before my surgery last year where my ob/gyn counted my fibroids and recorded their locations and sizes. My MO promises me that I'll have a uterine lining measurement each year at my ob/gyn while I'm taking the drug.

Sorry I can't answer your question. Hoping someone chimes in as I've read that the drug can increase the size of fibroids and cause other uterine issues, too.

Dx 10/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/10/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/11/2020 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 2/12/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jul 24, 2020 10:25AM KARW41 wrote:

My mother got a hysterectomy on Tamoxifen due to what they said was some kind of uterine cancer (she later claimed they misdiagnosed her) but I don’t know what it did to her fibroids.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)