Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Thursdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 05:32PM

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 05:32PM

moderators wrote:

Hey All, Join each other here to share between meetups!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 7 of 8 (71 results)

May 21, 2022 09:21AM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Hi ladies,

Now for a happy post. Taxol 1/12 took a marathon day, but I’m feeling pretty swell. I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night! It was wonderful! I powered through the ice baths for my hands and feet with stubborn determination. My Taxol nurse, Tatiana was a pure delight. She was nervous because she had never done a first timer’s Taxol infusion and because she was going to have to stay late alone with me, she was understandably cautious. Everything went perfectly fine.

Cyndi, I’m so glad to hear you are doing better. I’ve got the early stage of a bladder infection so I start antibiotics today. Im not sure what will happen to the lab lady who made my life so difficult yesterday, but she has a bunch of high level people pretty annoyed with her antics. Karma.

I really envy all you ladies getting out there and being so active. My AC had me progressively fatigued until the end, but I was finally able to gain back most of the weight I’d lost. The bone pain in my hip seems to be getting better as well, so I’m hoping to get more walking done without the limp that was hurting my back.

My physical therapist is really working wonders on the pain from my axillary node dissection and the mild lymphedema. I recommend it highly to anyone suspecting they have cording or still having limited range of motion. The massage hurts a bit as do the exercises until you start getting results, but it is so worth the effort. My pain level is much improved. I still have the numbness and occasional nerve pain, but we all know that just takes time…a long time.

Looking forward to seeing you all Thursday. I’ll try to be awake this time!

Catherine

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 21, 2022 04:16PM sarahmaude wrote:

Catherine, I love your bat ears! My drama loving daughter would be impressed. I hope lab lady gets seriously disciplined. People working in oncology need to be the most caring and least power tripping. It sounds as if she has completely lost her sense of purpose. What a witch. And I know a UTI can make my mood irritable even when I’m not suffering chemo effects. She is fortunate you actually are able to cope as well as you did. Hope the new meds are helpful. Seems like it’s always something.

Blum8, yes, do find ways to get out that work for you. Even a cup of tea on a park bench can be a nice change.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 23, 2022 11:45AM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Good morning, oops, I mean afternoon everyone!

Remember that song in the 80’s “I don’t like Mondays”? Well, I like this Monday because I’m feeling a lot better than I did the first 2 days after Taxol. Wondering if that’s typical for Taxol

Question for today: has anyone else experienced their fingerprint recognition failing on their iPhone and iPad? Even with moisturizer mine won’t recognize my prints anymore.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Remember to wear socks for Taxol icing. It’s VERY cold without them. I loved the nurse’s advice. She said “channel your inner polar bear”!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Cathe

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 25, 2022 02:52PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Good afternoon ladies!

I hope everyone is having a good day today. My energy started improving on Monday. Taxol #1 Saturday and Sunday were pretty tough. My Breast Cancer Journey journal has a section for writing about something that made you smile during the week. I decided to watch funny animal videos. Makes me laugh every time

May 30, 2022 10:25AM sarahmaude wrote:

Small update,

I had my second TC treatment on 5/25. My energizer bunny day didn’t happen, and I ended up sleeping through the Zoom meeting on Thursday. My cold capping is moderately successful. Not going to be one who keeps all my hair. Still keeping up with it since Taxotere has that risk of permanent hair loss.

I’m back to having a sore tongue, but I can manage it at its current level of annoying. I have 2 treatments left, then radiation. Little by little, I’m inching forward.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there.

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

May 31, 2022 09:41PM - edited May 31, 2022 09:44PM by kathrynw1thasea

Hi Ladies,

It was so nice to meet our newbies and see some regulars last week. I hope some of you will join us here to chat.
Cyndi, don't feel bad. I slept through the week before and I think I was on camera! I can relate to the missing energizer bunny day! I think the good news is that each time is different. My second Taxol wasn't the same as the first. It was still rough, but only one day instead of two. Don't lose hope on the cold capping. Who knows how much I might have kept if I'd tried it. I haven't really lost any more since the second AC took effect. I think if the words “permanent hair loss" were ever spoken to me, I would absolutely do it. I have seen at least 4 ladies doing a couple of different caps at my regular infusion time.

