Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Thursdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 07:32PM

Posted on: Mar 31, 2022 07:32PM

moderators wrote:

Hey All, Join each other here to share between meetups!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 9 of 9 (87 results)

Aug 8, 2022 01:48AM moderators wrote:

kathrynw1thasea, we are so glad your infusion went well! We agree with K-gobby, great job understanding your needs and advocating for what is right for you!

See ya Thursday!

--The Mods

Aug 15, 2022 12:43AM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

Hi all, I’m looking forward to hearing how the radiation simulations went last week. Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Taxol #11 went well even with the false fire alarm evacuation right at the middle of my infusion. None of us were keen on climbing back up 3 flights of stairs and I kept assuring the nurses that we would be safe in the 2-hour fire rated stairway for at least the 30 minutes it would take the fire department to get there and determine if it was a false alarm, but after 15 minutes they herded us outside. At least we had a cold front at the time (<100-degrees), the shady side of the building and a good breeze. Getting back up those stairs was a personal victory for me. I made it to the top with just one stop along the way. I was winded but not worn out! Others didn’t have it so easy.

I heard later from my mother that none of the people on the 1st and 2nd floors evacuated the building to the sunny side. They could see the fire department at the building across the street and knew it wasn’t in our part of the complex. Turned out to be someone smoking in a bathroom! Guess they didn’t know smoke detectors in hospitals actually detect smoke, not just heat!

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 8/19/2022 Verzenio Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes

Aug 22, 2022 10:33PM kathrynw1thasea wrote:

question: I started letrazole yesterday and I swear my hips, knees and lower back hurt more than normal. Today it’s the same thing. A few hours (6) after taking it, I’m aching again. Am I being paranoid or can it happen this fast? What can we take to offset the pain

Surgery 2/15/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 3/25/2022 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 8/19/2022 Verzenio Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC: Papillary/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/27 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 9, 2022 12:31PM laback31 wrote:

Thursday evening zoom group on here? Missed the time yesterday! ;-(

Hope to be back next week! —-Lauren

Surgery 4/25/2022 Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left): Simple; Mastectomy (Right): Simple; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 5/12/2022 Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

Sep 9, 2022 10:48PM moderators wrote:

You were missed yesterday, Lauren!

Sep 10, 2022 10:50AM k-gobby wrote:

I missed too. I had one of those ah ha moments. Water. At home I had easily drank all my liquid daily. Water and antioxidants too. But back to work, not so much as I have gotten busier. Today I awaken with that taste...slight medicine like and thought "not again". Then Bing! Water!!!!! I went to the fridge and grabbed my cold water. 32 ozs for the morning.

As to aches, I have had joint hand pain and neuropathy in my toes. Along with the frozen arm. Is it the letrozole, the blood clot and eloquis and/or the every 3 week herceptin and perjeta? As I said to my younger sister. Pull out the drug side effect sheets for all meds. What is most common?

Above all else, monitor daily. Can you stretch and move about and feel better? Check with your medical team as well. They might have a suggestion.

Enjoy the days ahead with hope for better days...a day at a time.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 Other Surgery 2/1/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left): Skin Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Talzenna (talazoparib) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Sep 15, 2022 11:54PM moderators wrote:

Hello All!

kathrynw1thasea I'm so sorry to hear about your aches and pains? Did the doctors also start you on a regimen of Lupron? The combination of that with Letrazole can sometimes cause so much aches and pains that you feel all of over pain similar to the tenderness of a fever. This fades away after the first two to three shots and usually within 48 hours of the shots. We hope you feel better soon!

K-gooby - great advice about the water and stretching. I think both are a huge help!

Happy to hear from all of you.

-The Mods :-)

Page 9 of 9 (87 results)

Scroll to top button