Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

recovery of hair after chemotherapy

The diagnosis of breast cancer is devastating, it was for me. During your chemotherapy, terrified about your future, feeling horrible during the treatment then. .strand by strand your hair is gone, another horrible experience to deal with. Wigs? chemo hats? I was miserable with both. Three months after chemotherapy my hair was starting to grow in. Very thin, very patchy.....I considered Rogaine, Nioxin, etc. I so wanted my hair to grow back but was concerned about the side effects of these products. So a opted out of trying them.

I am rambling, but I want you to know what is working for me and it is working well. I am taking biotin once a day, and have been for the last month. And to me the most advantageous, is a hair balm I read about.

Equal portions of salt, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Mix well. Make sure your scalp is wet (not drenched). Apply paste (which it will be) on your scalp, and massage well. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then rinse. Please give it a try.