Log in to post a reply
Nov 30, 2012 09:10PM
Nov 30, 2012 09:13PM
To get into chat:
1. Click on the link that the moderators provided or the Chat Rooms link on the left side of your screen near the top of this page.
2. scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. enter your login name and your password.
4. click Enter Chat Rooms (this will open a small breastcancer.org Chat Room window....it is a java app, so you need to have java. I think this means that you can't access the chat room with a ipad, ipod etc.)
5. Click on Treatment and Beyond. The other room, Staying Connected, is only used for special gatherings. Your login name will be automatically entered. You do not need to enter anything in the Profile line. If there are people in the room, they will show up in frame on the right side.
6. Click on Enter Room. This will open a second window called Treatment and Beyond. Do not close any other windows. If you close the first login page or the breastcancer.org Chat Room window, it will close you out of the chat room.
If you are in the chat room and you get disconnected, you may have problems getting into the chat room again because your "ghost" is still in the room and won't let you in. To get around this problem, capitalize the first letter of your login name on the first login page at www.breastcancer.org/community... and follow the above instructions to get in again. When you get to step 6, Enter Room, your "ghost" and your capitalized login name will both be in the chat room at the same time. Eventually, your "ghost" will drop out.
I hope this helps!
3/9/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-