Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Thursdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 07:32PM

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 07:32PM

moderators wrote:

Hey All, Join each other here to share between meetups!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/... Surgery 5/10/2022

Page 5 of 6 (55 results)

May 13, 2022 11:47PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Tasty food is my topic today. Chick-fil-A sauce is my obsession right now. I had it on my scrambled eggs for breakfast. I added it to hummus for a snack. I didn’t put it on my chicken quesadilla for lunch…only because we were at Taco Bell 😜. After my appointment with my general practitioner, we stopped at Walmart to pick up a few thing…including 2 bottles of Chick-fil-A sauce and several bags of frozen brussel sprouts because I had a craving for something green. Dinner was brussel sprouts and a sweet potato…with butter and ??? You guessed it. Chick-fil-A sauce!

Oh…and I picked up the family size bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing! I’m going to put that on pasta tomorrow in honor of Cyndi! 😜

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 14, 2022 12:04AM katg wrote:

That is good news. I bought a bottle of Chick Fil A at our local Winco last week. They say all the money supports scholarships for their staff. That is good news.

Costco has two bottles of the dressing for 7.99 i believe. I almost bought them as Cyndi said it is her go to!!!

Thank you all for sharing tips and tricks on Thursday. I had an ultrasound today on my remaining breast...just to make sure after my Mammogram. I will not know the results till I hear from my MO. My breast surgeon is gone for a few weeks. I am letting it go, as even if it has a spot of cancer, it will be removed when my blood clot is gone. This a journey that seems best to share with those on the same journey. I will say that this breast cancer journey is best shared with those on the same journey.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

May 14, 2022 02:25PM sarahmaude wrote:

You all are too funny! I have another test for any of you up for the challenge. So, I seem to have lost all ability to taste sweets that are sugar or splenda sweetened. Last night I made a cup of tea (orange spice herbal) and added Agave syrup. It was amazing! I wonder if anyone else has tried that as an alternative when chemo has robbed you of ability to taste sweet? Let's experiment!

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 14, 2022 10:35PM - edited May 15, 2022 11:39AM by katg

I need to say that i ended chemo pills in December. Getting past a few weeks of covid in January and surgery in Feb, that only now on May 14th can i say my nails are growing back, no black and ugly and my taste is mostly great! As for challenges, I mostly drink coffee and tea with no additives. I may though, try the agave in like a chai or other tea..........

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

May 15, 2022 09:49AM - edited May 15, 2022 09:50AM by moderators

katg, so glad to hear your nails are growing back healthy and your sense of taste has returned! Great news and thanks for sharing.

And yum to agave in the tea! Good suggestion sarahmaude!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/... Surgery 5/10/2022

May 15, 2022 11:47AM blums8 wrote:

I love reading all of your suggestions for food and otherwise. It is mind boggling to me that we all have such different experiences with taste. A certain amount of sweetness tastes good to me ie; grocery store corn muffin, but too much sugar ie chocolate caramel, from a good candy spot, almost tasted burnt! I haven't tried agave, but I do put a little maple syrup in my coffee and it tastes good to me.

I finally started to feel more myself yesterday. I have more energy and less fogginess. I still have a sore throat and a very mild mouth sore but no fever. I plan to get out of the house today!! It is still gray here in Bucks County, Pa. but it is not raining so that is a plus.

I haven't been to Chik-fil-A for years but all this talk of the sauce has made me think I should go through the drive through for nuggets and fries!!!

Hope everyone if feeling well today.

Janice

Chemotherapy 2/1/2022 Other

May 15, 2022 05:53PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Happy Sunday ladies!

I’m excited to see the lunar eclipse tonight. How about y’all?

I can still taste sugar, honey, and stevia but I don’t tend to use other sweeteners. I do find my preference leaning toward less rich sweets. Lemon is the exception. The more rich lemony flavor the better. I’m trying graham crackers tomorrow instead of animal crackers which have lost their taste after 7 weeks of perfection.

I have always loved Greek yogurt with a touch of honey. I usually add raspberries or blackberries but I’ve switched to blueberries because I can be sure I’ve cleaned them well. I also have started adding banana to the yogurt. This is my evening snack and I find it helps me wake with less queasiness.

I’m making myself hungry! I think I’ll have some chips and salsa! 😜😜

Cathe

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 15, 2022 08:44PM sarahmaude wrote:

lunar eclipse sounds fun. I haven’t checked times. Where I live is lush with trees so I’m not sure what I could see from here without driving.

Animal crackers are bland to me, but kind of a comforting bland.

All the yogurt is still good, even though the sweet tastes differ, I still enjoy fruit sweetness. Blueberries are divine. Also love them in oatmeal.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 15, 2022 09:56PM katg wrote:

I forgot to say my other chemo foods were sourdough bread from Aldis. and Trader Joes Greek plain yogurt. I mix dry jello mix in. Added blueberries mostly.

At the end of chemo in December I had Traders Joes vanilla ice cream. Small bits throughout the day of all the foods.

I need to watch out or i will gain my weight back now.

May 17, 2022 11:52PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Hi y’all this is Catherine. Fair warning…this isn’t a happy post. I didn’t sleep at all last night because I got really upset with my Dad and my sister. Yes, that sister who has custody of the long arm quilting machine. So it began innocently enough with my Mom going back to Tyler for her 6-month GP checkup. I get a call from my Dad asking if the chemo shedding time will still be 24-72 hours on Taxol. Next day he calls and asks “what are the symptoms you should look for if you get sneezed on twice my someone in the 72 hours?” No, I am not kidding! I lost my mind and my temper. I could hear my mom in the background telling him to shut up and stop pissing me off. I told him that I didn’t know where he and my sister keep getting this BS but I don’t want to hear it.

Next day, my sister Norma calls me and yells at me telling our other sister Sandy that I wouldn’t be going to a quilting retreat in June because I wasn’t going to skip a chemo treatment and even if I could bump it up a day, Norma was “uncomfortable” being around me in the 72 hours after an infusion. Here’s the catch…Norma claims that I “lied” about her being “uncomfortable” being around me in those hours. Mind you I have been specifically told that I was being “insensitive to her and her husbands concerns about me exposing them to chemo drugs” if I were to come to their house during those 72 hours. She also said that she was fine with being around me at the retreat. That she was NOT “uncomfortable” being around me and that she had come to my house more than once since I started chemo. I asked what the difference was between being at her house or the retreat sharing a room, table, bathroom, car…

Ready for it? She wouldn’t have to cleanup after me at the retreat and she could avoid being near me. I asked what she meant by clean up after me. “You contaminate everything you touch.”

I am dumbfounded. She says her GP, who is not an endocrinologist told her that it’s dangerous for her to get anything from me on her. She has Graves’ disease and was treated with radiated iodine a few years ago…and you know (insert sarcastic tone here) she has an increased risk of cancer and I’m being insensitive to her health risk.
I apologized for misunderstanding her use of the word “uncomfortable” versus “don’t come to my house and expose me to your chem” but that I wasn’t going to apologize for “lying” because to me it isn’t a lie. I apologized that my misunderstanding of her meaning made her mad.

I don’t know who this person is. I can’t believe that she is feeding this BS to my parents and lobbying against my mom being here to help me through this. I can’t believe that she actually thinks she is being “supportive” to me in any way. Just two days ago she invited me over to see the finished setup of the long arm and to give me more ginger chews. It’s like Jykle and Hyde.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I don’t know what to do other than justcut her off for the next 12 weeks of Taxol.

Page 5 of 6 (55 results)

Scroll to top button