Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Treatment Zoom Meetup (Tuesdays) place to keep chatting

Update: Hi all! We apologize -- in thinking about creating these threads, we actually thought it might be more practical to have all groups (Tuesday and Thursday) to post on the same thread. This way, if you attend more than one meeting, you won't have to submit any updates to more than one thread to reach all of your friends. AND, you may even meet some other members and get additional support from others you don't see in your usual meetup.

You can connect with everyone on the new existing In Treatment Zoom Meetup thread here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topics/...

We'll lock this thread to avoid confusion. Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,
The Mods

Tagged:

Comments

• STJA16
    STJA16 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2021

Really enjoy our calls. Hope to see you all next time and looking forward to meeting more of you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808
    edited May 2021

Dear Members,

Join our virtual meet up today Tuesday May 18th at 1:00 pm EST for those going through Chemotherapy!

Registration information can be found here. We hope to see you.

The Mods

• moderators
    edited May 2021

Today! Please feel free to join!

TODAY: Zoom virtual meet-up for people going through chemotherapy (caregivers welcome)

Tuesdays 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

• LBLKN4121
    LBLKN4121 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Hello everyone~ This is Lisa Burris and I'm happy to be connected with you all. Be blessed!

• moderators
    edited June 2021

Hi Lisa, Glad you joined (it's Melissa here).

• annsoptera
    annsoptera Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2021

Thanks so much, Melissa, for setting this space up for us here and for doing such a wonderful job facilitating our weekly conversations! And enormous thanks as well to all of you who joined today and prior weeks. I learn something new from you every time, but I mostly appreciate the chance to connect with others who are also going through this.

Have a good week, everyone!

- Deirdre

• STJA16
    edited June 2021

Great to talk to you all. Its Sydjea

• STJA16
    edited June 2021

Is Elsa on this chat? Really nice cap/scarf today on zoom. Can you share where you got it?

• Elsalobo13
    Elsalobo13 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021

Hi!! Thank you. I got it on Amazon, they have too many and you can change the scarf. I think I was wearing the black cap with grey scarf. This coming Tuesday I will show you what I have.

Blessings everyone

• STJA16
    edited June 2021

Great. I won't be on the call on Tuesday as i have chemo. If you can provide the Amazon link here that would be great. Thanks.

• moderators
    edited June 2021

See Most of you tomorrow!

• Elsalobo13
    Elsalobo13 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021

Hi! I just send Melissa some info and pictures about the hats. She will share itwith you. I could not post it here.

• STJA16
    edited June 2021

Elsalobo13. Looking forward to the next nfo. Thanks so much.

• MaineJen
    MaineJen Member Posts: 148
    edited June 2021

Thank you for today's meeting, everyone. I'll try to get back each week if I can. You're all in my heart. - Jennifer

• MaineJen
    edited June 2021

Also wanted to share. This is the thing I did - I'm not comfortable wearing wigs (I tried so many kinds and types and just couldn't do it) but I found this 2 weeks before chemo started. It is amazing. I cut my own hair off and now I have a halo wig - made of my own hair. Honestly, I haven't worn it at all yet - even with hair loss. I've felt so strange about all of it. I cannot seem to come to a place of wearing anything but a hat on my head. Anyway, I just think it is very loving and empathic and she handles everything so gently: https://chemodiva.com

Just in case someone else might want to try it too.

• moderators
    edited June 2021

MaineJen, thank you for sharing this, and being there today! Medicating

• moderators
    edited June 2021

Sharing some things that were shared at today's meetup:

From Elsa: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWYXK5N/ref=twister_B07KWXNGLM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From STJA16:

mouth lubricant - 1 teaspoon glycerin - get a supermarket or amazon, 1 quart water. swish and do not drink

mouth rinse - 1 teaspoon baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 quart water. swish but do not drink

[Here is a link to read about this: https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/cold-therapy-helps-hair-skin-nail-effects]

Also from STJA16:

