Join Us

We are 220,445 members in 84 forums discussing 161,934 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Clinical efficacy of popular oral hair growth supplements

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: Dec 31, 2020 11:23PM

Jelson wrote:

I found this easy to read article on a subject of great interest to me! very informative, not just on the hair growth properties of the supplements. onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ep...

Dx 4/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jan 1, 2021 05:53AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Did you pay for the full article that you can post? Can’t access it without paying

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jan 1, 2021 06:29AM Jelson wrote:

sorry about this. I tried the link and it didn't work for me either, requiring payment, so I retraced my original steps. I found the article referenced in a monthly email I get Dermatology Practice Update. I clicked on the link, got to the Wiley site and then was able to click through to the article which I can't seem to copy and paste. Here is the first link I used. www.practiceupdate.com/c/11101... Tell me if that doesn't work and I will email the author to try to get it!!

Dx 4/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+

Jan 1, 2021 09:33AM Beesie wrote:

It's a 12 page article - too many pages to do screenshots. The oral supplements that they conclude have some positive effect on human hair growth are Vitamin E, possibly zinc, possibly iron, and horsetail, MSM, AminoMar marine complex, possiblySynergen complex, and possibly Nourkrin. Some other supplements have limited benefit with specific hair loss conditions only.

Here are the two pages that cover their summary conclusions:

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jan 1, 2021 12:36PM abigailj wrote:

thanks very muchJelson and Beesie for posting. I was able to access the full article and may give some of this a try.

Dx 1/2020, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IB, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/23/2020 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, SIEA flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap, SIEA flap

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)