Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Heat sensitivity

I'm not sure I can even explain this well, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one. Ever since treatment (taxol, adriamycin, mastectomy, cisplatin/radiation, Xeloda) I cannot regulate my body temperature appropriately. It's 29 degrees outside, my heat is set at 64 inside, and I'm sitting here in a camisole tank top. I put my hoodie on and I'm okay for like 20 minutes and then, boom, out of the blue, I'll go from chilly or comfortable to so unbelievably uncomfortably hot I have to rip the hoodie off and turn a fan directly on me.

It's not a hot flash - I get those also several times a day. This is just feeling like I'm being smothered in uncomfortable heat. It happens no matter what the season, no matter what the outside/inside temperature and no matter what I'm wearing or doing. And I have to say, it's super, super frustrating. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Comments

• krose53
    krose53 Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2022

I am the same way. At first I was freezing all the time during chemo and for a while after. Now I'm ho when everyone is comfortable. I walk about in my sleeveless top all winter in the house and can barely stand to wear even a sweater outside. I was blaming it on Arimidex but maybe that's not it.

• krose53
    krose53 Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2022

I am the same way. At first I was freezing all the time during chemo and for a while after. Now ihot when everyone is comfortable. I walk about in my sleeveless top all winter in the house and can barely stand to wear even a sweater outside. I was blaming it on Arimidex but maybe that's not it.