Hands...order a pair https://www.amazon.com/Arthritis-Chemotherapy-Syndrome-Swollen-inflamed/dp/B081P7J2H1/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=chemo+gloves&qid=1623174968&sr=8-9

Booties https://www.amazon.com/NatraCure-Cold-Therapy-Socks-Treatment/dp/B003L4WOKG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=chemo+booties&qid=1623174927&sr=8-5

For a checklist, go to this page: https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/chemotherapy/process

• Teri23
    Teri23 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2021

I hope this is the right place to post. It was nice to meet folks on the Zoom chat on Tuesday. I am very pleased to have met a group I can connect with about this experience. I promised I would let everyone know how my vaccine went. I am happy to say that my reaction at the clinic was very mild. I did fall asleep shortly after returning home, but today I only have a sore arm at the injection site, so far.

What a relief!

Thanks, everyone!

• moderators
    edited August 2021

Hi Teri23! You've found the right spot! Thank you for keeping us updated with how your vaccine went -- we're so glad to hear it was pretty uneventful. What a relief, for sure!

We look forward to seeing you around the Community, and we look forward to next week's zoom meetup!

--The Mods

• MaineJen
    edited August 2021

Hi, Teri23! I am SO happy to hear your vaccine went ok and that you are ok. What a relief! I'm thinking of you and holding you in my heart. I was glad to meet you in the group the other day. Hopefully I'll make it to the next group and see you again soon. For now, just know you're not alone - we're all right there with you in spirit!

Jennifer

• moderators
    edited August 2021

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that TODAY, is a Zoom virtual meet-up for people going through chemotherapy (caregivers welcome)

Tuesdays 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

• Teri23
    Teri23 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2021

Thank you, Jennifer. We missed you yesterday. I hope you are feeling okay. <3

• MaineJen
    edited August 2021

Hi All, I have had trouble making it to meetings and I'm so sorry. I dropped in for a brief moment today and was so sad not to be able to stay. Just seeing a few of your faces lifted my spirits. I am thinking of you all - keeping you all in my heart always. I've just been so busy with kids and work - it's been rough balancing everything. Didn't mean to be disruptive when I dropped in. Apologies if I was. I'm done with chemo now and still on the mend. Starting radiation this week. Will try to make it back again soon. Sending big hugs to all. - Jennifer

• jullyn
    jullyn Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2021

I attended for the first time today. I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to next week.

• moderators
    edited August 2021

Jennifer -- we missed you! Not disruptive at all. Feel free to drop by whenever you have a moment -- everyone looks forward to hearing from you!

Jullyn, thank you for joining us yesterday! We're so happy to be here for you and look forward to seeing you next week!

--The Mods

• mimiarmani
    mimiarmani Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2021

Hello, great seeing everyone. Someone mentioned constipation today. This recipe comes from my radiation oncologist booklet.

Fruit Paste Recipe (Makes 2 1/3 cup)

1/2 cup dried prunes, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup dried figs, 2 tbsp. senna tea leaves (can be purchased at health food store), 1/4 cup prune juice, 2 Tblsp brown sugar, 2 Tblsp lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups water.

Slowly bring fruit, lemon juice, tea leaves & water to boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and add brown sugar. Mix well and allow to cool. Using a mixer gradually add the prune juice to the fruit mixture forming a smooth paste. Place in container and store in freezer.

Fruit Paste will not solidify but will remain the consistency of ice cream.,

Take 2 teaspoon every morning.

Remove from container and let warm to room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes.

Eat plain or spread over toast, muffin or cracker.

Increase or decrease recommended dose as needed.

• moderators
    edited August 2021

Thanks MimiArmani! We really appreciate your feedback.

• mimiarmani
    mimiarmani Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2021

We have missed you. Nice to be starting radiation...keeping treatment moving forward. Hope to see you next week!

• TNBCWoman
    TNBCWoman Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2021

Hello all, this is Carolyn J. from the Tuesday zoom meet-up. Is this were we can keep up with each other?

• TNBCWoman
    TNBCWoman Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2021

LOL. that was me, Carolyn. Always blocked up. Thanks for the recipe suggestion!