Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Tuesdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: May 4, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 10:04AM by moderators

Posted on: May 4, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 10:04AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

A place for those who are participating in the In Treatment Zoom Meetup to continue the sharing. Medicating

If you'd like to join the In Treatment Zoom Meetup on Tuesdays at 1pm ET, register here: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/...

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 4 of 11 (107 results)

Aug 31, 2021 07:37PM sunbunny5 wrote:

This sounds pretty darn good to me. I've been drinking aloe juice and eating fresh figs while they are still in season. A few prunes here and there but they add wind to my sails if I eat too many =) I always keep the SmoothMove tea handy, especially when I go on vacation. When we would on girls trips and everyone would eat poorly and get bound up, they'd be begging me for the "poop tea" they were teasing me about days before! Its made with senna but tastes good and is gentle. This combines all of those so I'm sure its a winner. thx

TNBC and Kidney cancer, Lynch Syndrome MLH1

Aug 31, 2021 07:38PM sunbunny5 wrote:

Hello lovely ladies~~~ Nicole checking in here to say hello!

TNBC and Kidney cancer, Lynch Syndrome MLH1

Sep 1, 2021 03:52AM - edited Sep 1, 2021 03:54AM by jullyn

Hey Girls, it's Julie here. I am so glad to have found the support of you all. Sleep is eluding me yet again. I fall asleep fast and hard then wake up and just toss. Anyway...

Nicole? Where do you get the Aloe Juice? A heath food store? Amazon? We have a Nutrition shop that adds a shot to tea and I love the way it makes me feel. Energized. Of course that could change with chemo.

The Fruit Paste sounds like something to try. I'm already constipated just from eating anything and everything. I usually eat healthy but not this past month!.

Listening to the talk of missing work hit home with me. I work for a family owned business. They are great saying do whatever you need to, take the time you need blah blah blah but what about the money I don't have when doing that? My last check was about a third short for just taking off for appointments and tests this month. I can work anytime of day or night as we have been remote since Covid started but sometimes my anxiety is too high for that right now. Plus they have been on a training frenzy trying to learn all my tasks. I swear they are preparing for replacement. They even hired the gal back who I replaced 10 years ago to " fill in" Do I just bite the bullet and accept this and ease into retirement? I've been thinking of it anyway. I am 61. My hubs is quite a bit older and been retired for over 25 years.

Gosh! Late night, early morning rambling. Have a beautiful Wednesday my fearless pink sisters! I will be thinking of you.

Chemo starts tomorrow! When previewing this and seeing my signature, at my appointment last week he said the tumor is actually almost 3 cm, not 1. The radiologist read it wrong????

Chemotherapy 9/1/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 1/26/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Immunotherapy Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Sep 1, 2021 03:40PM - edited Sep 1, 2021 03:54PM by mimiarmani

Hello Carolyn! Yes this is the place where we can keep chatting! Positive vibes and karma sent for you and your hubby.

Nicole - I totally forgot about Aloe Juice of course I have the polar opposite of constipation. I have been taking aloe tablets for my issue and it did help. I got mine from my acupuncturist office.

Julie - I'm sorry to hear about this, sounds like easing into retirement might help with your anxiety ...if you can afford it...I say go for it. I'm in my 50s, so like Nicole I need to keep on working. Thankfully, I work for a larger corporation and they have been really supportive.

I have an update! After emailing the nurse liaison Wednesday, calling the Seattle Campus for another surgeon referral and getting quite testy (not my proudest moment), scheduling finally called! I will have surgery Friday the 3rd. What a relief, just one day outside the five week window. I'm busy doing some online grocery shopping for that - need to quarantine as I had my pre-op physical as well as my COVID swab - I think they got some brain tissue. LOL.

I plan on seeing everyone Tuesday providing all goes well with surgery. Fingers crossed for clear margins!

Sep 1, 2021 03:57PM moderators wrote:

GREAT NEWS, MimiArmani! So very glad they can get you in! Sending good wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Hope to see you Tuesday!

Sep 1, 2021 05:12PM txlorelei wrote:

Glad they could fit you in! Good luck

Dx 7/7/2020, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 26/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/12/2020 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 1/4/2021 Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Right): Simple; Reconstruction (Right): Aesthetic Flat Closure Dx 8/25/2021, LCIS, Left, 1cm, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/11/2021 Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical; Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure Radiation Therapy 1/3/2022 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall, Right breast Targeted Therapy 3/3/2022 Verzenio Chemotherapy AC

Sep 2, 2021 10:55PM jullyn wrote:

That is great news Mimiarmani! Sometimes we must advocate for ourselves in a very not nice way! Aloe pills? Hmmmm.

Had my first chemo today. Here's the update from my blog journal.

Started Chemo today. It was supposed to be last week and he delayed it to biopsy some lymph nodes. They was a possibility he thought maybe they had no cancer. He was wrong. Didn't change the chemo part. Just what would happen with surgery later. My treatment is TCHP. Every 21 days, for 6 treatments with some continued drugs for a bit after that. I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. T2 tumor. Her2/ER+.All went good with the chemo. I had a wonderful nap there and another at home. Drug induced naps rock!

Chemotherapy 9/1/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 1/26/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Immunotherapy Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Sep 4, 2021 07:20PM mimiarmani wrote:

Julllyn - one chemo down! Love that you are journaling. Thanks TXLorelei! Me too, glad that part is over now. Onward to radiation.

Surgery went well. I was out walking the dog today. The doctors encourage walking and also arm exercises due to the lymph node dissection. Now just hope/pray for clear margins!

Sep 4, 2021 08:24PM moderators wrote:

So good to see everyone here. See you on Tuesday!

Sep 7, 2021 06:32AM - edited Sep 7, 2021 11:36AM by jullyn

MimiArmani, glad to hear surgery went well and you were able to get out and walk. That's great. I hope you are feeling well today.

I've been doing some reading and research on surgery. Pretty sure I will go ahead with a double mastectomy. My oncologist says its my choice.

Everyone else doing ok this week? I am day 5 after chemo and feeling yucky. Ive made myself eat and drink what little i can tolerate. See you all Tuesday!

Page 4 of 11 (107 results)

Scroll to top button