Join Us

We are 222,308 members in 83 forums discussing 162,449 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Letrozole & Radiotherapy = cholesterol

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

This is a place to discuss concerns, tips and strategies for all types of side effects from all types of medications and treatments, (chemo/rads/hormonal/targeted/pain meds/etc.

Posted on: Jun 10, 2021 02:00PM

SRAPUBS wrote:

Hi,

I was diagnosed recently with ER+, HERS- BC - stage 1, grade 1. It was caught at 7mm with clear lymphs. I was lucky and after a day surgery and 5 days of local radiotherapy I was put on Letrozole. I've been taking it for 4 weeks now and my cholesterol has shot up to 7.1 already. One of the lymphs came up but biopsy was cancer negative and they think it might be a reaction to the radiotherapy. I know that both Letrozole and RT can raise cholesterol but I didn't expect it to go that high that quickly.

Has anyone else experienced this in such a short time frame ?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jun 10, 2021 05:37PM Mavericksmom wrote:

Yes, mine went way up quickly too. I don’t know exactly how many weeks after I started Letrozole because it was two years ago, but that is the reason I stopped taking it. I have a higher risk of heart disease than breast cancer even though I had breast cancer twice. I didn’t have radiation this time, mine was all due to Letrozole. After I stopped it my cholesterol levelwent back to normal. Your oncologist should be able to help get your cholesterol under control.

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)