Port Scoreboard - Bard port-a-cath low on the chest (boob territory) 2 wins, 4 losses. I went in for a dye study this morning and left with a brand new port located in a higher “normal" non-boob territory spot. I forgot how much this hurt the first time around, but I'm relieved to have the old one out. I'm spending a little time in the land of Ice and Tylenol 3 for a few days.

Liten (pronounced LEE-ton, Norwegian for “little one") is the little grey cat you haven't seen yet, has decided that I don't play with her enough before bed. She has a collection of toys at the foot of the bed and viciously attacks them approximately 30 minutes after we have gone to bed, snuggled sweetly and relaxed me just enough to be drifting off to sleep. I'm not sure which one gets the leaping pounces, but it sounds like a giant cat weighing at least three times her size. She weighs all of about 6 pounds. I'd love to have a night vision camera to capture the acrobatics.

Question for Thursday - has anyone had experience with comprehension machines for lymphedema? My PT is applying for one for me.

See y'all Thursday

May 31, 2022 09:45PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

autocorrect strikes again!

Compression not comprehen

Jun 17, 2022 02:30PM sarahmaude wrote:

I hope everyone is doing well. I had my third TC treatment on Wednesday. Other than it taking three sticks to find a vein and getting started a full hour behind schedule, treatment itself was uneventful. Once again the day after was one of being wiped out completely. Slept from noon til 1 and again from 4:30 to 8 pm. Stayed awake long enough for supper, then slept from 11 pm until 10 am. Normal me couldn’t do that if I tried. I mentioned the fatigue to my MO and she said to just listen to my body and rest. If I had months of treatment ahead she said she would consider stimulants, but with my treatment end in sight, she said to stay the course.

Cold capping was exhausting as the start delay meant we were changing caps until 9:30 pm that night. But since my first shedding on days 16-20, I have stabilized to a great extent. The MO who originally discouraged me from even trying was impressed with the amount of hair I have.

I missed being with you all yesterday. Looking forward to “seeing” you next week.

Jun 18, 2022 04:44AM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Cyndi and the rest of the Thursday Zoomies,

Delays are exhausting. I can relate! I had a really fast experience with #4Taxol. I was in at 8am and out the door by 11:30. It was heaven! #5 today was a bit longer. In at 8:40 for lab draw, Dr.O at 9:30, infusion at 10:15 to 12:30. That was the plan, but infusion didn't start until 11:40-1:40. Still not bad, but on a day when anxiety is high, every little setback seems like a catastrophe. Ativan helps me calm down.

My big news today is that my scalp/hair really started hurting on Friday and by 2am Saturday morning I could not stand it any longer. The steroids from Friday's infusion keep me up most of the night, so I decided to do something constructive. Yep! I scissored off the length of what was left of my hair and then clipped it down to the scalp. It was such a relief to get the quickly thinning hair off my tender head. I could tell that #5 was going to be the end of any hangers-on and the pain was getting worse by the hour. Hair gone, no more pain. And it's a lot cooler now too! No sweaty hair during a hot flash!

Downside to shaving my head…the kitten had no idea who I am with the wig and freaked out. With a cap she is okay, but man does she hate the wig!

Hang in there with the cold caping. I was doing good until the Taxol #4 got hold of my follicles. Next eyebrows!

See y’all again soon.

Catherin

Jun 30, 2022 10:06PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Sorry for missing group today. I spent all afternoon from 12:30 to 6:45 trying to get my new insurance ID number. Our new company policy was supposed to be processed last week, but because one of my coworkers left the company, United Health Care and/or our broker decided to revise our rates. As a result none of us had a policy number or ID numbers until shortly after I sent a rather scathing email to the CEO of the brokerage. Oddly enough we had numbers 20 minutes after he read my email. Wish I’d had his email address at 1:00pm!

Alas, my chemo tomorrow is still canceled due to lack of preauthorization! And to add insult to injury I have discovered that the owner of the quilt shop where my friends bought the long arm has been sitting on my order because “it’s tricky”. The regional manager has gotten involved with the situation and has promised me that it will ship no later than Friday (tomorrow). All my questions about why this happened are met with “it’s tricky” and “HandiQuilter will stand behind this machine and make it right. We will take care of you.” My take is that the owner has money problems and used my friends money to pay something else. How do you lie to a cancer patient and live with yourself

I’m not real happy with people right now.

Page 7 of 8 (71 results)

Scroll to top button