Topic: HRT Doesn't Seem To Raise Risk of Recurrence in Certain Women

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Aug 4, 2022 12:51PM

Posted on: Aug 4, 2022 12:51PM

moderators wrote:

HRT Doesn't Seem To Raise Risk of Breast Cancer Recurrence in Certain Women
July 28, 2022

Overall, neither systemic nor vaginal hormone replacement therapy (HRT) seemed to increase the risk of breast cancer recurrence (the cancer coming back) in women diagnosed with early-stage, estrogen receptor-positive disease. Still, using vaginal HRT slightly increased recurrence risk in women who received an aromatase inhibitor. Read more...

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Aug 5, 2022 07:22PM dutchiegirl wrote:

This is very interesting! I had hormone receptor negative BC and am curious to know how HRT affects those with the same diagnosis. I know there aren't a lot of studies carried out with my sub-type as only 4% of BC diagnoses are the same as mine. I do use Vagifem (with great success) and sometimes I do wonder if there will be any negative repercussions.

Lori-Anne Dx 11/7/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 11/7/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIA, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/14/2019 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 3/4/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/29/2019 Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Scroll to top button