Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Tuesdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: May 4, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 10:04AM by moderators

Posted on: May 4, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 10:04AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

A place for those who are participating in the In Treatment Zoom Meetup to continue the sharing. Medicating

If you'd like to join the In Treatment Zoom Meetup on Tuesdays at 1pm ET, register here: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/...

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 11 of 11 (107 results)

Apr 18, 2022 01:00PM moderators wrote:

Dear klindallas,

Here is a link to register for the weekly Tuesday In Treatment Zoom Meet up - https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvc-uurzgvHNyvhpw-l0KPkwjlKN_KbOeC and here is a link to the Bonded by Breast Cancer group for those who have finished treatment - https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIuduGspz0rG93Jrg16Zi1NQrja-insoVJm

We are sorry for the glitches.

The Mods

May 10, 2022 03:55PM pbchick wrote:

Hi everyone. Thought of a question after group. Is anyone using an app to track their hot flashes and/or other menopausal symptoms? My sexual health cancer doctor wants me to track my hot flashes and there are a bunch of apps. I was hoping someone would have used one like Teri had used the Lose It app.

May 17, 2022 07:09PM katg wrote:

I everyone. I had menopause 21 years ago at 41 and hot flashes have never really been part of my life.

I am happy to have joined at lease before the end. I am past the chemo, not because i did not need more, but because of my body's reaction to it. We cannot know how any treatment will work for us until we get it. Then we evaluate the symptoms and see if they are manageable. I know that whenever i had a symptom, I told someone. Mostly the medical team, but also my sister and 2 good friends, who recognized i needed to call triage nurses to tell them. Twice i needed help, and both required blood transfusions. I also had a urinary infection after my surgery i never expected. A catheter inserted during surgery puts an item that could have germs in you. That was said by my triage nurse as i got the prescription to treat it from an over the phone consult. My sister told me my symptoms sounded like an infection.

I will likely be on more infusions other than Perjeta and Herceptin. Those are every 3 weeks for one year. I have had 3. Letrozole, also known as Femara for 5 years. What i know for sure, is new treatments are coming down the line all the time. Clinical trials are for all of us. I am grateful for the willingness of all of them. I have been a platelet donor for 25 years. Every time i gave, every 2-3 weeks, i gave 3 units. 3 people got them. I often got to see where my donation went. Often out of state often and local.

When i think of my treatments, i will do any infusion or pill to assist my recovery. I know so far nothing i have taken will stop me from donating again. A year after treatments end.

My MO wrote in her very first treatment order that the end goal is to kill the cancer. BRCA2- HER2+. Two aggressive pieces of my puzzle I wish i did not have. I do.

If you do not feel cared for by a medical team, please get a 2nd opinion. I loved my breast surgeon and plastic surgeon for my one side. The breast surgeon is joining a new department with her other hospital down the freeway. A great opportunity. I told her i want to stay with her for the breast removal. I want the same team. I am hoping August will be it. My blood clot is the issue, and both surgeons know. My health is 1st.

I believe these forums are the extra help we all need. Until I feel my expander in myleft boob, sometimes i can forget i do have breast cancer. The threat is not gone.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

Jun 9, 2022 03:25PM k-gobby wrote:

Tues peeps,

Where are you?

This is a great place to post updates!

Hope to hear from you!

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 Other Surgery 2/1/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left): Skin Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Talzenna (talazoparib) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jun 10, 2022 04:41PM moderators wrote:

Agree! We'll reiterate on Tuesday!

Jul 23, 2022 04:56PM k-gobby wrote:

I all. Put this in your favorites.

I am updating. I got to see my breast surgeon Friday. He had cancelations so I was called to come early and got more time. He gave me good marks. I am healing. He recommends braless a bit. He also said because my clot is "deep vein thrombosis" 6 months at least. I must wait till mid October for an update.

August 1st I visit my breast surgeon to check in at her new location. Visiting my friend who has been at COH for 6 years, humbled me. We share this road with so many.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 Other Surgery 2/1/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left): Skin Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Talzenna (talazoparib) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jul 24, 2022 12:17PM moderators wrote:

Thank you for the update k-gobby. We are glad the doctor gave you good marks! Sorry about the ongoing issues with the clot. Glad you were able to get some time in with your friend.

Page 11 of 11 (107 results)

Scroll to top button